81/162
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

setting Super Guild Invite up to be fully automated

Okay, so I for one now how hard it is to get a guild going. A lot of people use Super Guild Invite to somewhat combat this problem to mass invite people, so their guild gets leveled up quickly. However, you're not going to be at your computer 24/7 or keep wanting to click that Invite button all day long. So, I'm here to show you how to automate the invite portion of SGI.

First things first, you'll need SGI, which can be found here
    We're going to assume you know how to use addons and how to enable them. Anyways, when you log on you should see a tiny blue button next to your minimap that has SGI on it, as demonstrated here. Okay, so you'll be presented with this screen when you open it, or something similar:

Alright, so the first thing we're going to want to do is change the keybind. You see where it says Set Keybind (P) on my image? Well, that's because I have the P key set to invite people. Now, you can click the Set Keybind button and map whatever key you want to it, but for now I'm going to assume you chose P.

Okay, so now we have SGI installed, it's ready to invite people, and we have a keybind set. Here comes the fun part. We're going to be installing a program that one of our own awesome Elite members, Drakefish wrote. It is called Keyspam, and despite the thread being from 2011, it still works perfectly!
    Here is a link to the thread or if you just want the download link, click here

Alright, so do the usual stuff with the file (download and extract it). Make sure to run it as an Administrator to prevent any weird errors. You should be greeted with this screen when you open it, or something similar:

So we're going to click on each of those keys (Return, Hello!, and Return) and click Delete, ending up with a blank sheet, as demonstrated below:

Now, click add, and you'll come across this screen:

Simply click in the empty text box next to Key: and then click on whatever key you set earlier with SGI (mine was P). Now for the sleep time, I recommend doing something like 500 or so (if I'm not mistaken that's 500 milliseconds) so it should work fine.

If you've done everything correctly, your window should look like this (with whatever keybind you picked instead of the P for mine)

Now, you see where at the top of the window it says Window to Spam: with a little drop down arrow? Click the arrow and then click on your WoW client (will be some numbers/letters and then World of Warcraft). This ensures that it only goes to that window, so you are free to keep using your computer or other wow tasks for other purposes.

And finally, click the Spam button! This will spam the keystroke you entered into the keyspam program, which is also your keybind to invite people using SGI. This is fully automated and you can even go to sleep with this on without being afk.

If you have any questions feel free to post. Also, please take a moment to thank Confucius and Drakefish (Confuc for linking me to the program the other day in bawx, and Drake for making it).

setting Super Guild Invite up to be fully automated
    Yukka's Avatar Contributor
    CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    46/24
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I assoume you can't do anything else with this running. Like typing.
    I do the same thing with an auto clicker already, but a method that would just invite people without having to personally interact with it, that also lets you play and chat as normal - that would be great.

Nicorn's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think this won't be very helpful soon, because the Cash Flow perk is getting removed with wod (I think people want to use it for that).

So use it while it's still there.

Blue Post Quote:

The Cash Flow perk is obviously popular, though in most guilds it actually contributes less gold to the guild bank than something like Guild Challenges, since it only applies to looted coins. However, it also fuels some degenerate player behavior: if you've made an alt lately, you've probably noticed that you can't go more than a minute or two without receiving a guild invite - typically from "leaders" who are looking to recruit armies of often-unwitting players to both level guilds for later sale, and to increase the amount of Cash Flow gold that is siphoned into coffers to which only they have access. It can be a meaningful amount of gold for one player's pockets, but for something like a raiding guild, Cash Flow gold barely makes a dent in something like total repair costs. We're removing the Cash Flow perk in Warlords.

phantom325's Avatar Turtle Nation
    Thanks G/R
    81/162
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Yukka View Post
    So I assoume you can't do anything else with this running. Like typing.
    I do the same thing with an auto clicker already, but a method that would just invite people without having to personally interact with it, that also lets you play and chat as normal - that would be great.
    Correct, you will be spamming the key in chat. I have yet to try it with something like ctrl though