0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Name change while removing yourself from friends' lists for free

Hey guys, kinda new here on the forums but I ran into a funny problem here that I figured how to fix pretty well. The only downside to this method is that it burns one of your GM recoveries.

The nice thing about name changing this way is that you will be actually removed off friends lists on top of your name being changes. So this can get rid of any pesky stalkers or any players that are trying to blackmail you for botting and so forth.

There are two ways you can do this. The most simple way to do this is, which will probably work fine once is:

1 ) Log in for little while on the character you want to name change.
    2 ) Log out.
    3 ) Create a character with a name similar to the character you want to name change.
    4 ) "Accidentally" delete the character you want to change your name on.
    5 ) Once this is complete, log onto the alt that you just created (with a similar name)
    6 ) Put in a petition to a GM. State that you made an alt to see if a name was available and you wanted to delete him/her because you actually didn't want that name, but instead, you accidentally deleted your main character.
    7 ) In the meantime, have your friend create a new character with the same name as the character you deleted.
    8 ) When the GM finally restores your character, you'll be prompted to change the name at login.

Method 2 is a lot more believable if you are afraid that the GM won't buy your "accidental deletion" but is more difficult to pull off. You also face the possibility of not being able to recover all your stuff. You need to:

1 ) Have a friend connect to the internet using a proxy, preferably one far away from you ( a different continent, such as Asia or Europe, would be smart).
    2 ) Have your friend change your password and log into your wow account.
    3 ) Your friend now needs to "rip" the character that you're trying to get a name change on. Have him vendor extra gear or items in your bank/bags to look like you've been cleaned. Then launder all your money in the AH by purchasing extremely overpriced gray/white items (typically used by scammers to launder gold).
    4 ) After this is complete, your friend needs to queue you to reset the password and login.
    5 ) While you are resetting the password, the friend needs to log off and delete the character. Have him log onto an alt when you finally reset/boot him off.
    6 ) Ticket a GM and let them know you've been hacked and your main has been deleted.
    7 ) While waiting in queue for a ticket, have a friend create a character with the same name as the one previously deleted.
    8 ) When your character is restored, you'll be prompted to name change.

Name change while removing yourself from friends' lists for free
    theblitched's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice find, never thought about that.

but about method 2 I don't think that a gm will restore the gold that you had on a character if you buy stuff from the auction house, because that will ruin the economy.

Retridin's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by theblitched View Post

but about method 2 I don't think that a gm will restore the gold that you had on a character if you buy stuff from the auction house, because that will ruin the economy.
    How can A PERSON ruin the economy OF THE WHOLE server?xD

munccu's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone know if the method 1 works?

Traxex84's Avatar Contributor Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    1/25
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is a few flaws in your logic, 1. You stay on peoples friend and ignore list when you name change a new name just pops up (from experience e.g friends asking who I am after name change) 2. The name is tied to your account for 90 days after being deleted. Also blizzards new anti-theft means anybody that logs in from a country outside of your own will auto-lock the account and you will need to restore via restoration emails you receive.

Virox's Avatar Master Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Method 1 works for sure. My roommate used this about 5 times now, and no problems so far. He also regularely deletes characters and asks them back, did this over 10 times and so far no suspicious gm's. They don't seem to mind if you "accidently" delete characters.

eKqN's Avatar Contributor MMOwned Veteran CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    13/41
    Trade Feedback
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    EDIT : Sorry my bad, in this case, you can just delete your char, then create another char on a friend acc. Restoring the deleted char will ask you to change the name.
    Last edited by eKqN; 01-07-2011 at 01:10 PM.
    Hackhac, contributor && donator.

Hound yO's Avatar Corporal
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by hackhac View Post
    Method 1 fixed for more than 1 year. GM will rename your level 1 toon and restore your char.

Method 2 don't work anymore.

Sorry but this repost of repost of repost of repost DON'T WORK.
    Did you not read? He said similar name not exact name...and the GM is not going to rename someone else's toon, read the full topic before posting.

R11tz0r's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, what can i say, social engineering only works with some people.

The method the OP is talking about may work, if you'r good at social engineering and you don't get a GM that has a better kung-fu than yours...

Many people don't know this since proly +95% of players never read Blizzard Terms of Service, but
    I've successfuly got a free name change after reading ToS, you may be lucky too.
    You may be flaged for a namechange IF your name is in direct violation of ToS.
    One of my alts had "leet" / "Dudespeak" (Rofl"something") name althow in the ToSsays "only applies on Roleplaying server" it is NOT since my alt is in a PVP server and i got a free name change after contacting the GM and saying that i wast reading ToS and found out that my name was violationg ToS.
    You may also get it if you'r name has a slight offensive resemblance in some language, even if its a regional term, you may ask a freind to report you saying that your name is offensive to you in your language.(i've done it it works)

Note that you ONLY get 1 free name change using this method.

You can't believe the things you may get social engineering a GM, but that can't be noted as an exploit nor a guide since you'r not interracting with a machine but with another person, who may fall or not on your talk.

Blizzard ToS Naming Policy
    Blizzard Support

---------- Post added at 05:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:57 PM ----------

Originally Posted by theblitched View Post

yeah he does restore all the gold, and items.

20kilo's Avatar Active Member Money Maker $_$ CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    this method lock the old name for 90 days?
    lemme explain my case, main have a name and an on my alts (old main) i want to use alt name to main but if i name change it lock old name per 90 days and i cant use it on my main...

If i use method 1 in my alt then when my friend delete the lvl 1 toon can i use it to name change my main? ;D

someone can confirm before i try out?

Thanks in advance

eKqN's Avatar Contributor MMOwned Veteran CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    13/41
    Trade Feedback
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by R11tz0r View Post
    Well, what can i say, social engineering only works with some people.

The method the OP is talking about may work, if you'r good at social engineering and you don't get a GM that has a better kung-fu than yours...

Many people don't know this since proly +95% of players never read Blizzard Terms of Service, but
    I've successfuly got a free name change after reading ToS, you may be lucky too.
    You may be flaged for a namechange IF your name is in direct violation of ToS.
    One of my alts had "leet" / "Dudespeak" (Rofl"something") name althow in the ToSsays "only applies on Roleplaying server" it is NOT since my alt is in a PVP server and i got a free name change after contacting the GM and saying that i wast reading ToS and found out that my name was violationg ToS.
    You may also get it if you'r name has a slight offensive resemblance in some language, even if its a regional term, you may ask a freind to report you saying that your name is offensive to you in your language.(i've done it it works)

Note that you ONLY get 1 free name change using this method.

You can't believe the things you may get social engineering a GM, but that can't be noted as an exploit nor a guide since you'r not interracting with a machine but with another person, who may fall or not on your talk.

Blizzard ToS Naming Policy
    Blizzard Support

---------- Post added at 05:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:57 PM ----------

yeah he does restore all the gold, and items.

This is well known trick, dude ^^
    Hackhac, contributor && donator.

Freefall552's Avatar Former Staff
    Thanks G/R
    16/25
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The first method doesn't work, I've tried it and they deleted the char I made.
    Molested myself and got convicted.