0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Cautious Players Guide to Botting

Welcome, this is a guide for all the players who are new to the botting world and actually care about the account they are botting for.

Just a quick heads up before we go any further, alot of the thing posted in here are my views, and others still are simply speculation. If you have any questions on the things posted please post below and I will reply as soon as I can.

Table of Contents:
    I. The Basics, Noob Style
    II. Botting Types and Styles
    III. Choosing your Bot
    IV. Getting Started
    V. Warden, Scary ****
    VI. Myths and Facts
    VII. Getting Unbanned
    VIII. Conclusion

The Basics, Noob Style

I would assume that for the majority of those reading this know alot about botting, so if that is the case skip over to section II. For the rest of you, sit tight and dont get intimidated.

Botting in WoW is basicly getting the machine to play the game for you, however as most of you know this is against Blizzards ToS. Which is why if you are like me and actually care about your account, you need to keep safe if you want to enjoy a healthy botting experiance.

Basicly botting comes down to how much you enjoy grinding in the game. If you enjoy killing mob after mob for the fact of how good it feels to know you acomplished something on your own, botting is probably not for you. However if you are like me and feel that it is a waste of time, botting can really change your experiance of the game in a good way forever.

First things first. You have to asses the risks that are involved in this line of entertainment. There are also a couple of requirements before you move on.

Risks:

- There is always the chance you will get banned, you have to be willing to accept that no matter how hard you try there is a 0.0000001% chance you will be banned.

- Botting will cost you. No matter what people tell you if you want to be safe, you need to pay. Sure you can get the free bots, but you wont get the same service and even if they dont get detected by Warden (Anti-Cheat software Blizzard uses; We will talk about this later on), they always tend to look more "Bottish" then a bot that was developed with customer service in mind.

- Botting takes time to understand fully and to get set up, be prepared to spend a couple days learning everything you need.

Requirements:

- Online payment system and money. You dont always need Dadies credit card but it cirtainly helps.

- Computer know how. This guide is geared toward Windows, however if you have a Mac I will be as helpful as possible however do not know much about it.

- Enough patience to learn what you are doing.

If you feel you accept the risks and have obtained the requirements you are ready to roll on to section II. If not please leave the thread now.

Botting Types and Styles

Congratulations, you have made it far enough and I have peaked your interest. Now onto the different types and styles of botting.

Basicly there are three main catagories in botting:

High Risk / High Reward

Medium Risk / Medium Reward

Low Risk / Low Reward

There are many different bots that fall into each of the catagories, however because this is a guide based on the "Cautious Players" we will be focusing on Low Risk / Low Reward. Now you might be saying, "But Captin, im more like a gambling man, I want those sweet stakes." However in the long run following my guide will pay off.

When I say Low Risk / Low Reward I dont mean that you will be getting less rewards then if you were to pick the High risk route. I simply mean that you wont accumulate them as fast. To help illistrate what I mean by all this here is what you are looking at:

High Risk / High Reward

Basicly any bot that involves harcore cheats. Things like fly hacks, speed hacks, teleporting. These bots are commonly used on hacked accounts to accumulate fast gold with little to no disregaurd for the accounts saftey. These are not recomended what so ever. These programs always use injection based software which is detectable by Blizzard, not at the time but eventually.

Medium Risk / Medium Reward

These are much safer then a High Risk program, and are mostly not detected by Blizzard however there is a good chance that at one time or anouther the bot will get hit by a ban wave. These programs tend to use Injection based code, but not to an extent where it will get detected easily.

Low Risk / Low reward

Safest of all bots, these only use memory reading which at the moment cannot be detected by Warden by any means. Meaning the only way you can get banned is through player reports, and with smart botting the chances of you getting banned are close to those of getting hit by lightning.

In this guide we will mostly be talking about the Low Risk / Low reward style of botting. If you do not want this please leave the thread now, if this is your style of playing please move on to section III.

Choosing your Bot

The world of botting holds many opportunities for you to choose where you want to go. As stated in the above section we will be focusing on the low risk style of botting. There are a couple of really great bots out there that a classified as Low Risk however, I would recommend Pirox Bots.

The very first thing you want to do is decide what you are going to be botting for. Gold? Leveling? Grinding? It all comes down to figuring out which bot suits your needs.

Pirox Bots: For $25 you get the bot for a year, and oh what a bot it is, easily one of the best bots to date.

*More bots coming in time*

I will leave the majority of the choice up to you. Do your research, find the style you like, and figure out how to set it up. Read a lot of reviews that are not posted on the site, that way you can get both sides of the argument.

Tip: Never trust when people say they got banned because of a bot, if it is a Low Risk bot, they got banned because of a player report and often times are close to a “retarted” standard. If you set up your bot properly and follow some easy to use tips you can avoid most of the troubles you will face.

Getting Started

So you have a chosen what bot you are going to be using and you know how your bot works and you know it is worth the money you are pumping into it.

Setting up:

Gold Farming:

This is a higher risk then most other things, depending on what you do to farm gold. The best thing I can recommend is try to find a profile for your bot that switches places every couple of hours. A dead giveaway that you are botting is that you stay in the same place for to long. A far to common mistake that results in a lot of bans.

Leveling:

You really have to chose your road wisely on this one. There is Battleground leveling which some say is safer because you disguise with everyone. And there is straight up mob grinding, both have their ups and downs and I will talk about this a little later on.

Honor Farming:

These need to be highly customized and you are going to be around people a lot, you need to be confident that your bot will not screw up. A lot of testing and sitting watching your bot is in order if you want to do this safely. People are already catching onto what botting looks like in a battle ground and its only a matter of time before people learn what is and isn’t botting.

I wont write a specific guide for how to set up your bot because those can be found on your botting websites and would seem stupid to post again here.

Warden: Scary ****

Warden for most people is a very scary prospect. A mysterious program that not much is know about. Because of its immense secrecy and delayed banning system, people are often intimidated and it is a very effective tool because of this.

Warden is the current Anti-Cheat software of choice for Blizzard. It is a mostly unknown program that detects cheats and bans them through a delayed system. A popular method to catch all cheaters before alerting them that it is detected.

Staying Safe:

Warden, although a very mysterious program can also be exploited and in the end is not a very effective one. I will provide links to different sites that can explain a little more about the program but following my three step guide can basicly garuntee your safety while botting.

1.) If you don’t want to get banned by Warden, don’t use an Injection Cheat. Injection cheats are cheats that inject a .dll file into WoW to change certain things withing the system files. Allowing for things like fly hacks, or allowing the bot to collect all kinds of secret information.

2.) Keep up to date with your bots updates. Don’t ever fall to far behind.

3.) Always check Kynox’s blog and see if Warden has been updated.

Tip: Warden can update at ANY time. Not just during patches or after a hotfix.
    Following these tips you should never get banned by warden unless a freak banwave happens.

Basicly to stay safe use Memory Reading Cheats. They do not at all change any system files or inject any .dll files in any way. At the current date and I would assume for a long time in the future Warden will not scan for memory reading only cheats. The only way they can catch them is by scanning the name of all your window titles like Gathererbot.exe or scanning actuall window titles like Gatherer Bot.

Tip: Be sure to figure out how to rename the window of your bot if it does not already come with that action.

Common Myths, Fact or Fiction?

Myth: Warden updates after every patch
    Fact: This is false, Warden can update at any time

Myth: Warden uses CRC checks when doing a banwave
    Fact: False Warden uses many different detection methods

Myth: Running wow in guest mode blocks Warden
    Fact: This does nothing, Warden still gets the privliges it needs to scan

Myth: Blizzard doesn’t know I made a clientless bot to disable Warden.
    Fact: Warden will ping you and if warden doesn’t reply back, they know.

Myth: Sending keys while my wow window isn’t active will get me banned
    Fact: No, duel boxers prove that even though the window is not active they can still send keystrokes to all of their players.

Tips: Getting unbanned.

If you ever happen to get banned there are three rules you have to follow to maximize your chances to get unbanned.

1.) NEVER EVER admit to what you have done. Never say you are sorry blah blah, once you admit to it there is no going back. They will simply say that you have confirmed what they said to you and tell you to **** off.

2.) Always act retarted. I cannot confirm this, however a lot of people have told me that acting handicapped when writing your appeal will help increase your chances. For example: i didnt do this. i dont know how to hack. why are you guys doing this??!?!?!?!?

3.) Never send more then one appeal, they just end up auto blocking you from their list.

Conclusions, You Survived Wall of Text

This guide is a work in progress and I will update it for a while, I have reserved the posts below just in case I need more space.

If anyone thinks I missed something please tell me I will add it if it is reliable, and if I have gotten something wrong please correct me. I will credit you at the bottom of my post.

Extra player tips:
    Originally Posted by Trollblod View Post
    Myself I tend to change my IP so if I in any case get banned (haven't happend yet) I guess I'm pretty guaranteed to get my account back as the IP isn't the same.
    This is a good strategy however is unconfirmed, use at your own risk and I would suggest an IP not from around your area (all speculation though)

Originally Posted by NatroNx View Post
    thanks for the info +rep

but another question.. The only "bot" I'm using is a simple mouse clicker which clicks a macro to craft/disenchant items.. this sometimes takes an hour or even longer. I always try to be not afk when doing this. How big is the chance beeing banned when using a simple mouse clicker?
    No you can never be detected for simple auto clickers and such, they only use simple windows commands and do not effect wow. It is however recomended you somehow change the window title, from something like gmouse to msn.

Credits:
    Pirox bots: http://www.piroxbots.com
    Kynox Blog : Dribble
    Cyphers Blog: http://blog.cypherjb.com/

+ Anything I might have forgotten :wave:
    Last edited by Captin_55; 11-13-2009 at 08:13 PM.
    Check out Gold making tips, garunteed to make you huge profits in your first week:

The Cautious Players Guide to Botting
    Captin_55's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reserved for future use
    Check out Gold making tips, garunteed to make you huge profits in your first week:

cloud070's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    alot of things i didnt know thanks for the info

xholyrelicx's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice guide

NatroNx's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks for the info +rep

but another question.. The only "bot" I'm using is a simple mouse clicker which clicks a macro to craft/disenchant items.. this sometimes takes an hour or even longer. I always try to be not afk when doing this. How big is the chance beeing banned when using a simple mouse clicker?

Remus's Avatar Banned

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The chance is non-existent at this time and considering warden's previous changes... probably never will be detected-bannable

Trollblod's Avatar Elite drone
    Thanks G/R
    2/7
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is pretty handsome guide really, any chance you could review GatherBuddy? Myself I tend to change my IP so if I in any case get banned (haven't happend yet) I guess I'm pretty guaranteed to get my account back as the IP isn't the same.

Jonneponken's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very nice guide!

t1mPan's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is one of the best guide evah lol :P ill be using this in 2 month when im gonna buy some bot for my trip to africa lol, rep+
    CAPS LOCK IS THE BEST CC EVA!

huurka's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd suggest MMOTotus as a free gathering bot.

MMOTotus - Harvesting bot for World of Warcraft

Evilbuffy's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can see you have put a lot of effort into this guide, and actually you came up with a lot I didn't know before I read this guide, like some of the "Myth's and fact's about Warden".
    Although I want to add that if you want to bot, and still don't want to lose your high level character, an oppertunity would be to have a 2nd account with only a 75+ char you really don't care about.

+Rep from me!

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Trollblod View Post
    This is pretty handsome guide really, any chance you could review GatherBuddy? Myself I tend to change my IP so if I in any case get banned (haven't happend yet) I guess I'm pretty guaranteed to get my account back as the IP isn't the same.
    Great stratagy, I will add this in the guide. Be warned though, using a different IP wont save you if it is in the same area as you. And if you do use an IP that is far enough away, you have the chance to get banned.

I know this because I used to use an IP that was from around the same area as me and when my account got banned I complained to say that it was stolen, however because it was around my area they thought I had just played on a friends computer blah blah blah.

This is unconfirmed but I will post it on the guide.

Penguinsquad's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Woah! that was long but not in a bad way, i actually enjoyed reading this, myself im new to botting i manly just use botts for fishing i put to much time into my character to risk losing it for some gold. However i was thinking of using another account, bott it to 80 and bott it to grind and you sir may have saved me alot of trouble, thank you +Rep

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the support, im checking out other bots right now, will post the review soon.

gippy's Avatar Elite User
    Thanks G/R
    293/139
    Trade Feedback
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reading this has made me extra paranoid.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast