Thanks G/R
    0/13
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you want to make some gold before WoD?

here´s a quick guide how to make some extra gold at the end of the addon and the economy tanking on every realm:

1) go to isle of thunder and kill rare mobs until you loot the key for the treasures of the thunder king scenario
    2) the scenario usually nets me between 400-600g for a 5 minute run - depending on class/buffs & some luck with the chests regarding keys.
    3) get a friend from a dead realm to invite you or abuse OQUEUE groups for celestials/ordos to stay on their realm (see exploit forum how to stay on that realm) so all the rare mobs will be up
    3,5) if you are not decent geared, it helps to do the dailys first so you get the buff from the crystal.
    4) farm more keys from rare mobs despite a low droprate for a 2nd key per ID, also watch out for Troves of the Thunder Kings sprawled out across the isle (only ONCE per ID)
    5) bonus points if you are a warlock and can loot another sealed tome of the lost legion to sell on the AH or save for WOD when panda land is going crz (camping rares will become harder)
    6)for Transmogg Fans or Transmogg sellers - most of the mobs on the isle have a chance to drop parts of a Zul Aman recolor set (Amani Raiment Sets) that are very popular with leather classes (esp. people pimping out their monk twinks), so watch your loot and check the AH.

Do you want to make some gold before WoD?
    midnightowl's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    5 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by never_healed View Post
    here´s a quick guide how to make some extra gold at the end of the addon and the economy tanking on every realm:

1) go to isle of thunder and kill rare mobs until you loot the key for the treasures of the thunder king scenario
    2) the scenario usually nets me between 400-600g for a 5 minute run - depending on class/buffs & some luck with the chests regarding keys.
    3) get a friend from a dead realm to invite you or abuse OQUEUE groups for celestials/ordos to stay on their realm (see exploit forum how to stay on that realm) so all the rare mobs will be up
    3,5) if you are not decent geared, it helps to do the dailys first so you get the buff from the crystal.
    4) farm more keys from rare mobs despite a low droprate for a 2nd key per ID, also watch out for Troves of the Thunder Kings sprawled out across the isle (only ONCE per ID)
    5) bonus points if you are a warlock and can loot another sealed tome of the lost legion to sell on the AH or save for WOD when panda land is going crz (camping rares will become harder)
    6)for Transmogg Fans or Transmogg sellers - most of the mobs on the isle have a chance to drop parts of a Zul Aman recolor set (Amani Raiment Sets) that are very popular with leather classes (esp. people pimping out their monk twinks), so watch your loot and check the AH.
    what you mean camping rares will become harder? panda land is already crz ?

Cecu's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    121/20
    Trade Feedback
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by midnightowl View Post
    what you mean camping rares will become harder? panda land is already crz ?
    NO its not! You can invite cross realm characters, but the zone is not shared across multiple servers, just like all the non-instanced non-pandaria wow content (except Stormwind and Orgrimmar of course!)

On the question, getting 500g per 5min is not really profittable, if you can do it once or twice a week per character Its much faster if you get your characters professions to work for yourself. But if you want to get the Throves into the scheme, I recommend you to do it with your enchanter, and cap the Elder coins to 20/20 in the scenario, then jump into LFR/Normal/Heroic starter Pandaria raids, and use all the coins for extra loot=Sha crystal.

That way you can get at least 20x Sha Crystals off these raids, not including the non-coin loot, which is a definite plus!

On most of my servers in EU, 20 Sha Crystals can be cashied out for 3-4k gold. Much more than the 500g off the Throve itself.
    Last edited by Cecu; 05-21-2014 at 11:53 AM.

stevesgamebox's Avatar Site Donator The AH Newbie Success Guy
    CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    0/83
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Or you can start stocking up on things that you know will be in demand when WOD hits.

Like for one, I'm starting to learn more towards profession packs as people start to level new characters and receive new 90s.

The demand for max professions should rise considerably - making tons of room for all-in-one profession leveling kits.

OF course, with the new changes nothing is guaranteed to work. (Just like everything)

But still it's a hunch that I think some of you should look into.

myjimmys's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I disagree, with profession perks being dropped, its more likely a lot of people wont bother leveling professions, other than the main people already that use them to dominate the markets and make gold.

Zethth's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    2/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see enchanting dust price going way up, just think back on how much hypnotic dust went for, practically nothing, but now I think it goes for around 80g / stack or something silly on my realm, because it takes so much to level and its not produced in that great of a number because every green that drops isnt being de'ed

never_healed's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/13
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This guide was written for the following people:

-Boosted 90s warlocks, people with warlock alts or people who aim to get a warlock in WOD: once WOD comes out and all of Pandaria will be CRZ, it will be much harder to farm rare mobs everywhere, so getting a sealed tome of the lost legion (4k-5k AH price atm on most of my realms) will become a pain in the ass with the low droprate. Stocking up on 3-4 pieces for WOD might be a good idea, ESPECIALLY now that Blizzards latestes Alpha build has a Feat of Strength for getting green fire at 90 for locks. (This also applies for other usefull stuff MOP has brought such as Blackhorns Battlehorn, Warscout Banner that lets you drop combat every 10 min, Crystal of Insanity, Elixier of Ancient Knowledge, Golden Fleece, Zandalari Warbringers, 2 of the rare mobs that drop pets, etc)

-people boosting leather alts that want the Zul Aman Raiment recolor or sell on the AH

-people who play on a dead realm/AH, dont care for playing the AH, because the looted gold is pure gold, no selling stuff.

-discussions about prof perks and AH prices for MOP mats during WOD are useless until beta and then check Stormspire for better analysis.
    However, in Townlong Steppes/Dreadwastes/Krasarang Wildnis most of the mobs have a chance to drop bags of MOP mats + this is the first time you can disenchant Sha Crystals into mysterious essence/shards/spirit dust, so I dont think the prices will reach as insane levels as hypnotic dust
    Last edited by never_healed; 06-03-2014 at 12:19 PM.

stevesgamebox's Avatar Site Donator The AH Newbie Success Guy
    CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    0/83
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by myjimmys View Post
    I disagree, with profession perks being dropped, its more likely a lot of people wont bother leveling professions, other than the main people already that use them to dominate the markets and make gold.
    Those are your target market anyway - the people who are most likely able to afford such a service.

IME selling profession packs, most players aren't in it for the profession perks. They are usually setting out to dominate a market and recoup the costs.

But I can why you would say that.

Time will tell.