Thanks G/R
    0/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guide to the current information about the new legendary.

This thread is a shameless copy from the mmo-champion main page with some of my own research added to it with all the (known) information about the new caster legendary hinted at during 2 seperate blizzcons ''
    ''Are there any plans to add a legendary dps dagger?
    Not really. We don't make legendaries often, so we try to make them useful for a lot more people. We decided on a staff yesterday by the way. ''
    ''Are we going to see another caster legendary weapon that isn't a mace?
    - Metzen: What do you want? What would make you happy?
    - A big stick.
    - Metzen: A Staff, it's coming!''

A few forum threads appeared on the mmo-champion forums (nice work on Datamining the legendary staff!)

Disclaimer
    This is not an official preview, the whole post could just be speculation going wrong. There is definitely a lot of data available and it's definitely enough to assume that this is indeed the legendary staff but unless you hear it from a blue poster, anything I post could be a giant lie.

In any case, nothing is official, nothing is final, this is just data from a test server.

Weapon Model
    The staff has 3 models and we can assume that it will be upgraded through multiple quests/events like Shadowmourne. The upgraded is much more visible than with Shadowmourne and it looks like you will even add parts to your staff at some point.

Click the picture to see all 3 versions of the staff[/center]

Icons
    The staff seems to have a lot of icon, hints of various stages of construction/quest.
    named: INV_Arcane_Orb
    named:INV_Staff_Branch
    named: INV_Stave_2H_FirelandsRaid_D_03_Stage2
    named: INV_Flaming_Splinter
    named: INV_Stave_2H_FirelandsRaid_D_03_Stage1
    named: INV_Stave_2H_FirelandsRaid_D_03

Quests
    A couple of quests added in the patch seems to be related to the staff. Most importantly, it seems that the questline is heavily tied to the Keepers of Time.
    It seems to be that the quest doesn't have any prerequisite to pick up, so any caster class can pick up the quest and do the early parts before needing the Living Embers.
    After the Living Embers have been aquired there will most likely be a couple of gimmicks to The Firelands fights needed to be done and after that something comparable to splinter of the frozen throne will have to be picked up.
    Blizzard seems to be really happy with the way Shadowmourne was collected and seems to be doing that again.
    I personally donot understand the link to the Keepers of Time (or whatever they are calling themselves this time around) seeing as firelands is located in Mount Hyjal so I was personally expecting the faction (if there was to be any faction) to be some sort of spinn-off from the Guardians of Hyjal.

A Legendary Engagement / A Legendary Engagement
    Objective - Speak to Anachronos in the Caverns of Time.
    Description - I expected that I would find you here, <class>. But then, we of the bronze flight have somewhat of an advantage when it comes to such things.

*Coridormi smiles.*

For reasons unknown to me, my master seeks audience with you. I would counsel you not to take this invitation lightly, <name>. Anachronos seldom has cause to interact with mortals. Wisdom would dictate that you seek him out in the Caverns of Time at once.

Speak to me when you are ready and I shall personally deliver you.

A Wrinkle in Time
    Objective - Speak to Anachronos in the Caverns of Time to witness the future of Azeroth.
    Description - Listen carefully, <class>, for though we are only beginning, time already grows short and the consequences of our failure are unfathomable. An event in the recent past has been obscured from my vision by the most powerful of magics. Its impact, however, has not.

If action is not taken to change the course of this timeline's future, the outcome is clear. Brace yourself, mortal, and behold the future of Azeroth.

All-Seeing Eye
    Objective - Collect 25 Living Embers from Firelands and 3 Sands of Time.
    Description - I perceive the questions that burn within your mind and I must confess that I share in your uncertainty... a rare position for one such as I, and a most unsettling one. As I scour time to find traces of this obscured event, you must aid me in the creation of an Eye, both to test your worthiness, and to provide an essential tool in the unraveling of this mystery.

Venture into the Plane of Fire, <class>, and gather Living Embers. Bring them to me with Sands of Time and I will create the Eye.

On a Wing and a Prayer
    Objective - Bring the Timeless Eye to Coldarra.
    Description - Time well spent, mortal.

While you were struggling in the Plane of Fire, my watchers and I were able to determine where and, most importantly, when our vision was obscured. We have discovered that the shroud was placed over the Nexus, far to the north in the realm of the blue dragonflight.

I have attuned the Timeless Eye to show you the occurrences that remain hidden to us here. Go at once to Coldarra and search out a place suitable for the Eye's activation.

Travel well, friend.

The only worthwhile event happening at the nexus in the recent past has been the death of malygos, aspect of magic.
    Considering that same Malygos was involved in the forging of the Demon Soul, that could tie him to the keepers of time and the speculated war of the Ancients CoT raid.
    I could personally see a plot of the Infinite Dragonflight trying to prevent us from slaying Malygos.
    Last edited by soto; 03-03-2011 at 11:21 AM. Reason: edited for clarity and updated links

Guide to the current information about the new legendary.
    horst's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by soto View Post
    This thread is a shameless copy from the mmo-champion main page with some of my own research added to it with all the (known) information about the new caster legendary hinted at during 2 seperate blizzcons ''
    ''Are there any plans to add a legendary dps dagger?
    Not really. We don't make legendaries often, so we try to make them useful for a lot more people. We decided on a staff yesterday by the way. ''
    ''Are we going to see another caster legendary weapon that isn't a mace?
    - Metzen: What do you want? What would make you happy?
    - A big stick.
    - Metzen: A Staff, it's coming!''
    Thats the only thing u added, this thread is absolute nonsense. this forum would explode if we would post every news from mmo-champion here.

lighty1's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How is this a guide, Mr. Copypaster?

soto's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a guide in the sense that it compiled all the info there is onto this site plus some (in my oppinion fairly accurate) speculation on my part.
    I will ofcourse update this if more information becomes avaible

jimmys96's Avatar Legendary
    Thanks G/R
    224/210
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Flamers be flaming and haters be hating... its allowed to copy from mmo-champ and because i havent even visted that place once i think its good to see it posted here... +Rep from me

Arcanejunk's Avatar Master Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kyiz's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why do people continue to post stuff that isn't a guide. This has no information other than copy and pasted info from Mmo-champ. If anything this should be in the General section. I just love it when people try to post stuff for rep, this site is crap.
    Without Purpose, You Cannot Exist.

Jeddy's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dont trust legendarys since my last guild, got realm first lk 25 hc with 0 legendarys because we got 3 and all of them quit when they got them.

Thanks G/R
    0/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Arcanejunk View Post
    that was only the model posted, I also posted a video, tooltips and quest descriptions

Arcanejunk's Avatar Master Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by soto View Post
    that was only the model posted, I also posted a video, tooltips and quest descriptions
    well in the picture its the same picture as my post. i demand credit for it.

Thanks G/R
    0/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Arcanejunk View Post
    well in the picture its the same picture as my post. i demand credit for it.

credit has hereby been given

theonly's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    a re-post is a damn re-post copy and paste is easy -_-

lagzinc's Avatar Sergeant