0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Save 5k Gold by aquiring a 310% mount until Cata hits

Well, this is in fact no real guide. If this belongs in another forum than maybe some mod can move this thread.

A lot of people are currently posting guides like "buy item a in auction house, use profession b to create item c and resell it on AH or at a vendor" for 1-10g profit. To earn 5.000 gold doing this you actually will need several hours of work. But how about using this time to save 5.000 gold and also getting a mount?

Many of you guys will be well informed about the upcoming changes when cata will be released. One of the last news that I read was: "The new 310% Speed Flying Mount skill costs 5000 gold to train. People who already own a 310% flying mount get it for free."

This means, that everyone not owning a 310% mount will have to spend 5.000 Gold to get Master Riding to be able to fly 310% mounts. Owners of such a mount will get this for free.

Lets have a look at the accessible mounts:

- Ashes of Al'ar - drops at Kaelthas in The Eye
    - Onyxian Drake - drops at Onyxias Lair 10 and 25
    - Invincible's Reins - Lich King Heroic 25
    - Mimiron's Head - Yogg Saron Alone in the Dark 25
    - Violet Proto Drake - What A Long, Strange Trip It's Been
    - Rusted Proto Drake - Glory of the Ulduar Raider 10
    - Ironbound Proto-Drake - Glory of the Ulduar Raider 25
    - Bloodbathed Frostbrood Vanquisher - Glory of the Icecrown Raider 10
    - Icebound Frostbrood Vanquisher - Glory of the Icecrown Raider 25
    - The next Arena Season Drake

The easiest Mount to get will be the GotUR 10 drake. Equipped with ICC gear this can be accomplished by a random group. I assume that there will be a guide for GotUR here. I am currently working on the GotIR achievement.

Maybe this helps someone. I just thought that you guys should be aware of this fact.

Edit: Please note that this is an information from Beta. This can change until the release of Cataclysm.
    Last edited by Agapyr; 08-16-2010 at 09:35 AM.

Save 5k Gold by aquiring a 310% mount until Cata hits
    agaszo's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    GotUR depends on if you can get people in the group that have the awareness to do yogg+1. otherwise your better off getting the violet proto

ohmaigawd's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Too bad I missed valentines event for violet drake Imo paying 5k gold for 30% mount speed increase isnt worth it

~OhMaiGawdGFX on deviantART

topalsinek's Avatar Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i cant say anything about cata but for wotlk epic flying mounth useless.After 3. alt char you can easly notice that you are not flying too much.(if you are not a farmer).Random dungeons with queue , nearly all important raids near dalaran etc. it was waste of my gold for my alt chars.

Violet Proto Drake is easiest one if you not missed achivments.And i think Ashes of Al'ar is the hardest one thats why coolest one(actually ashes of alar ****s up your screen with tail animation).

Agapyr's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You are right in saying that the violet proto drake is in fact the easiest mount. But if you missed one of the achievements you have to wait 12 months to try again.

Ashes of Al'ar, Onyxia ar random drops with quite low drop rates. Invicible requires a LK hero Kill. Mimiron's Head drops when you do Yogg+0 which is, even with ICC gear, not that easy and you have to roll against 24 other raid members.

Therefore I would say the Ulduar achievement will be the one to go for. All you need are 9 other people who are able to move their asses and 1 or 2 who are able to explain the tactics. Maybe only at Mimi and Yogg, the rest is just outDPSing the Encounter.

Originally Posted by topalsinek View Post
    i cant say anything about cata but for wotlk epic flying mounth useless.After 3. alt char you can easly notice that you are not flying too much.(if you are not a farmer).Random dungeons with queue , nearly all important raids near dalaran etc. it was waste of my gold for my alt chars.
    This is correct for Northrend. But you have to keep in mind that Cataclaysm will take you back to Azeroth. The DF will remain and you will also be able to summon people to your raids. But the raids will be spread all over the two old continents where flying mounts can be used.

Nobody can force you to buy these 30% for 5.000 Gold, but I just thought that this could be some useful information for some people. I know several guys who always try to get the maximum, no matter if it is necessary or even useful.