Thanks G/R
    3/4
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MAC Address Chaning, Tunneling and DNS Geo Location Guide!

Ok, so I'm going to cover off a few things in this guide, so it's going to broken down into parts.

Part 1: Changing your MAC Address.
    Part 2: Using VPN/VPS to hide your IP Address.
    Part 3: Using Proxifier and Putty to hide your IP Address.
    Part 4: Using a DNS service to access specific services outside of your country/

Part 1

Now, I'm mainly a WoW player and bot accounts that I can afford to lose. My main on the other hand I don't want to risk.
    To minimize my potential loss I make my network adapter use a different MAC Address for the bot when I connect to WoW and use my
    default (original) MAC address when I log in with my main.

In terms of achieving this you will need to download this MAC address changer (link below), install it and then run it prior to connecting.
    It's pretty straight forward in terms of operation. You pick a MAC address from the list (use the same one each time if you want to avoid multiple authenticator checks) when you want to bot. When you want to play on your main account just revert it back to the default MAC address.

Technitium MAC Address Changer v6 (FREEWARE)

Part 2

So great, we've changed our MAC address but our IP is still the same! So one thing we can do is use a VPN.
    There is a tonne of VPN's out on the market you can use something like Hotspot Shield, CyberGhost and many others, they all work.

Features of VPN's Include:
    Encrypts all your network traffic data.
    Masks your IP address from ISPs & snoopers.
    Gives you private and anonymous browsing.
    Keeps your identity private.
    Provides Wi-Fi security at hotels, airports, coffee shops, etc.
    Protects you from Malware, as well as Infected, Spamming, and Illegal Phishing sites.
    Virtual Locations in the U.S., U.K., & Australia and the rest of the world!

So you can apply this to more than WoW so have a nice think about that!

Part 3

If you want to be a little more low-key you can purchase a dedicated server or virtual machine and run a tunnel through that.
    It might be a little advanced for many users on this forum but I will direct you to an easy setup link below!
    If you do go down this course you will need a copy of Proxifier and Putty.
    If theres enough interest in this I can elaborate much more so make sure you post!
    How to set up SSH (for the beginner)

Part 4

A little off topinc when it comes to gaming, but if you live outside of the US/UK there are a few services which are only accessible while you are in that country of residence.

NetFlix, Hulu, CBS, ABC, MTV, theWB, CW TV, CracklE, NBC, FOX, TV.com, PBS, Vevo, History, myLifetime, LogoTV, Crunchyroll, DramaFever, Discovery, Spoke, A&E, VH1.

Just to name a few.

Now many people think tunneling is the way to go! It isn't! There are many services which can fake your location by only changing your DNS!
    One of my favourite (and free!) is Tunlr. It will spoof your location to be in either the US or UK for access to those relevant channels.
    You just need to know the DNS addresses which can be found here Tunlr

So ok, we have the DNS addresses but how do we change them? I recommend DNS Jumper (link below)! It's really easy to use and it's again, free!
    Just get the addresses from the link above and then input them into DNS Jumper and Apply (remember to hit the Flush DNS button after).

Close and reopen any applications you wish to use with the new DNS and Voila!

DnsJumper

And that's it guys! Enjoy!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Updated DNS Bypass list

http://www.unotelly.com/unodns/
    http://www.unblock-us.com/
    https://www.blockless.com/
    Last edited by Recoiled; 09-17-2014 at 07:01 PM.

MAC Address Chaning, Tunneling and DNS Geo Location Guide!
    Recoiled's Avatar Active Member Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    3/4
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    156 views and no comments!

Sakatard's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Testing this on my dedicated Bot PC did all settings except for changing the MAC Address due to it being a completely different NIC then my main PC, but overall a very well planned out guide! good to see this kind of contribution in the ownedcore community

Thanks G/R
    3/4
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Sakatard View Post
    Testing this on my dedicated Bot PC did all settings except for changing the MAC Address due to it being a completely different NIC then my main PC, but overall a very well planned out guide! good to see this kind of contribution in the ownedcore community
    Nice! Glad it helped

xRaBBiTx's Avatar Knight-Lieutenant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Recoiled , At one point I tried using Strong VPN Dedicated IP to differentiate the IP of two-three of my bots, because I needed to spread them out so all 6 were not on the same IP address. Those accounts that were played through that VPN service got banned by being detected of using VPN service as it is against WoW ToS for obvious reasons (big botting safety). What would make this hotspot shield any different? Thanks!

Edit: Since it was free I checked out out, I disconnected the service and reconnected, first time my fake IP was San Jose, CA, second time was Chicago. Wouldn't this be clear as day? I mean they detected my DEDICATED IP VPN, wouldnt this lock an account every time you try to HotSpotShield it, due to new IP?
    Last edited by xRaBBiTx; 07-06-2013 at 04:57 PM.

Thanks G/R
    3/4
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hotspot shield wouldn't add the the safety.
    If you're going for multiple bots try to find some specials on cheap VM's and set up SSH tunnels.
    Sometimes you can find VPS specials for around $1-3 per month.
    You could run each bot on a separate virtual machine and then tunnel them through the VPS to mask their IP's. (I wouldn't connect more than 2 bots to an IP if you're farming).
    Last edited by Recoiled; 09-25-2013 at 11:08 PM.

AdamEd's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you, I will try all of these today.
    It is good to see these kind of information here on ownedcore, please keep up the good work and share the knowledge. +rep.

bluesius's Avatar Established Member
    Thanks G/R
    3/6
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dont understand why you put importance into alternating mac adress, as this piece of information is not nor has it ever been recognized as a unique identifier of a network card, it is merely a tool used to route traffic more precisely (as the statistical possibility of two computers having the same MAC within one external IP adress only exceeds 1% if there are more than ~1,020 computers present)

Also, blizzards machine fingerprinting uses information pulled from operating system identifiers, explained in a post some time ago about why windows updates sometimes broke the "default selected account" when logging in. Effectivly what you are doing changes nothing, as you are identified by markers saved to your operating system.

Use a virtual box and most of your concerns (mac included) is masked.

Thanks G/R
    3/4
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by bluesius View Post
    I dont understand why you put importance into alternating mac adress, as this piece of information is not nor has it ever been recognized as a unique identifier of a network card, it is merely a tool used to route traffic more precisely (as the statistical possibility of two computers having the same MAC within one external IP adress only exceeds 1% if there are more than ~1,020 computers present)

Also, blizzards machine fingerprinting uses information pulled from operating system identifiers, explained in a post some time ago about why windows updates sometimes broke the "default selected account" when logging in. Effectivly what you are doing changes nothing, as you are identified by markers saved to your operating system.

Use a virtual box and most of your concerns (mac included) is masked.
    Because changing your MAC Address changes your Hardware ID - you will notice when you do so, it will ask you to enter an authentication code. For all intents and purposes you are connecting from a completely different PC in Blizzards eyes. A hardware ID could be made by stringing multiple pieces of information together eg HDD serial, CPU ID, MAC Address ect.
    In conjuction with using a virtual private server or a paid service to tunnel through you shouldn't get targeted by (IP or HWID) bans if you're a heavy botter (3+ accounts) unless they get stuck gathering or you run them too long.
    --[ Recoiled@OwnedCore ]-- --[ Hope you found my post helpful! ]--

Thanks G/R
    3/6
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But thats what im trying to tell you, hardware id is only ONE of the ways blizzard identifies you. Software ID doesnt change when mac address changes, but it is still used to track you.

Thanks G/R
    3/4
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by bluesius View Post
    But thats what im trying to tell you, hardware id is only ONE of the ways blizzard identifies you. Software ID doesnt change when mac address changes, but it is still used to track you.
    Had a look for the post regarding software id and couldn't find it, did a google search too.
    While not ruling out software id, it very well may be a component, if you do find a way to mask software id's other than creating a VM I would be more than happy for you to add it to this thread.

A few related threads;
    http://www.ownedcore.com/forums/worl...dress-etc.html
    IPs/hardware ID

Thanks G/R
    3/4
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Referenced this in my Off-Topic post, Free | Spotify | Hulu | Xbox Live Gold and updated the DNS bypass list!
    Last edited by Recoiled; 01-19-2014 at 09:40 PM.

Brocksly's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great thread mate! Thanks for sharing this, have been worried for a while to get banned or something but now I know how to avoid it.
    Last edited by Brocksly; 01-20-2014 at 02:32 PM.

Thanks G/R
    3/4
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Brocksly View Post
    Great thread mate! Thanks for sharing this, have been worried for a while to get banned or something but now I know how to avoid it.
    No probs mate
    Glad it helped!

Thanks G/R
    3/6
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Recoiled View Post
    Had a look for the post regarding software id and couldn't find it, did a google search too.
    While not ruling out software id, it very well may be a component, if you do find a way to mask software id's other than creating a VM I would be more than happy for you to add it to this thread.

A few related threads;
    http://www.ownedcore.com/forums/worl...dress-etc.html
    IPs/hardware ID
    Albeit outdated, a security consultant named Bruce Schneier has done a quick writeup on what "Warden" actually is. He wrote this in 2005, a small year after the games inception, but the information presented is still very much valid. You might have heard of this piece of software(warden), it does ToS/EULA QA for blizzard by running periodically.

https://www.schneier.com/blog/archiv...rd_entert.html

The warden dumps all the DLL's using a ToolHelp API call. It reads information from every DLL loaded in the 'world of warcraft' executable process space. No big deal.
    So basically it communicates with the underlaying operating system in order to read DLL's. In this process, the underlaying system identifies itself. Your systems specific ID can be retrieved from CMD (type> systeminfo | find /i "product id:")

Only "solution" would be sandbox/VM probably.
    Last edited by bluesius; 01-24-2014 at 04:38 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast