Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[How to] Use Lootfilter

Introduction
    First off, some people might not even know what lootfilter is. lootfilter is an addon for World of Warcraft that deletes looted items that you configure it to delete. This is legal to run and will not get you banned if you want to use it for regular play/farming. The main use for lootfilter is to make sure you have plenty of bagspace for the items you want to farm, not the grey items you vendor.

To install lootfilter, go to World of Warcraft AddOns & Mods :: WoW 3.0.2 Latest Downloads! and download the WoWMatrix client. This client will make sure that you will always have the most up to date lootfilter available. Once your download is complete, launch WoWMatrix and hit the "Get More Addons" tab. In the search bar, type lootfilter and once your search is done, click lootfilter and click the install button. This should install it directly to your Add0ns folder.

If you obtained lootfilter from somewhere else (Like Curse, or other addon sites) you will need to do a manual install. If you do not know how to install addons manually here is a brief explanation:

Go to My Computer
    Click on your drive where World of Warcraft is installed (Usually the C drive)
    Click Program Files
    Click on the World of Warcraft Folder
    Click the Interface Folder
    Click the Add0ns Folder
    Drag and Drop Lootfilter Into the Add0ns Folder

You must do this while World of Warcraft is closed.

Configuration

So you now have lootfilter installed. Log into your character and type /lootfilter. This should bring up a configuration screen that looks like this:

Now, if you want to setup lootfilter to just throw out items by quality, hit the quality tab on lootfilter. The screen should look something like this:

You should see the qualities of the items and 3 dots next to them. The first dot pretty much means do nothing, which is the default dot selected. This will let grays be looted. If you want to keep the grays, hit the 2ND button. If you want to get rid of grey items hit the last bubble. The same goes for the rest of the qualities.

Semi-Advanced Configuration: Keep By Name
    There are some situations where you might want to keep one certain white or grey item, but you want to delete the rest. In this case you want to make sure that on your qualities tab you have your bubble set to the last one (delete all items). Then go to the Name tab which looks like this:

You will see 2 boxes, say you want to keep all the Mutton Chops you pick up. Click in the box that says "Items you want to keep" and type in Mutton Chop. Basically, just choose the item that you dont want to get rid of and type it in the Keep box.

Semi-Advanced Configuration: Lootfilter on Certain Bags

This feature is mainly used if you want to vendor some trash but not have bags and bags full of it. Select the General tab which should look like this:

Now, just look for the text with "Select bags you want to use lootfilter on" and you will see bags with check boxes next to them. Just uncheck if you do not want to use lootfilter on that bag.

Extra Information

In this very topic I have received information about lootfilter being all screwed up to the most recent version. The version I currently use is the last updated version from Loot Filter. If you want to use this version, download it and do a manual addon install. Once you have installed the addon, launch the game and click on the addons button. This should be at the bottom left of your screen at the character selection screen. Lootfilter should be in a red text saying that it is out of date. At the top right of the screen it says "Load Out Of Date Addons". Click the box next to it and the lootfilter text should turn yellow. Launch the game as normal and try it out. If you have any issues don't be afraid to post here.

I hope this has helped anyone with questions regarding lootfilter. If there is anything missing please post

[How to] Use Lootfilter
    -=Swift=-'s Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good guide, I might have to try this out if it is legit and legal. Thanks, +Rep.

What? Not banned just never allowed to login, ever again...
    I make graphics, sigs, and flash websites for the MMOwned community.

Stans Dad's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by -=Swift=- View Post
    Good guide, I might have to try this out if it is legit and legal. Thanks, +Rep.
    This addon in completely legal, mostly used for people who don't want to make a trip to the vendor so often.

Also used by botters a ton!

Robin1986's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice addon guide.
    Also seen the movies on the lootfilter website but yours is better.
    +2REP

Stans Dad's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Robin1986 View Post
    Nice addon guide.
    Also seen the movies on the lootfilter website but yours is better.
    +2REP
    Thanks mate. Any additions need to be made?

mcpuffchaos's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    this is one of my favorite addons for botting what i do is i choose to use lootfilter on bag 3 and 4 so it picks up all they greys then on 3 and 4 it only picks up primals, greens and blues