Safer and More Productive "Hard Core" Botting Part 2: Transferring Of Goods and Gold menu

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    7itanium's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Safer and More Productive "Hard Core" Botting Part 2: Transferring Of Goods and Gold

Here it is folks, what so many of you have been waiting for and asking me about over the last couple of weeks. I am really sorry it took much longer to release than expected, I got really sick for about a week and that, combined with some other IRL issues prevented me from even being online much lately... but I found a bit of time tonight to finish this post and put it up.... I really hope you guys enjoy and it meets up to all the anticipation that has been put into its name.

SAFER AND MORE PRODUCTIVE "Hard Core" BOTTING: Part 2- Transferring Botted Goods and gold.

First off this guide will make a LOT more sense to you if you read part one... so if you get a chance please CLICK HERE TO CHECK OUT PART 1. Part one was basically a guide on my particular method of botting, which is a multi account version. I use 5 accounts personally, but unlike part 1 of the guide which creates a method around using specifically 5 accounts, this guide is going to me more based on just the safe transfer of your botted goods and gold on ANY amount of accounts, not specifically a 5 account method- This, I think; will help a much broader range of people in their botting endeavors.

ENJOY!!

So- We have been botting for a while now and we have gotten all of the basic aspects of the game down to a T, but we still have one main issue left to cover. How do I get all my loot down to my "storage" or "auction" account, without pulling a ban on that account when, and if my main account gets ban hammered?

Well there are a couple of different methods for doing this... some of them are blatantly obvious, some of them are a bit more in-depth. I am going to cover most of them and I will rate each one on its safety and convenience as well.

Method 1: In-Game Mail- Yes, as most of you I am sure are aware there is the basic WoW in-game mail system. You can simply mail all of the botted goods over to your storage or AH account, wait 1 hour, and you’re done! Right? Well... yes and no... You will certainly get your items and/or gold there indeed, but this is probably the WORSE way to transfer botted goods, because if your main account pulls a ban for any reason, that ban is HIGHLY likely to get passed along to your mule account as well. DO NOT USE BASIC IN GAME MAIL TO TRANSFER BOTTED GOODS INTO STORAGE!

Method 2: Face-to-face trading- This method involves logging into both your accounts via dual-boxing, or use of a second computer. Then you can simply use the trade screen to instantly transfer the goods or gold over to the second account. This is also convenient but it is the SECOND WORSE way to transfer goods. It’s probably safer than in-game mail... but if you are trading with the same account frequently it is going to be obvious that both accounts are the same person (not against any rules.... unless one of them happens to be... BOTTING) DONT DO THIS.

Method 3: The Auction House- This method can cost you a small chunk of gold but it definitely one of the safer methods for transferring botted goods between two or more accounts. Simply list your items on the auction house from the "botter" account, and then log into your "storage" account and buy them. I suggest listing them at a normal or higher price that way people don’t snipe you! I also suggest not doing this with a massive amount of items at the same time, as it can throw up flags and cause a ban. That being said, if you list a few stacks of items up per hour and go buy them out on the other account (posted at market price), this is actually a very safe method for getting your items onto your "storage" account.

Method 4: The Auction House with a twist- Here is a different version of the auction house transfer method that I have used in the past. You will need 3 accounts to do it however. Here is how it’s done...

STEP 1: Post 10 or so stacks of items from your botting account on the auction house at market price (as to not get sniped, and not make it obvious what you’re doing)
    STEP 2: Log into a bank alt on a second account, and buyout the auctions you posted.
    STEP 3: Here is the twist... once you have obtained the auction items in the mail. Send them to a THIRD account via in-game mail, or face to face trade.

This method is a tad bit more time consuming, but it adds one more layer of safety to the transfer. What I like to do as well, is make a "temp" toon on account 2 that buys the auctions posted by account 1, then mail the items off to account 3 and immediately delete the "temp" toon after the transfer is complete (make sure to get your gold off of him first though!). Doing all of these steps makes for an almost guaranteed 99.9% Safe transfer, but as stated it is a bit more time consuming especially if you have a LOT of mats to transfer.

Method 5: The guild bank- This is probably my preferred method of transferring botted goods lately. I have heard claims of people getting bans using it before... but I have used it to transfer 300,000g+ worth of mats and gold in the past and I have NEVER gotten my storage account banned as a result of it.

STEP 1: gather all your botted mats and gold that you desire to be transferred on account 1
    STEP 2: Buy a guild charter, get it signed and create a guild then boot everyone out.
    STEP 3: Log into account 2 via dual-box, or a second CPU
    STEP 4: Invite yourself into guild so you now have a character from account 1 and a character from account 2 in the same guild.
    STEP 5: Promote your newly invited character so he has 100% guild withdrawal privileges.
    STEP 6: Dump all of the mats and gold from account 1 into the guild bank
    STEP 7: (optional step) Wait 1+ hours (may not help but I like to think it does a bit)
    STEP 8: Log into account 2 onto the character in the guild
    STEP 9: Withdraw all items and gold that were dumped into the gbank
    STEP 10: This step is also optional but I highly recommend it (also requires the use of a third account though). MAIL, F2F TRADE, or GBANK Transfer the items to a THIRD character on a THIRD account. This adds an extra layer of safety.

From personal experience, I consider this my preferred method of transferring items by far. When step 10 is used this is a nearly 100% flawless transfer method. When step 10 is not used... it is still about 95%.

There are certainly more methods out there but out of the ones currently available I would highly recommend the guild bank transfer (preferably with step 10, but if you don’t have a third account at your disposal it is still a great method). If you are unable or unwilling to use the guild bank transfer method then I would stick with the auction house with a twist transfer. I will continue updating this thread with more in-depth methods throughout the coming weeks, as some of them take time to write up. I really hope this gives all of the people out there that have been waiting patiently for this guide to come out a decent basis for transferring all of their botted goods.

That being said I am going to close the thread with a few important tips about transferring botted mats.

TIP 1: Never under estimate the value of a good solid transfer method. Many people are so tempted to just throw botted items around carelessly and I have seen it happen again and again. People assume that just because all this gold and/or mats are in their possesion that it is theirs to keep. YOU HAVE TO BE JUST AS SAFE AFTER THE BOT AS YOU DO DURING THE BOT. It does absolutely no good to pay for your bot subscription, your accounts, and all the hours of time you put into running the bot if you are going to leave safety at the door as soon as the bot is turned off. Transfer goods safely or risk losing them... as I stated in part 1 many times the account is disposable but the goods are not. The goods are what are important, you can always bot up a new 85 and get him farming again with minimal effort... but replacing a gold-capped character with a guild bank full of endgame mats is a lot harder feat. So treat your storage accounts like gold, take EVERY precaution you possibly can in protecting those valuables.

TIP 2: ALWAYS remember to kick out any remaining members from your guild once the charter step has been completed. I have seen too many people rolling around with random noobs in their storage guild. Even if they don't have any privileges, and can’t steal your goods they still propose a threat simply because they can see everything you are doing. These people will be the most likely to report you! Having members in your storage guilds is NOT necessary, I have never heard of anyone being flagged for having a full guild bank in a guild with only 1 member.

TIP 3: ALWAYS remember to keep more than 1 of your toons in a guild that you are using for storage. It is a good idea to invite a character from account 2 and account 3 both... the reason for this is because if you have a full guild bank and you only have 1 character in the guild and that account happens to get banned.... those items are GONE. BUT, if you have a second character in the guild from a different account you can simply log into the other account and get your items! The only thing lost is the account. This brings me to my next tip...

TIP 4: USE guild bank storage whenever possible. It is a much better idea to have a guild bank at your disposal to store botted goods in than to just store them in the characters personal bank. The reason for this was stated above... you can have MANY accounts which have access to said guild bank, and having those characters in that guild is NOT a security risk in any way. This is a great way to assure that even if you lose an account to the hammer, you aren't losing all the goods and gold you worked so hard for.

TIP 5: Drain your main botting account of botted goods and gold as often as possible. This minimizes the amount of goods being lost in the event of a ban. Profiles which auto-mail to a bank toon are a great way of doing this but keep in mind that whatever character you are using to receive mail is then linked to the botting account and likely to pull a ban if account one gets hammered. For this reason I do NOT recommend having the mail recipient be on one of your storage accounts... it’s better to use a temp alt on another botting account, and log into that character DAILY to remove botted mats and gold in a SAFE manner.

I WILL ADD MORE METHODS AND TIPS TO THIS GUIDE AS I GO. But that should give you a reasonably solid basis on transferring botted goods and gold as safely and productively as possible!

GOOD LUCK AND
    "Happy Botting"

-7itanium

Safer and More Productive "Hard Core" Botting Part 2: Transferring Of Goods and Gold
    alinutz1980's Avatar Corporal
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks man! +Rep

7itanium's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by alinutz1980 View Post
    Thanks man! +Rep

Much appreciated, thanks!

Jebus11's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The long awaited part two!!!! Sweet! Thanks a ton!

They say necessity is the mother of invention, so I kinda made my own xfer method which is kinda like your gbank one, ill explain how i do it, maybe will help someone or something.

i use 3 accounts Main account->xfer account->bot account

Bot account has two characters, bot and bank, bank alt is in <guild A>, so the bot auto mails everything to bank alt, which is placed in Gbank A

my xfer account has two characters, one in <guild A> and one in <guild B>
    character 1 pulls mats from Gbank A and mails them to character 2, which places them in Gbank B

My main account, which has my main and crafter etc
    has alt in <guild B> which takes out mats etc, sends to whoever for crafting....

So, i feel sending in game mail to a character on the same account is safe, and considering the amount of mats im pulling the AH method would be very time consuming.

If you see any flaws titanium(or anyone) please let me know!!

porphyria's Avatar Knight-Lieutenant
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    been waiting for part 2, and it surely delivers! awesome guides.

+rep from me, once again

7itanium's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Jebus11 View Post
    The long awaited part two!!!! Sweet! Thanks a ton!

They say necessity is the mother of invention, so I kinda made my own xfer method which is kinda like your gbank one, ill explain how i do it, maybe will help someone or something.

i use 3 accounts Main account->xfer account->bot account

Bot account has two characters, bot and bank, bank alt is in <guild A>, so the bot auto mails everything to bank alt, which is placed in Gbank A

my xfer account has two characters, one in <guild A> and one in <guild B>
    character 1 pulls mats from Gbank A and mails them to character 2, which places them in Gbank B

My main account, which has my main and crafter etc
    has alt in <guild B> which takes out mats etc, sends to whoever for crafting....

So, i feel sending in game mail to a character on the same account is safe, and considering the amount of mats im pulling the AH method would be very time consuming.

If you see any flaws titanium(or anyone) please let me know!!
    Seems like a solid method to me... thanks for the comments btw

Originally Posted by porphyria View Post
    been waiting for part 2, and it surely delivers! awesome guides.

+rep from me, once again

Thanks mate

Reflection's Avatar Legendary
    Thanks G/R
    1/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't bot, nor will I ever, but this is a really good guide. Well done! +8

Freelance Digital Artist
    https://reflectionartwork.deviantart.com
    You did not desert me
    My brothers in arms

CheeseProphet's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im sorry but afaik this is just "xfer through gbank" and some blabla around it...
    U spent some serious time on it but I can't believe I waited for this.
    Sorry mate

allentcl82's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice guide, though i'm expecting to see how you transfer from a "botting" account to a "gold selling" account, minimising the risk of getting accounts being chain-banned..

Seems like it's just a guild trade, but dont you have specific system? Like Botting account GuildTrade to Auction Acct, Guild Trade to Gold storage acct, guild trade to Gold Selling account, etc...

Not sure whether if i have express myself good enough for you to understand me.. :X

CheeseProphet's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by allentcl82 View Post
    Nice guide, though i'm expecting to see how you transfer from a "botting" account to a "gold selling" account, minimising the risk of getting accounts being chain-banned..

Seems like it's just a guild trade, but dont you have specific system? Like Botting account GuildTrade to Auction Acct, Guild Trade to Gold storage acct, guild trade to Gold Selling account, etc...

Not sure whether if i have express myself good enough for you to understand me.. :X
    His theory (as I understand it)

-Mats off botting acc to vanille through gbank
    -Mail to another vanille
    -Sell mats on this vanille
    -Get $$

dannyh1992's Avatar Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice guide for ppl who botsi have never got in to botting hehe

sw1tc43d's Avatar Corporal
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice guide

I'm mining because thats the only gatherer I have right now...is it worth just selling the ore or should it be prospected for maximum profit even if I can't cut the gems?
    Last edited by sw1tc43d; 03-18-2011 at 03:12 PM.

7itanium's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sorry I havent had time to get back on you guys questions.... I will try and do that later tonight I have been in the hospital

7itanium's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I promise I WILL get to questions.... I just now got out of the hospital and am back home

Baaja's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    4/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome back, I was surprised to see you bump your old thread up, but I understand now. Posting in here wondering what happened to you, just hope all is well and good! I myself have been in the hospital for a long time, so I can relate.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast