Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Playing the Auction House (Approved for Casuals!)

This is a compilation of some tips that I use that will allow you to make loads of money by spending just an hour a day in the Auction house. This guide is semi incomplete, and will never be fully completed. But I will add more useful tips as I encounter them.
    You will need Auctioneer and my addon Easy Mass Cancel (EMC is not necessary, but it makes canceling and relisting loads of auctions much easier and I felt like shamelessly advertising it )
    Disclaimer: As with all Auction House/Gold making tips, these are 100% server and faction dependent. That being said, I don't expect your server to be that much different than mine.

1. Faction Specific Pets: These are a gold mine. Sell Alliance pets on the Horde AH and vice-versa. If you don't have an opposing faction alt and a friend to help transfer goods cross faction, then what you can do is visit the nearest Goblin auction house and buy all the opposite factions pets that are less than 10g. On my server there is a seller that regularly sells cats for >5g. You can easily flip these and sell them for 35-50g (700-1000% profit!)
    2. Fish: Glacial Salmon, Musselback Sculpin, Nettlefish and Deviate Fish are great money makers and can be easily fished up using MrFishIt. These can go from 25-50g a stack and have very low deposit (about 1s). There are plenty of fishing spots on this site, a quick search yield lots of results. Best days to sell the fish are Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday (or whatever days people raid the most on your server) for obvious reasons.
    3. Low Level Enchanting Mats, Herbs, Ore and Gems: Buying out all the low level enchanting mats, herbs, ore and gems (mats used for 350 and lower) that Auctioneer shows as being under 100% and relisting them at 1c less per stack than the Average will yield some nice profits. Avoid the "small shards" (Small Glimmering Shard, Small Glowing Shard, Small Radiant Shard, Small Brilliant Shard. Small Prismatic Shard) as I have not had much luck being able to flip them for a profit. Dusts and Essences are your best bets. If it's more profitable you can smelt the ore into bars and resell or prospect the ore and sell the gems.
    4. Auctioneer Search Feature: I will expand on this section later, I can't take screen shots or anything atm as my server is down for another few hours. Here's a decent guide on using Auctioneer and the "Search" feature.
    5. Cloth: Buying up and reselling all Wool Cloth, Mageweave Cloth, and Runecloth. You can easily sell these for 15-20g a stack (if not more) so if you find stacks of the cloth for >7g. I have not had much luck with Linen Cloth, but you might.
    6. Epic Level 80 Recipes: Look through the recipes on the AH and find Ulduar, ToC, and even ICC recipes that are being listed on the AH for way less than they're worth. If you can find a recipe that is >150g you can most likely sell it for 500g+. It may seem like a gamble, but it's totally worth it in the end.
    7. Epic Gear: Essentially the same as Tip 6, except you're looking for Crafted gear from the recipes found in Tip 6 and BoE's that drop in Ulduar, ToC and ICC that are way underpriced. Stay away from World drops and BoE's from Naxx and OS, the reason being is this gear is inferior to the newer gear and is not in as much of a demand.
    8. Neutral Ninja: This tip is somewhat controversial and will end up with some people extremely pi$$ed off at you. You can camp the neutral AH in hopes of finding high price items that someone is trying to send cross faction. If you're quick enough you can get awesome deals.I got 4 Solid Majestic Zircon the other day for just 4c, followed by an angry whisper demanding that I return them! Needless to say I sold them for 98g a pop! In my experiences, the best times to do this are right before your server's "Raid Times" and in the dead times early in the morning.
    9. Troll Trade Chat: This is not trolling in the usual sense, but instead spamming trade for items that you want for less than the auction house. For instance "WTB Frozen Orbs in bulk. 14g each". You can set the price you want and you will more then likely get some hits. Obviously sell these on the AH once you receive them. This works for just about anything, especially Primordial Saronite, Crusader Orbs, Frozen Orbs, Ore, Herbs and even gear! If you get really good deals on Frozen Orbs, you can trade them in for Eternal Fires (or whatever Eternal is going for the most on your server) and Crusader Orbs to maximize your profit margin!
    10. Iceblade Arrows: Buy out atleast 5 stacks of Iceblade Arrows. Now resell those stacks in stacks of 100 at 1c under the lowest stack of 1000. The reason being is 5 stacks of 1000 = 50 stacks of 100 (DUH!) and the most the auction house shows is 50 items per page, guaranteeing that you will be on the first page giving buyers the false impression that they're getting a good deal. It also helps that due to a UI bug a stack of 1000 shows as "100" so people can't tell the difference unless they use Auctioneer or something similar. I have made over 5k in 3-4 weeks just in Iceblade sales!

Some people have had luck doing the same technique using Shattered Rounds, but unfortunately I have not. This is a scam yes, but you cannot be banned for it..
    That's it for right now until maintenance is done. I hope these help people out
    Once the servers are back up I will add more.

"I am just absolutely convinced that the best formula for giving us peace and preserving the American way of life is freedom, limited government, and minding our own business overseas." - Ron Paul

Playing the Auction House (Approved for Casuals!)
    KuRIoS's Avatar Admin
    Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    351/297
    Trade Feedback
    9 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    why is it so hard to read stickies
    /closed