Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New epic leveling through pet-battles spot.

Recently, the popularity of leveling through pet battles has increased quite a bit. I personally prefer questing, but pet-battles do have a few good points. Especially if you enjoy concentrating on something else while you're leveling.

Most places where people level through pet battles are spots with only 1 family type pet, so you can be sure to always have a pet that's strong against the pets you meet. However, no matter how easily you can kill another pet, you still have to kill 3 pets to get full experience, right?

Wrong. There is a spot in Deadwind Pass right next to Karazhan where the lvl 16-18 battle pet Arcane Eye can be found. When engaging this pet in a pet battle, it won't bring any companions along which means that you're guaranteed to fight these pets one at a time. Unlike other pets, however, you get full experience for beating this one pet. That's right - By beating just 1 Arcane Eye, you'll get the same amount of exp as beating 3 lvl 25 pets.

Pros:
    You only need to kill 1 pet to get almost the same amount of exp as a quest on your level. It's potentially 3 times faster than most other pet-battle leveling spots.
    The pets are all magic type, so as long as you bring a pet with a dragon type attack, your fights will be very easy.
    The pets are all gathered within a small area, so there's hardly any travel time between the pets.
    As of right now, there's hardly any competition. I still haven't met anyone else farming here.

Cons:
    The amount of pets is limited and the respawn timer limits your xp/hour. This forces you to do either dungeons, bg's or stuff on other chars while waiting for the eyes to respawn.
    From what I've seen, the pets can't be found every hour of the day. I still haven't found when it is that they disappear, but sometimes the area will just be empty.
    A big part of the pets are surrounded by lvl 70 mobs. This limits your speed below if you're below lvl 70.
    Arcane Eyes are magic pets, so you'll need at least 3 hits to bring them down no matter how strong your attacks are against them.

All in all, this is a very effective method. What I did was to catch a couple of Spawn of Onyxias in Dustwallow Marsh and a few Infinite Whelplings from Tanaris. All of them uncommon or rare quality. These pets are a couple of levels below the Arcane Eyes, but since they're dragonkin, it should still be easy to beat the Arcane Eyes with them. The speed will increase once your dragons get to lvl 16-17.
    Last edited by Devens; 12-12-2013 at 12:15 PM.

New epic leveling through pet-battles spot.
    Devens's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I went there at 16:30 today and leveled a bit. After a short while I logged off and when I came back at 17:30 I couldn't find any pets. It may be somewhere around 17:00 that they stop spawning.

Piju's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    1/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tried this spot a while ago and have to say, that the respawn timer is very very slow... after ~30min you have killed everything and you have to wait hours for them to respawn...
    Also, if there are more players than just you, it's not worth it in my opinion.
    But if you want to level a char only 30min-1h a day, it's a very viable spot, if you have enough pets in that level range!

Devens's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Piju View Post
    But if you want to level a char only 30min-1h a day, it's a very viable spot, if you have enough pets in that level range!
    Yeah, I should probably have emphasized this point. This isn't somewhere you go to level your character from start to finish. You do it in between dungeon queues or just rotate between your alt and your main while the pets respawn. This spot offers high exp/hour, but the respawn timer limits the amount of time you can spend there. If you're impatient, you can probably just get people from other servers to invite you to groups to avoid the respawn time.

Originally Posted by Piju View Post
    Also, if there are more players than just you, it's not worth it in my opinion.
    I agree on this point, but as I said: I've never seen anyone besides myself there. It may change in the future though if this becomes more well-known.

Piju's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    1/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As soon as something gets posted here, people are going for it...
    I spent weeks leveling my pets in the Vale, until someone posted that spot here... and BOOM! 5 people fighting for mobs...

bookclub's Avatar Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On a side note +rep to the original poster for bringing this to my attention, plus you can also do the same with the Restless Shadelings here under Khara.

Devens's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by bookclub View Post
    you can also do the same with the Restless Shadelings here under Khara.
    Yeah, I had heard something along those lines, but as they (supposedly) only spawn during night time, I haven't been able to confirm that you get full exp from those as well. Thank you for pointing that out.

Axorod's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Restless Shadelings gives full XP too, and they are solo battlepets too

freeanime's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    5/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    awesome spot.

some more tips:

- for min/maxers, the best pet to do this is probably the Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling (Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling - NPC - World of Warcraft). Mechanical = reduced damage from magic attacks + Dragonkin attack = bonus damage to magic pets.

A lvl 10 Mech Pandaren will be enough to take down the eye

- for low lvl characters, you can reach 4 - 5 Arcane eyes without getting aggro, on the northern side of the spot.

- use a level 70+ to clear the trash mobs in front of kara entrance, then go with your reroll and enjoy

- if you have a second account, make lvl 1 rerolls on different servers and invite your character so he can use cross server technology to get more pets.
    iirc you cant make groups with trial (free accounts), maybe with game time promotion you can get around it but i'm not sure.

or use a friend to swap server, or even oqueue (celestials groups mb)
    Last edited by freeanime; 12-19-2013 at 01:49 PM. Reason: added two tips