0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

World of Warcraft Gold Management:

A bit about me.
    I am KitsuneDef, I was one of the top gold makers in the Billionaire Boys Guild before it was disbanded. I posted on MD before its breakdown & have been selling gold for over 3 years strictly off my own supply making over $750/week at my max peek (prior to the gold/price rate death). I have been gaming on World of Warcraft for seven years & spend over 80 hours a week playing. I do not consider myself the most knowledge person nor do I consider myself a know it all but what I do know I am more than willing to always share. This is a guide of sorts I have posted on the BBG site before it went down which I kept updated and I figured since I am new here I will share it with you all as an introduction to the community, I plan on being active in. Now on with the guide. I hope it helps!

A lot of people post guides up based on how to make gold, ranging from professions to farm spots but one of the biggest concepts in acquiring an insane amount of gold is the actual control of the gold you make which is rarely touched on. One would be suprised at how much they have actually had in World of Warcraft. (To check this simply go to your Achi's, select the character tab & check the Wealth section). Odds are you have had a ton more gold than you think & have no idea where it all went. Thats what we are here to remedy.

One of the biggest misconceptions of dealing with gold in WoW is the thought "I can make this gold back". No you can't. There is only one circumstance where this holds true & that is when you are flipping items. Any means of spending gold without a direct 100%+ return on the very same item is not making the gold back, it is either spending it or investing it. You can always make more gold, but unless it is that one isolated situation you will never make that gold back.

The basic concept of flipping an item where you can make your gold back hinges on the "buy low, sell high" theory in which you pick up an item under priced and sell it at its normal / suggested / extorted price value. This mainly is pulled off the most with transmog items, rare recipes / patterns & limited stock trade goods. This in itself is straight forward & needs no outlining besides the fact that you should never attempt to flip an item that is going to be overstocked on the auction house. It is a waste of gold & you will be dealing with reposting a lot.

I have already made mention of spending gold, the best way to acquire a lot of gold in WoW is to limit your spending. People seem to be reckless with gold spending it on profession mats which are simple to farm, Raid equipment / food should be farmed never bought unless it is last minute grouping even then you should plan ahead if you are a raider, PVE gear off the auction house (unless this is a direct damage increase item i.e: Weapon of sorts) this should never be done & is almost useless even more so with LFR implemented into the game. The same goes for PVP craftable gear, another pointless purchase seeing as the difference you gain from normal gear is minimal & will not adjust your exp in player vs player enviornments enough to sacrifice the gold.

The biggest category of gold draining when it comes to spending is Vanity items / Rare items which in my book happens to be the only reasonable use of gold. Items that are unobtainable in game i.e: TCG items, incredibly low drop rate transmog items (only if you plan on keeping the look) & the cost of obtaining an item (100% success rate) are the only use of spending one should be doing.

The other concept of gold sink is investing, which is one of the most complex crossroads for one to be at with gold control. We have already went over flipping of items, which crosses over into investing however I tend to view investing as the area of power leveling professions or complete domination of a niche market you can constantly control. A niche market you can constantly control is defined by something nobody wants to farm, isn't easily soloable or done by a smaller group, old world materials, a smaller % of the community has knowledge about it or has a god awful drop rate from a horrible spawn rate mob. A smart investment is only an investment you know will bring in a constant stream of gold, wasting gold on something that will sell once or twice a week is a terrible idea.

Professions With High End Return
    Enchanting: Simple enough to know that Enchanting has huge leveling ranges for mats, a lot of them have a shallow supply base & depending on your realm their can be a supply base that does not exist. Not to mention if you happen to be a PVP player you can use LFR weekly & disenchant any gear you get to sell the highest level mats for a pretty penny as well as supply the AH with old world / heirloom enchants.

Blacksmithing: Craftable gear / Epic gear for people who feel the need to rush the gearing process, typically your main consumers will be that of new toons, non guilded raiders & almost everyone trying to get ahead of the curve during patches & expansions.

Jewelcrafting: Everyone needs gems, period. No matter if its pvp or pve you need to gem every slot to maximize your play, JC happens to be on of the professions you kinda need to "camp" the Auction House if you are on a bigger realm.

Tailoring: Tailoring can supply your realm with bags as well as raw cloth, with the addition of Northern Exposure during WotLK you pick up tons more cloth to sell off. Tailoring also has some hard to get recipes which can fetch a HEFTY price on the auction house for crafting the BoE's the only issue is finding / acquiring said patterns. Tailoring can also feed an enchanter with mats as well.
    Professions to avoid
    Engineering: Prior to 5.4 Engineering makes little to no gold, with 5.4 the new mount that will be made exclusively through Engineering may fetch a hefty payday seeing as it takes 30 days to craft but until the exact value of that mount is set its a shy away.

Inscription: The glyph market moves faster than trading RL currencies & its a 24/7 auction house camp to compete. It requires way too much time to maximize your income and I suggest against it (unless you have a free profession slot on an alt ofc).

*Any other profession not listed here or in the first section is a toss up depending on your realm, if can be a big time money maker or a big time money sink

Final Thoughts: Gold is gold, it all collects the same & raises your purse. 1 gold is just as valuable as 1000 gold. The only way to get closer to gold cap or at least having an amount of gold that you never have to worry about it is by tightening your belt & being patient. Effort is the main counter to being broke in WoW. Being lazy is the main supply. People in RL become rich because they sell items that has a smaller if not non existent market. Put in the time & effort to research what your realms situation is. Stop spending gold on stuff you can get yourself just because it will take time to do it, I promise you sit around reading trade for at least an half hour out of your day if you play WoW for more than 5 hours a day.

I plan on releasing a Blog/Live Stream type of series entitled "From Copper to Capped" beginning this week. I dont know if this site has the built in Blog option like my prior site did if it does and someone felt like sharing where it is located I would appreciate it. Otherwise private message me and I will inform you of where the blog will be hosted as to I don't wish to off link spam on here. It will be a step by step process of taking a brand new level 58 Death Knight toon with nothing, no help, no bags, no nothing to gold capped. It will be on a lower pop realm with no friends, for proof anyone can become capped with proper gold control. I also am free to help anyone who needs it, I am best reached via ownedcore private messaging system. Thanks for taking the time to read this and I hope I helped out at least a little bit.

Rsnlol's Avatar Active Member CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    5 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very nice guide, looking forward to "From Coppper top Capped" Project. +rep

Cromi38's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am so looking forward to this series. +rep

ketrish's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/13
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    750$ ? assuming 50/100% gold prices you'd get 375-750k per week, that gives => 1,5m to 3m every month, that gives 18m-36m each year & as far i remember - 44m / year was current record

markons's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    2/40
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So not true about inscription. I have 5 inscribers and they are making me about 100k gold each month with 5min invested per day. I would make more but im buying inks....

Evankeliumi's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    2/7
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will follow this thread. Looking forward!

Krack3n's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    231/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very good read, and can't wait to hear more from you!

Cheers

+Rep

KitsuneDef's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the first blog entry read however when I go to my blog I dont see add entry no where anyone know how to fix this?

Moonscarlet's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think maybe this has something to do with you being newly registered.

getitasapolol's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not sure but, I think you have to make a post in a thread and then use the "Blog this Post" function.

Moonscarlet's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol he got banned.

Augury13's Avatar Legendary
    Thanks G/R
    424/74
    Trade Feedback
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Moonscarlet View Post
    lol he got banned.
    ^bump this lol... hmmm.. feel like its saying something..