Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How to NOT suck as a fury warrior(wotlk edition)

I dont expect smth like rep from this post, i wont be a deatailed cookie cutter guide how to perform best in high end raudes, just a guide for newbies or gimps how to not suck dps and movment wise.

1 step: Look at you action bars, often people have some skills twice in their bars, that gimps your selecting speed because it kills place.

2 step: When you have everthing arranged and clean put keybinds on everything, i mean everything, as a starter first keybindyour main rotation(i ll talk about that later) and your most important trinkets and your smaller cooldowns (1-5 minutes).
    Keybind the two white hit overlaying attacks, to a really easy accesible key. I have keybinded f to heroic strike and middle mouseklick to cleave. If you wanna bind whirlwind or bt to middle click go shift f for cleave. If you managed binding everything right (klicking is gimps only). Roceed to.

3 step:Test your bindings and your movement skills on a dummie until you can do your rotation with eyes closed. While doing that strive around the target using wasd and right klick hold. The best thing here is a mouse with a least 3 buttons plus wheel klick, so that you can bind 4 abilities plus shift and the keys. That makes 8 keys with these all main skills should be covered and you can move and strive freely while using them. Then proceed to the next step.

4 step: Check your gear: Warriors need soft hitcap , expertise cap, and tons of str=ap and crit. the main rules are:

1. get around 300 hit (it has hit softcap with some extra hit for rage generation) getting hit on 400 gives you a smooth rage gen and wont gimp your other stats, dont ever go over 450 cos at that point hit is really bad. The real softcap is on 8.23 ish dont ever go below that, missing specials makes fury senseless. Which leats us to.

2.Get the whole expertise cap, i mean diont exchange a helmet with 100 hit 100 ap and 60 crit plus meta for something with 80 expertise rating, but before the cap expertise kills pretty much every other stat because not get any specials parried or dodged is really awesome(can get a slam of these). then...

3.Go for around 33.33% crit raid buffed, this is really important because you wanna have a flurry uptime of around 90%. it will never be 100% but 60% will gimp your dps massively.

4. If you reached these gratz , now you can go for str and crit alle the way, these two stats are the awesomness right now and that will never change, crit an str will never be bad doesnt matter how much you stack. (crit obviously until 100% xD but tthat will most likely not happen.)

5 step. get recount and check your performance in raids and heroics, If you do good or mediocre test a little bit more, if you do bad check the above steps again.

6. A little extra:Things you wanna do to make raiding more fluffy:

Always pump yourself with some bufffood and some flasks.
    Always read strats or watch em on youtube before incing a boss this will make the other raid members not shout at you all the time.
    use the new and awesome movement skills you have now, run around the deadly red circles on the sartharion add, avoide the icestorm on saphirron and dont get flamewalled at sartharion.

So i hope i could help some of you even if this is all basics, i just hate to raid or being in a heroic grp with bad furys, the put shame on our class, perhaps one of them will read this and proceed from step to step until he is a least semi pro.
    Sorry for my bad language , tipping mistakes and grammar my first language is german, and even if everybody hates us because we started some wars, we dont know how to speak a language perfectly.

Will overlook this again tomorrow and check spellings etc again, i am just to sleepy for that now.

Have Fun enjoy this community and this awesome game which offers easy content for everybody. xD, You get what i did there.

@ferag and @vixxi
    Yes wixi you are right i mean that people shouldnt be lokking at their rotation keybinds all the time, you should learn your cds and rotation.

EXPERTISE CAP IS REALLY IMPORTANT: its 18 expertise (not rating but expertise) with talented plus 2%. If you reach cap without the talent go fpr imp exxecute.

Ferag i mentionned till 400 its still good , it makes your rage gen smoother but all other stats are better (not including armor pen and haste those two suck and are merely a bonus.

Putting expertise before soft hitcap is sorry ferag really not right, because you have to first hit with your specials after that you can make shure it doesnt get parried or dogded. No need in having expertise cap but missing your styles.

attack rotation IS :

not a real rotation with ww glyph but a preferation rotation:
    ww>bt>slam if slam is on use it if ww is on use it and if bt is on use it in this row.

AND JEAH ALWAYS STAND BEHIND THE MOB CAPPING expertise will cap dodge ffrom bosses not parrys need alot more to cap parry.
    From behind he cant parry.

you where right changed the rotation.
    Last edited by Gibraltar; 01-26-2009 at 07:27 AM.

How to NOT suck as a fury warrior(wotlk edition)
    Ferag's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great guide, but a few tips on how to make it better.

1) Specifically mention the expertise cap as A LOT of people don't know it.
    2) There is no need to run around a target dummy with your eyes closed?
    3) You should probably be leaving hit at around 300, especially after the TG hit penalty was removed.
    4) Expertise till cap > Hit till ~300 > Crit till 30% > Str > Ap

Other than those four little points it's a good guide.

pixie12's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    spec and attack rotation?

Vixxi's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Ferag

I think he means know how to do your rotation without looking at your spell bar/keyboard. I know alot of people don't and you miss what's going on in a raid if your always looking at your spell bar.

Gibraltar's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    /threat updated i will add good colours better organization and some pics later

Perhaps i will even add a little information about useful warrior addons itemization and some tricks, perhaps even an enchantment guide. But certainly not if that guide gets only a few posts and dissapears.

Tiru's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your rotation is wrong, you shouldn't be prioritizing slam over ww/bt, unless the duration on the "Slam!" proc is <1.5 seconds.

The damage you lose by delaying a ww/bt by prioritizing slam isn't made up for by using slam every time Bloodsurge procs - Even with the 'loss' of slam procs by use of ww/bt while the slam proc is active.
    Last edited by Tiru; 01-25-2009 at 06:50 AM.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rotation problem solved.

Update is near.

kroryyk's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was an okay guide, but kind of like Ferag said, in 25 man content I'm the main fury warrior in my guild, I'm able to keep up heroic strike full time on all bosses, you may want to mention that doing this is very possible in a 25 man raid environment.

Also the expertise cap is 6.5% for dodge, just good to throw in there, although I know you already mentioned other facts about expertise.

I kind of speeded through reading it, but a fury warrior's job is to always keep up sunders as well if there is not a warrior tank.

Major Glyphs to use are:

- Cleave (1 extra target hit by your cleave) - Trash/only some boss fights OR Glyph of execution(I forgot the name of the glyph, but it makes it so your execute deals damage as if you had 10 more rage)
    - Whirlwind (Reduces CD on WW by 2 secs)
    - Heroic Strike (When you crit with heroic strike, you get back 10 rage)

Best enchants at the moment are Berserking MH Massacre OH

When a target is in execute range, you want to have 2 DPS daggers with decent stats, that are really fast, that way you can use execute every GCD without having to wait, and maximizing your rage generation. The best enchants for these are Double Mongoose (lol pre LK) You could get AP or AGI, but getting a mongoose proc will increase your crit and attack speed even more, increasing your rage regen too.

Pure DPS rotation is auto attack to atleast 37 rage, then heroic strike (Spam it after everything) -> WW -> BT -> GCD free, feel free to use slam procs or maybe debuff the boss or whatnot.

A good way to do a lot of burst is use all your CD's (I'm an orc, no on use trinkets) So I use bloodfury, death wish, and recklessness. Heroic strike -> bthrist -> WW. All 3 of these will crit, including Main/OH whirlwind. Sometimes if you get nonstop crits you can get insane deep wound ticks, doing this can help get it up a little. (Had a 35k tick on Loatheb once )

Hope this helped too.

kroryyk's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know I'm going to get people saying "LOL BERSKING IZ BAD, WE GOT ARMORED TO THE TEETH"... Well, it got changed (I think, or will be soon) to 5% armor pen on yourself instead of 25%, either way, it's still better.

kroryyk's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are also many specs to go.

Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft The extra point goes into a unbridled wrath, anger management, or piercing howl.. maybe.. This spec is an all out dps spec, assuming your tanks are good on health, and don't need imp commanding. It's also if you still need the expertise cap, you can put only 1 point into it if you're 5.5%, or 0 if you have 4.5 and put those somewhere else too. You can also swap points in TM and Iron Will, shouldn't make much of a difference though, I doubt you'll have to go sword and board and tank. EDIT: Extra point could also go into imp berserker rage for on demand rage.

I would get improved execute if you are expertise capped without talents, but I wouldn't recommend trading anything for it. 5 less rage on each execute, the cost of execute isn't a problem when DW'ing daggers, and the damage isn't that great of an upgrade either. 180 more damage per execute (Not including crits) every 1.5 seconds is a 120 dps upgrade, only for the last 20%.

Consumables to use are +180 ap flask and +40 strength food, (hit if you need soft cap)

Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft Another spec, more of a raid helper, you get 5/5 commanding presence, and booming voice. You also get imp execute for the extra little DPS that could make the difference when your guild is doing 3 minute patchwerk etc.

Ferag's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Excellent posts kroryyk, even if it was a triple post (lol). Still, I repped you for being helpful because you deserve it.

@ Whoever posted @ me:
    I meant what's the point on running around the target, I totally agree with not having to see your buttons (though I just alt-z and do some AV to practice with new setups).

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    running around the target will get you used to using your hotkeys while not having to klick once in a while, its extremely good if you wanna avoid , like aoe from bosses or safety dance.

This has become an extremely good guide especially with all your help, i will rep everbody who contributed, clean this guide up put some colour an some screenies in it and put it in here again.

Everybody who helped me in here will be mentionned and i will tell people to rep you.

again thanks Tir thanks kroryyk and thanks ferag you helped keeping the threat warm.

It will take some time, but it will be updated with a little info for a decent warrior ui that helps you dps.

Miks scrolling combat text is awesome.

kroryyk's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll try the scrolling text addon, I've heard of addons like that but could never find one. Thanks