Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rogue - Mass Damage Guide. (Dagger Build)

This is a short guide for dagger build rogues.... it should help you be more efficient with your DPS and help you crit much much higher.
    Before we begin... some key talents are Malice, Lethality, Imp Backstab, Cold blood (100%+ chance to crit on your next attack)
    They key to doing the most damage with a dagger rogue, is to find the SLOWEST, HIGHEST DAMAGE RANGE dagger you can find. Sometimes a dagger with less DPS is much better because it may be alot slower but with a much higher damage range. This is important because your most important attacks are based on this...
    Take ambush. 250% Damage + Some damage based on rank.
    Say you're using Death's Sting, the best dagger in the game...
    http://www.thottbot.com/?i=53392
    Alright. So you ambush someone... that's 144+Extra damage based on your attack rating... about 200 or so. So 200x250% = 500. 500+the highest rank ambush is +290. 790 Damage... supposing it's not even a crit. The crit % bonus is buffed by your talents, making it about 1600-2000. Most level 60's have only around 3000HP. If it was a tank, youd probably have to take off about 400 damage from armor resistance. In this case, you would probably SS then gouge for a backstab... which would result in another 1000+ damage (if it crits... with improved backstab and remorseless attacks, its a very likely event. You'd probably use cold blood to ensure that your ambush crits though.) From then on they probably have very little health, low enough for you to eviscerate them to death. Or you could vanish, cheapshot, and they're doomed.
    If it wasn't a tank that you just ambushed, they're pretty much dead... except they have spells to immunize or trap you as they run or cast from afar. In this case, cheapshot is the best choice. With casters, you need to keep them stunned most of the time and do as much DPS as possible while they're incapacitated. Gouge is key, because it lets you follow up with a backstab... very important if you didn't ambush. Use cold blood on the most important attacks.
    Well thats my incredibly short guide/discussion...

Rogue - Mass Damage Guide. (Dagger Build)
    Levin's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Rogue - Mass Damage Guide. (Dagger Build)

Cool, first comment. I like your post

Ced's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    1/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeh, Youre right about the dmg thing
    Im kinda shtiing with builds are the moment.. i used to be Seal Fate(I suppose this is Seal fate like?) then i went to Sublety Build(didnt like it, argh low dmg)
    now im Combat Sword.. but dont have good sword -_-'
    I can take the 2 Daggers from AV(The Lobotomizer and the blue one.) Do you think that is good?:\

I need anything nice atm, cause i cant kill **** :P i rock at DMG meters.. but i lose like 60% of my duels. Not in BG tho.. but Duels are ****. BG rocks.

btw.. i like http://www.thottbot.com/?i=53957 better

totalpk's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^ the 1st one is something actually obtainable ;p unless your in an extremely old and hard core raiding guild... not much but it is still something. same goes for non dagger builds. the slower your mainhand, the bigger your sinister strike. i think the slowest daggers out there are the HWL/GM ones.

bokyong's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Because your build requires you to open with an Ambush, you will not have luck against Hunters (Scatter Shot), Mages (Frost Nova) PRiests (Fear), Warlocks (Fear) and Pallys (Bubble). That leaves Rogues and Other Warriors. Your build although look snice on paper is harder to do as said unless the guy your killing is not paying attention at all.

Some Flaws in the Strategy...

After your ambush and SS you have 2 problems:

1. Your out of energy (Ambush = 60 energy) (SS = 45 energy) Even with the Imp SS you take 5 Energy less on the SS you are still out of Energy unless you use a Thistle tea. Not to mention Gouge takes 45 Energy to do. (That's almost half a bar you need to wait for to regen)

2. To Gouge the guy you need to be in front of him. (You cannot Gouge form behind) When you're out of energy from the first 2 attacks you need to wait for your energy to recover, giving your target more than enough time to imoblize you and get out or Fear you and nuke you.

The Ambush is used for PVE mostly. As you let the tank keep agro and you can Ambush, BS EVISC to your hearts content. In PVP this technique is not too good as you need to keep the guy stunned and need to open with Cheap Shot to keep him stunned. If you gonna Cheap shot the guy there is no sense in opening with an Ambush. You should 90% of the time open with Cheap shop unless your target is fighting a mob and has less than 1k hp and you want to ambush him and kill him in one hit. Other wise Ambush takes too much energy and does not give you enough time to regain it liek cheap shot does.

Good ideas but as a Rogue player for a long time This build and strategy wont work in PVP.

volcom's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Death's Sting is no longer the best dagger in the game... http://www.thottbot.com/?i=53957

bait's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow that dagger is lovely lol. How where do you get it from?
    .l..°_°..l. As of to day im a good man, Good day

Glikko92's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That tis from naxx, LONG LIVE T3! http://ctprofiles.net/3537551

ps: LF a Bwl + Guild please send me a private mess.. willing to chang servers

former's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im gunna run a 31/0/30 seal fate, subtiity rogue. in theory it ged some great damage from CB ambush>prep>gouge>thistle>CB evis
    http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=fhec0E0oVZZE0ec0hocbo | down here too
    \/
    Level 70 Rogue (30/0/31)

Assassination (30 points)
    Improved Eviscerate - Rank 3/3
    Increases the damage done by your Eviscerate ability by 15%.

Malice - Rank 5/5
    Increases your critical strike chance by 5%.

Ruthlessness - Rank 3/3
    Gives your finishing moves a 60% chance to add a combo point to your target.

Improved Backstab - Rank 3/3
    Increases the critical strike chance of your Backstab ability by 30%.

Lethality - Rank 5/5
    Increases the critical strike damage bonus of your Sinister Strike, Gouge, Backstab, Ghostly Strike, Mutilate, Shiv and Hemorrhage abilites by 30%.

Vile Poisons - Rank 5/5
    Increases the damage dealt by your poisons and Envenom ability by 20% and gives your poisons an additional 40% chance to resist dispel effects.

Cold Blood - Rank 1/1
    When activated, increases the critical strike chance of your next offensive ability by 100%.

Seal Fate - Rank 5/5
    Your critical strikes from abilities that add combo points have a 100% chance to add an additional combo point.
    Combat (0 points)

None
    Subtlety (31 points)

Master of Deception - Rank 5/5
    Reduces the chance enemies have to detect you while in Stealth mode. More effective than Master of Deception (Rank 4).

Opportunity - Rank 5/5
    Increases the damage dealt when striking from behind with your Backstab, Mutilate, Garrote, and Ambush abilities by 20%.

Camouflage - Rank 5/5
    Increases your speed while stealthed by 15% and reduces the cooldown of your Stealth ability by 5 sec.

Initiative - Rank 3/3
    Gives you a 75% chance to add an additional combo point to your target when using your Ambush, Garrote, or Cheap Shot ability.

Improved Ambush - Rank 3/3
    Increases the critical strike chance of your Ambush ability by 45%.

Serrated Blades - Rank 3/3
    Causes your attacks to ignore 5 armor/level of your target's Armor and increases the damage dealt by your Rupture ability by 30%. The amount of Armor reduced increases with your level.

Preparation - Rank 1/1
    When activated, this ability immediately finishes the cooldown on your Evasion, Sprint, Vanish, Cold Blood, Adrenaline Rush and Premeditation abilities.

Master of Subtlety - Rank 3/3
    Attacks made while stealthed and for 6 seconds after breaking stealth cause an additional 10% damage.

Deadliness - Rank 2/5
    Increases your Attack Power by 4%.

Premeditation - Rank 1/1
    When used, adds 2 combo points to your target. You must add to or use those combo points within 10 sec or the combo points are lost.
    What's the use of sending a $2 million missile into a $10 tent to hit a camel in the butt?
    --George W. Bush

reveng_'s Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

30/0/31 is THE Dagger PvP Spec at the moment. Why you'd go anything else is beyond me, hello 2 Coldbloods.

volcom's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally Posted by reveng_
    30/0/31 is THE Dagger PvP Spec at the moment. Why you'd go anything else is beyond me, hello 2 Coldbloods.
    He's right, Although i've been seeing about of Combat Mutilate builds (42/19/0)

reveng_'s Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

42/19? Wheres the extra points? If anything, it would be 41/20.