Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

..:: Boost Leveling 1-60 [RAF] ::..

Hi out there.

I've played World of Warcraft for a couple of years, and I decided leveling a Warlock toon up the other day. Like many others, I'm sick of the leveling zone 1-60, so I decided to try something new.
    One of my freinds had just entered a RAF link with his brother, so I would like them try boosting my character all the way up to lvl 60. You would probably all laugh at me, because I ended up using 3x of time compared to them; but it was faster than questing though.
    You'll find a hell lot of these guides by just googling, and I disagree with this and that ind the main part of them. Therefore I decided making my own guide. I really hope it helps someone!

So. First of I recommend leveling your character up to 10 (if you’re Horde you could just start boosting in Ragefire Chasm) before beginning the actual boost. Another thing to carry in mind, is that you boost for experience, making it stupid going for loots, as your goal is level 60, making all the gear useless anyway.
    Some people may think it’s a good way earning money, to loot all the blue stuff and then disenchant it, and maybe they’re right. But it’s hell time consuming to.
    Last thing I’ll share with you, is this link to wowwiki, as I myself found it very usefull. Also, I've made a link to wowwiki now and then, if I myself did find something usefull at the site.

Instances by level

Ragefire Chasm
    Ragefire Chasm (8-10)
    This instance isn’t really the instance I prefer boosting in, as the mobs stun you, which shouldn’t be possible with their low level. But on the other hand, you could just pass this instance, keeping in mind it’s only two levels, and all the alliances probably would do the same.

So, for the first real instance, I would recommend the faction to decide which instance you pick.

Deadmines
    The Deamines (10-20)
    I would, as you all probably have guessed, recommend the Alliance players to enter this instance, as it’s the one closest to the Alliance.

Shadowfang Keep
    Shadowfang Keep (10-20)
    Again this isn’t one of the tips you all probably would’ve known. But again, do what you want these first 20 levels, and then I’ll begin coming with some usefull information.
    I don’t really like these first twenty levels, as it’s hard choosing an instance to boost in.
    So if you have somewhere else to go, just do it. I’ll on the other hand recommend you staying the same place for a good time. It’s time consuming INDED moving from one instance to another.

So. Now you hitted level 20, and expect a miracle of leveling to appear. Well, I won’t give you a miracle, but it’s close to.

Scarlet Monastery
    The Scarlet Monastery: Cathedral 20 -35
    This instance is the second best instance I’ve boosted in making my way to level 60. It’s short, and the mobs are well packed. For the boosting route, I did this in two runs. The first run I took all the mobs stading outside. The second pull I ran in and touched the boss, and the AOE’ed the lot.
    As some of you boosters probably know, Blizzard doesn’t allow entering more than 5 instances in an hour. This is a hell when a Cathedral boost takes an average of 8 minutes or so, and your average instance should take 12,5 min. Therefore, I recommend doing Cathedral 3 times, where you reset after every run. Afterwards you take Cathedral one time, enter Library once and then reset. Your allowed to enter all the instances you want, but you may only push enter the same instance 5 times an hour.
    To make a understanding of the experience you get, I was around the 100k an hour with leveling shoulders and chest. So assuming you’re not using leveling gear combined with RAF, you would gain 2,5 as much experience 250K.

Zul'Farrak
    Zul’Farak 35-45 /
    This is probably my favorite instance, if I’m downing it with just lowlevels; but also when boosting it’s great, though I’ll rank it the third best instance I where boosted in on my way to 60.
    At first when I where boosting this instance, I did a clean run, killing everything in this instance. After a couple of times, I found out the biggest part of experience you can gain, is at the third boss Witch Doctor Zum'rah, where you’ll find all these graves, or what you’d like to call them.
    When I boosted myself lending a friends account, I ran over and clicked them all, finishing off AOE’ing them at last. This is the part of the instance giving the most xp, as I earned about 10k for this short pull without RAF.
    If you reset after doing the 10k experience pull, or go further doesn’t really matter. A thing to carry in mind though, is that Sergeant Bly's party makes you wait 2 min if you wait for all the monsters to respawn. I’m not sure, but the experience gained for killing those mobs where about 2k, so I preferred skipping the wait time.

Scholomance
    Scholomance 45-60 /
    When I where leveling these last levels before entering Outlands, I were running between Blackrock Deeps and Stratholme. To make myself clear, I’ll point out this instance is far the best instance EVER, when boosting. You’re able to place the boosted characters in the entrance of the instance, where they are able to gain experience for the part of the instance I where killing over and over again.
    For the part of the instance I did before reseting it, I did all the way through the summoning champer to a room with a loot of dragons. There is a boss just under that room, but it dosn't really give as much experience. I did that boss to give him some diseases and gain some health if I was low; otherwise, I just skipped him and ran out. A sad thing with this instance, is I used about 11 min a rund, giving me a little wait time every hour.
    These levels are normally them I remember on taking hell lot of time. Again these levels take more time than the Zul'Farak levels, but keeping in mind your level, I was gratefull leveling this way without RAF. I made about 200k experience an hour, finishing a level on about 40-50 min.
    For Hellfire Ramparts, I didn't go there myself. You could head over to the instance at level 55, but it whould involve a lot of problems, as the portal to blasted lands isn't allowed before level 58, and the portal to Outlands also isn't allowed. So you should be summoned to Hellfire Ramparts somehow. I didn't do this, so I don't know if it's a good instance boosting in, let me know if you try .
    Also waiting for level 58 and traveling to Outlands, just to get boosted in two levels didn't sound good for me. I would prefer just doing the last levels at Scholomance.

Hope you liked it all!

Just as I was thinking I'm the only one having this idear, a person posts a guide like this a couple of days before me. Well, summing up it's about the time I used on this guide^^
    Go check it out, maybe he has something I missed!
    http://www.mmowned.com/forums/world-...cter-fast.html
    Last edited by Mutatio; 07-27-2010 at 06:56 AM. Reason: Had some problems with layout. + Spelling

..:: Boost Leveling 1-60 [RAF] ::..
    Sreimund's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am pretty confident that you can't enter some of those instances at the lowest levels you're describing yet, to further elaborate my point wowhead for example, says that you require to be 16 to enter shadowfang keep, I believe this applies to a number of the instances you mention.

Also experience gain is pretty lousy for instances way above your level, this does not improve a great deal with RaF so however I can see you've spent some time writing your guide you haven't really properly done your research.

Mike3667's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Above poster is dumb, nuff said. I'm sure we've seen enough of these RaF guides though, they're all the same.

ramble's Avatar Knight-Lieutenant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Sreimund View Post
    I am pretty confident that you can't enter some of those instances at the lowest levels you're describing yet, to further elaborate my point wowhead for example, says that you require to be 16 to enter shadowfang keep, I believe this applies to a number of the instances you mention.

Also experience gain is pretty lousy for instances way above your level, this does not improve a great deal with RaF so however I can see you've spent some time writing your guide you haven't really properly done your research.
    '

-.-

its level 10+

BlodyWarior's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    5/7
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    that is the recommended minimum level to be able to perform well in there. The minimum level you are able to enter that instance is 10

thats why its boosting. meaning pulling the whole instance in 1 go and aoe that down, preferably done by an well geared 80 depending on instance, and get the instance done with in 5min. For example you get about 1.5~2 levels a run in Scarlet monastary cathedral wich can be easily done in under 5min. Meaning you get 7.5~10 levels an hour granted youre beein boosted by an high level and hitting the 5/hour instance cap.

on a side note there is a page on wowwiki with the levels recommended for each dungeon and the bare minimum level required:
    Instances by level - WoWWiki - Your guide to the World of Warcraft

Hunterplay's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This seems like a decent guide. Nice to see someone trying to contribute even if some of the content has already been posted. + REP
    Former News Team Member

robthethrob's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Uhhh... can enter RFC @ 8. Plenty of research.

Instances by level - WoWWiki - Your guide to the World of Warcraft

Mutatio's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for all the posts.

For Sreimound, I'm sorry if I made some mistakes, and I'm just glad if you could help me fix some of them. But you're allowed entering Shadowfang Keep at level 10 as Wowwiki says (Shadowfang Keep (SFK) 10 (18-23)). Please write a certain mistake I made, so I can make the guide better.
    Also you write the experience gain is lousy. Well, my experience is it wasn't, but if you gain better experience another way, feel free to write. And the RaF improves as much to anything you do, 3x more experience all the way.

To Mike3667. I'm sorry I made another guide to this; it's my first guide, and I forgot checking the forums for other guides with this. I found out just before posting the guide, and then I felt like doing it anyway. I hope I gain your understandings.

Thanks to Hunterplay and Robthethrob all other posters. I hope it helped you alot

- Mutatio