Non Instanced Elites for Frostweave Farming, Very Fast Respawn + Updated WotLK Loot. menu

User Tag List

timebandit1's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Non Instanced Elites for Frostweave Farming, Very Fast Respawn + Updated WotLK Loot.

Sometimes tailors don't prepare well for the grind to 600 skill. This guide will let you pwn them at the difficult spot.

People tend to run out of a few things doing tailoring without a guide -- you guys noticed silk is a bettycrockerblocker and quite overpriced on some mid-pop servers!
    Frostweave happens to be one of these Tailoring choke points too, so here's a simple way out of that:

WotLK: Northrend: Icecrown: THE BOMBARDMENT :gusta:

Bombardment (Icecrown) - WoWWiki - Your guide to the World of Warcraft

(Northrend Tailoring book helpful here? Not sure if necessary because > Undead not Humanoid)

...you might be thinking, "those mobs don't drop loot", right?
    But -- Some of you noticed their loot tables were upgraded since the time Wowhead people claimed the mobs don't drop loot.
    Believe it or not, these Icecrown elites (in Bombardment ONLY) drop 1-4 Frostweave very often, groups of 3+ very often drop at least 1g.
    They drop all the grey weapons, greens and armor that you'd expect to find from instance mobs.

What you need:

~a good (fast) ground or flying mount to round up groups of mobs

~a character with enough gear to farm level 80 Icecrown Elites. Not sure where that becomes comfortable -- at level 90 just about anyone with a good AoE should find this quite comfortable.

~room in your bag

~tailoring (preferably!) to reduce the Frostweave into bolts

~BONUS Enchanting to shard the greens, turn Infinite Dust and Frostweave Bolt into Bolt of Imbued Frostweave.

What you do:

get on your mount and gather about 3 groups of stitched abomination and enraged fleshrenders/footsoldiers.
    these should all be elites. if you see non elites you've gone too far south and left the Bombardment.
    the giants do not have a loot table so you would be wasting your time.
    keep to the north, check next to the gate, and make a big circle around the mini-zone as you gather up and kill mobs.

on a shadow priest with a regular mount, i was able to round up about 15 mobs per average pull, sometimes many more or less.
    average loot for these kills is about 3g per pull plus greens, cloth, scrolls, POTIONS, greys.

At this spot you could probably craft 5-10 frostweave bags per hour, earn roughly 300-600g per hour from looting and vendoring the greys and potions alone.
    Cosmic Essence isn't too useful but it can be sold or used for scrolls.

If you decide to just sell Infinite Dust on your server that works too, along with the stacks of raw Frostweave.

...Not sure if it would be too safe to bot here but I hardly ever see anyone flying over. Mostly just miners and people doing the quests at Bombardment.

Otherwise they remember the deeply ingrained misery that it USED to be at the Bombardment and fail to realize you can make more gold per H here than in Naxxramas...

Hope this helps if some of you were bored and needing a low key place to farm in peace without the opposite faction bothering you constantly.
    It's not MoP greys that vendor for 11g apiece but it's a place where a level 90 should never die. And the gold the mobs drop easily covers any repairs that need to be made.

have fun and tell me if you found a lot of cloth!
    I wasn't going to share my spot but it's not exactly secret anymore and it could help a few of you level ur stuff before WoD.
    And to rake in huge profits due to proximity to the Dalaran AH.

p.s. I FORGOT TO MENTION the respawn is almost instant.
    if it's not just get your Tundra Mammoth out and by the end of your vendoring the mobs will return.
    it's 10x better than resetting some dumb instance.
    Last edited by timebandit1; 08-19-2014 at 11:12 AM.
    "As for man, his days are as grass: as a flower of the field, so he flourishes. But the wind passes over, and soon all disappears; and his place will no more exist."

Non Instanced Elites for Frostweave Farming, Very Fast Respawn + Updated WotLK Loot.
    Avcai's Avatar Master Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm afraid I didn't have as much luck with this spot. Maybe its just because i did this as melee, but I found the mobs too far apart to group up without them resetting, and the respawn rate was actually pretty terrible for me. There's only about 5-6 elite packs in this area, and the adds aren't attached to the stitched abomination so a group of 5 can easily turn into a group of 3 if they decide to wander off.

While I like that you tried to find an alternative spot, this simply doesn't compare to farming H-PoS. In 15 minutes of farming this spot, i got 39 frostweave cloth and 6 greens. In 13:35 minutes of Pit of Saron, I I quadrupled my frost weave cloth and greens, not to mention I got an epic that will sell for 1500 on my server.

Cheers for sharing though

Domo Kun's Avatar Active Member R.I.P. MGK ! ~HAHA~ CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    70/12
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I read the whole post and, where is this location??

can u make a map there? also a route wuld be awesome

ty

Avcai's Avatar Master Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are 4-5 stitched abominations with 4 ghouls/skeletons that pat around here. Easiest way is to make a circle around this area but theres obviously somewithin the circle as well.
    Last edited by Avcai; 08-20-2014 at 11:32 PM. Reason: fixed image and added description

Kelz's Avatar Sergeant Major
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At first I thought this was lame, but I actually often drop around 5-10 cloth per group.

As said before me, it's extremely rare to be able to get multiple group because they are way too far appart. But even one by one this seems viable.

Anyway that was 30 cloth in around 5 minutes while doing something else at the same time. I'll see how it evolves

Edit: Now (7 minnutes later) I have 80 of them, which makes 50 cloth in 7 minutes.
    The respawn is slow though and I sometimes have to circle a lot before seeing new mobs.
    Last edited by Kelz; 08-21-2014 at 02:41 PM.

Thanks G/R
    0/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did Pit of Saron solo and with a friend.
    With friend got a bit out of control and a couple of times we managed to kill ourselves (not pvp geared yet lol).

but the PoS drops far more greens and cloth -- at the price of occasionally dying and having to deal with instance resets per hour.

the respawn rate at Bombardment seemed really fast to me. although others say different, they seemed to respawn much faster than the ghosts most people farm on the western side of the gates.

i have the advantage of being able to craft my bolts of frostweave for a few minutes whereas people who are not tailors dont' have anything to do while they wait.

ADHD ftl :P
    "As for man, his days are as grass: as a flower of the field, so he flourishes. But the wind passes over, and soon all disappears; and his place will no more exist."

Domo Kun's Avatar Active Member R.I.P. MGK ! ~HAHA~ CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    70/12
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nerfd? im getting nothing,yes im at the right place

i even poppd a treasure potion ,nothing

reply plz (im killing the right mobs)

whatevertheysay's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/2
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by ~<3 View Post
    nerfd? im getting nothing,yes im at the right place

i even poppd a treasure potion ,nothing

reply plz (im killing the right mobs)
    treasure and potion of luck don't work in northrend

Thanks G/R
    0/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If the mobs dropped literally zero it must have been the wrong spot.
    If you leave the Bombardment, the mobs change from elite aboms and soldiers to elite giants (with no loots) and non elite geists.

Anyhow this spot is for botters or beginners not really geared folks -- i.e. beginning 90 could get rich here but ilvl 550 people can do better.

Thanks G/R
    0/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    UPDATED:

I found an even better spot (IMO) than the stupid Bombardment.

TOONS who have NOT DONE the Northrend zone "Storm Peaks" have access to Stormforged Giant elites on the eastern side of DUN Niffelem (spelling).
    This is where the frost giant rep quests are. So if you don't do the SON OF HODIR rep questlines, you have access to a phased out area between Fjorn's forge and Dun Niff,
    where iron giants run around the frozen lake and instant respawn. They drop between 50s to 1g50s apiece and tons of Frostweave.

Also it's very close to mobs who drop the Eternal Fire component (whatever its called lol).
    Those go from 50 to 100g on many servers due to no farming.

Another way to get easy Eternal Fire is by buying every Frozen Orb from AH and trading it at the Dalaran AH to the man on the flying carpet.
    He does 1/1 trade w/ frozen orb and Eternal Fire is prbly the best one.

happy grinding.