0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Joana's IN-GAME guide! (NO METAMAP!)

Ok, so I've been using Joana's guide to get me to lvl 50 the past few weeks.

Great guide and almost no grinding. Plus, I always seem to be slightly above the lvl recommendations. Anyways, the thing I hated the most was alt-tabbing.

I read about an addon called TourGuide and how it's an in-game lvl guide of sorts. I thought it probably wasn't as good as Joana's, but I'd give it a try.

Well it's identical to Joana's! TourGuide has a plugin system where anyone can make their own lvl guides and put them into the addon - but the one that comes standard is almost an identical step-by-step to Joana's guide.

According to the creator, there's a reason behind this:

The quest sequence would be a "procedure for doing things", and thus is not copyrightable. Simply put, we can use their quest sequence, but we can't use their notes. So please take the time to write your own notes by hand, I really don't want to give anyone valid reason to question this addon and it's data.

You can get the TourGuide addon in WowMatrix, WowInterface and finally at the author's site.

The addon interacts with TomTom or Cartographer for arrow waypoints and acts just like Zygor's in-game addon.

Try it!

*UPDATE* I know some of you may have read about it on Wow Insider or maybe even here but I've seen no one mention how the addon is identical to Joana's. (but I could be wrong on that aspect too! lol)
    Last edited by DynomiteKid; 08-08-2008 at 10:22 AM.

Joana's IN-GAME guide! (NO METAMAP!)
    overload119's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now someone just has to install the guide into the mod right?

DynomiteKid's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by overload119 View Post
    Now someone just has to install the guide into the mod right?
    Normally yes, when someone writes a guide for TourGuide you just install that. But the cool thing is that the DEFAULT one that installs with TourGuide IS Joana's guide so theres really nothing left to do except install the mod!

Kissy's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice find i'll put carbonite to sleep a few days and check if this is better reason i like carb is that it knows when the quest is done and yes i know carb aint a guide but it helps me level faster than any guide has yet.

Stabster226's Avatar Contributor CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice find, not to bad It's relaxing to not have to alt-tab all the time

DynomiteKid's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by кιѕѕу View Post
    Nice find i'll put carbonite to sleep a few days and check if this is better reason i like carb is that it knows when the quest is done and yes i know carb aint a guide but it helps me level faster than any guide has yet.
    This addon does the same thing! It has a list of things to do (ex: quest 1, quest 2, quest 3 etc..) and when you complete a quest it automatically checks off the quest and moves on to the next one.

The only problem I have is that there really isn't a notification to tell you to work on 2 or 3 quests at the same time. Like if you're in an area that has 3 quests that overlap, it only shows you working on the first one in the list. There is a side bar that shows your objectives, and when you goto an area all the quests are shows but not in TourGuide's "list".

Wow, i just reread that and it looked confusing. Sorry if it was!