0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[How to] Stay safe while botting/doing something illegal on a server

Title: Guide: A Quick Safety Reference for the Newcomers.

Prologue:
    Nothing in the world is 100% safe. Instead there are levels of risk. Many people spend their lifetime figuring out the level of risk of a certain action. Creditors and loaners examine the level of risk that a client will pay them back. Insurance companies look at a client’s level of risk that the client will not contract a deadly disease and cost the company hundreds of thousands on medical bills. Gliders examine the level of risk at any given time of someone catching them in the act. The lack of assured safety is a sad fact of reality thus you cannot presume that Glider is always 100% safe. There is a level of risk with gliding. In this short guide I will attempt to give you the tools needed to lower your level of risk of getting caught.
    I run a small business gliding and selling characters. The information presented below depicts the guidelines I have obtained and formulated.

First off...
    Join a newbie guild. Many people advise you not to join a guild; but, when I see a guildless dwarf hunter with all BOE greens killing mobs I immediately think of a botter. I would advise you to join a newbie guild. Don’t speak to anyone in the guild to lower suspicions and switch guilds every 2 or 3 days.

Second…
    Don’t make friends while gliding up to 70. Less friends helps to reduce the number of people to whisper you and find that you don’t respond. If you already have friends see number 11.

Third…
    If you are asked about botting, never say “I let my brother/____ on to play, and he/she didn’t know what they were doing.” This has become the oldest trick in the book and to fellow botters it’s a sure sign you are a botter! Come up with a better one. I have only been asked once if I was a botter (this was early in my gliding career). I replied “Why do you say that?” Other person: “because you wouldn’t answer me yet you were running around killing mobs.” Me: “ooo I’m sorry, I have a mod. that blocks people whispering me if they aren’t on my friends list. I turn the mod off when I’m in any city so I can trade or sell to people.” This, of course, worked because he whispered me and didn’t /say initially.

Fourth…
    Don’t report other botters. Just let them be where they are and follow number 12. Most bans come from player reports and GMs looking into it. So if gliders don’t report one another we are lowering our level of risk that we will be reported by lowering the number of people reporting bots.

Fifth…
    Never glide more than 20hrs a day. For the fours hours you are logged out, try to make this the time where you are away from your computer the longest. For example, if you are at school for 7hrs and sleep for 4hrs then have the four hour break during the last four hours of school. You can achieve this by before going to school for 7 hrs, have the log out timer on glider set for 180 minutes. This will lower your AFK gliding time. Instead of gliding AFK for 7hrs while at school, you only glide AFK for 3hrs.

Sixth…
    Do some instances every now and then to get BOP gear. A clear cut sign of a botter is all AH greens.

Seventh…
    Keep “logout on follow” timer SHORT! You will look less suspicious if someone gets a notion you’re a botter, then you log out. You can then have a relogger (which can be found in the tools section) to relog your character say 30minutes later; after that someone has moved on. (NOTE: You must not have your hearth stone in the default position or you will be ported then logged.)

Eigth…
    NEVER put on /DND this is an obvious mark of a farmer or botter. I really believe Blizzard put this in just for identifying farmers and botters.

Ninth…
    Keep an eye on the ban/suspension GLIDER forums. CHECK EVERYDAY! Early warning has prevented me from logging in and getting caught on a ban wave day/week.

Tenth…
    Glide in places where there are never people... For example, when I get to 56 I glide in Silithilus. Population there has dwindled since BC.

Eleventh…
    Glide on a low population server! This too will decrease your level of risk on bans. Blizzard catches you gliding by people reporting you therefore cut down the number of people on the server, then you cut down on the amount of people that could possibly report you. Transfer the character once you attain the desired level.

Twelfth:
    If you see a fellow glider/botter in an area STAY AWAY! Find another place to glide. People love to see bots chasing one another in circles. If you glide in that same area you are also decreasing your XP/hr thus increasing the time it takes to achieve the desired level. Remember you don’t own a spot.

Thirteenth…
    Create your own profiles!!!!! Using public profiles heightens your level of risk. If you just started out public profiles can teach you many cool and interesting things. Once your not a newb and move on to become a rookie then start creating your own profiles!

Closing:
    Using the above guidelines will HELP you keep those future level 70 characters as safe as possible!

Good Luck! And remember your character’s safety lies not in the program but in your decisions!
    Last edited by Stans Dad; 11-03-2008 at 04:47 PM.

[How to] Stay safe while botting/doing something illegal on a server
    falcao's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol

very nice!!!

justinsroy's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kind of common sense and really isnt a huge guide per say. but good effort.

MontgomeryBurns's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by justinsroy View Post
    Kind of common sense and really isnt a huge guide per say. but good effort.
    Go away leecher!-Anyways Great contrib bro!

suntzzz's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nice guide. My only question is step 9...which forums would that be?

Stans Dad's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by suntzzz View Post
    nice guide. My only question is step 9...which forums would that be?
    On the glider forums, sorry. I'll fix that now :P

rukkus's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    8/7
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great guide. +rep

jaapoor's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    really good guide, have you got any ideas on masking fish bots or anything alike?
    +rep

mcpuffchaos's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nice guide. i would like to follow all of those rules but i always end up turning off my follower loggout timer to get more gold XD.
    You forgot to add about server times i never bot from 6-10 thats when everyone is one and you get reported more.
    + rep

Stans Dad's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by mcpuffchaos View Post
    nice guide. i would like to follow all of those rules but i always end up turning off my follower loggout timer to get more gold XD.
    You forgot to add about server times i never bot from 6-10 thats when everyone is one and you get reported more.
    + rep
    Noted, and may update guide within the next couple days