Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Guide] making your own UI (for noob ui makers) includes links.

Contents
    1. Bars
    2. Frames
    3. Threat Meters
    4. Chat
    5. Healing/Buffing
    6. Maps
    7. Instance/Bosses

hey guys this is my first guide on this forum and i'm going to explain how to make your own custom UI with links to many popular addons to help your WoW experience.
    My UI:

1. Bars
    well to me, i think blizzard bars SUCK. to improve those you need to find some bar addons (no duh). the one i recommend is
    Bartender 4
    it has many features including moving the bars around anywhere, making them smaller/bigger, and many other features.
    <- the configuration screen
    you can also turn off all unneeded blizz bars including the menu or bags bars. just press on the bars u want to disable and uncheck the "[ ] Enable" box

2. Frames
    frames help a LOT and help you play PvE or PvP a lot better once you customize it to your liking. the normal blizz ones are nearly uncustomizable, so i recommend these:
    X-Perl
    Pitbull
    Grid (for raiding)

x-perl is a better one for people that just want to switch away from blizz frames. right when you install it, you don't really have to change anything to make it work well.
    <- x-perl config
    pitbull is one for more advanced users. i can't really use it on my laptop since it creates more lag for me than x-perl. pitbull is REALLY customizable. if you have a high end gaming computer, you can customize it a lot. it uses dogtags to customize, but all the old layouts won't work since dogtags updated.
    Grid is one of the best raiding frames, since it doesnt take up lots of space like the normal ones in pitbull or x-perl.
    <-how grid looks like.
    there are also many addons for grid that improve it. they are always labeled Grid_[insert name here].

3. Threat Meters
    don't even have to explain this one.
    Omen3
    just install, put it somewhere you can see it, and watch it works its magic.

4. Chat
    one of the best:
    Prat
    gives you a timestamp of all of your chat info and you can change the font, color, size, and many other things in your chat.

5. Heals and Classes that can Buff
    SmartBuff
    Healbot

easy to use addons.
    smartbuff sets it up so u can buff with a scroll of your mousewheel, so you don't have to keep track of when the buff goes down or click each person's name to buff them
    healbot is more for new healers. you can easily customize 3 spells you can use with left click, right click, MOUSE3. you can also hold alt, ctrl, or shift with those mouse buttons to create 9 diff. hotkeys for spells.

6. Map Addons
    Cartographer
    TomTom
    Atlas
    AtlasLoot
    Cartographer
    shows zone maps w/o exploring it. It also has many handy functions such as a waypoint, keeps track of where you turn in quests, shows points of intrests in zones, and many other things.
    TomTom is desgined especially for going to coordinates, with a good waypoint system [howtouse]
    Atlas contains all the instance/raid maps with numbers designating where the bosses and things that matter in an instance.
    AtlasLoot is an addon that gives you the info on what bosses drop what in instances. It also has Rep Rewards, World Boss Drops, and many other drops. Can be used with atlas to make it so you can just click the boss name on atlas and the drops will appear.

7. Instances/Bosses
    BigWigs
    Deadly Boss Mods

XLootMaster
    oRA2
    BigWigs and Deadly Boss Mods (DBM) help you in boss fights during instances, making popup warning when the bosses are going to do a certain move. The difference between these two is that BigWigs is just for raids while DBM has support for normal instance bosses too. BigWigs has addons for it that help support more bosses in the earlier versions of it.
    XLootMaster are for raid leaders who are master looters. It makes giving other people loot easier with the new interface.
    oRA2 is for just a CT_RaidAssist alternative. It's makes raiding a lot more simplified!

still adding more and updating!
    btw: do i mark out the names or should i keep it like that. i'm new at making guides sry.
    Last edited by mAcKoZ; 01-19-2009 at 03:45 PM.

[Guide] making your own UI (for noob ui makers) includes links.
    BaboonX's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice effort, but if your going to make a guide on this you could be a little more advanced and go into KG Frames, and the really more customizable addons..

This should be called 'how to create a simple/nooby UI'

Good effort though , love the pics, could be recoulored and layed out better. ..

NuclearWizard's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice but UI is really ugly :\

mAcKoZ's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks for the feedback. i'm still updating this guide.
    just added links and section 4-6

lucas753's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol in the frames pic in chat Arthas: Duel-icious

Barnzy's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice guide helps me alot, btw remove your "+rep if you like" thing, people like to flame about it

chimx6x's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    really ugly

but thx 4 effort

Zeraux's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not that good UI (not that mine is)

And don't ask for +rep

EDIT: And you don't have to black out names. Mostly for exploits so Blizz employees wont see your name and ban hammer you

BaboonX's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the recoloring you have done with this, and it has everything a guide needs.. But I don't think you know that much stuff about making a UI.. For one, Xperl is probably heavier than Pitbull IMO, so saying pitbull causes alot of lag is a lie..

Also, your UI sucks -_-