0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Auctioneer is your Friend!

First off, get this: http://www.auctioneeraddon.com/dl/?d...pack-4.0.0.zip No questions just do it, this mod screams amazingness in 8 different languages. It comes with a .exe for easy installation if you wish, or you can just d/l the regular one.

After everything is a go do, /load auctioneer always, and all the other /commands it will prompt you to do. Your first money making step is now done! Thats right, you haven't even really done anything and you can allready be increasing gold income by atleast 10%. How you might ask? Simple, auctioneer tells you the vendor value of items, allowing you to pick up the ones that sell the best from tricks, and effectively "trash" the right htings from your bag when you run out of space! If you are and enchanter it also tells you if it would be worth more to d/e the item then sell it.

Now IMO that is good enough right off the bat, but if you want to go further keep reading! Auctioneer owns the AH, figures eh? Open up the AH window with auctioneer loaded and do a scan (button on bottom left) every day for atleast a week to get a proper reading of YOUR realms value on items. Now when you put up an auction it will choose the best possible price to sell it at by comparing all the prices on the AH, it can also tell you if it is the proper time to sell that item or not depending on what the going price is!

Now on to my favorite part!!! Before you do this, do yourself a favor and farm/buy/whatever-it-is-you-do about 300g and make sure you have scanned the AH many times (or this can actaully COST you money). Now start up BTMscanner (found as a tab on bottm), just press the little triangle on the BTM page. Auctioneer will now search for extremely underpriced items, ask you if you want to buy them, then tell you if it sells for more at vendor or what you should resell it at. I suggest investing a good 150+g into this. BTM scanner just picked up 5 [Essence of Air] for 50s when they sell for 15g/each on my server!~ Yesterday I turned 100g into 250 by buying golden dreanite and mote of shadow in mass and then selling for twice the price, took me about half an hour and its fun too!

How BTM scanner works: Like mentioned before it picks up all the extremely underpriced things and then tells you what you should resell them for. Now this can be a bit daunting which is why im making this section of the guide. Aside from my main who I made the 150g in half an hour on I wanted to see how much I could make on my alt. BTM looks for autions based on your bank atm (I started at 3g) finds the auctions (went down to 95s) then gives you the price to sell them at (went up to 30g, then re ran and am currently at 95g). BTM essentially does what many players do manually, buys every stack of a low priced item and resells it at an inflated price (yesterday I was able to inflate Netehrweave sales by 4g!) It also features a safety net that says "Hey theres way to many of these for you to buy out the market and stops you from digging a hole deeper and deeper. Money is about risk, DO NOT FEEL LIKE YOU HAVE LOST ALL YOUR MONEY AFTER A BTM SCAN.I can almost gaurentee that if you let Auctioneer choose the best prices to resell at, you will have 40 sold auctions in you mail the next day with twice what you spent there. It can be dauntiing but after a big payday, its worth it!

I hope this can be of use to someone, if you have any questions please ask =D I'm not very experienced but I'd be glad to help out! Just thought I'd share how I made enough money for my flying mount and well on my way to my epic flying mount off a mod! Best day to put all your auctions back in the AH is saturday evening or sunday at noon I found. Good luck to everyone and I hope I helped in anyway!

(BTW if you know anymore auctioneer tips please post here I would be very interested in learning them :wave: )

----(please leave the copyright info below intact)----
    This post is copyright by the user posting it and MMOwned.com - World of Warcraft Exploits,Hacks, Bots and Guides, where it was posted. You may not copy or reproduce the above on any other site without written permission from both the poster and MMOwned.com

Auctioneer is your Friend!
    Sukarn's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Auctioneer is your Friend!

Sounds great, gonna try it out, though I don't think this will work correctly for me as I play on a low population server (about 135 people online at a time).

EDIT: Doesn't seem to work correctly on 1.12.1
    Anyone got anything similar for 1.12.1? Its a private server.
    Last edited by Sukarn; 03-27-2007 at 04:39 AM.

pesa's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, you just made me around 100g so cheers for that .

May i ask what your btm settings are?

Thanks.

Zans's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is basically a summarized, free version of the WOOT GOLD guide. +rep

Maverike's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks guys! TBH this is why I love this site, besides the annoying spam that comes along with a free community, there really are great things to learn and you have the oppertunity to share =D Be thankful this is free and keep on sharin'

@Sukarm, sorry this will not help you out very much, even if you do get an old version compatible with your patch # there won't be enough people to pick up mass deals :confused:

@Pesa, glad I could help! Mind sharing what you had to start off with and what your procedure was (what you bought)? I'll hook you up with the settings ASAP but I need a new time card atm, plus its my birthday today so I'm gona be a lil busy :drunk:

@Zans not sure what WOOT GOLD guide is, but it sounded like a compliament =P Do people actaully pay for crap like this? I just wanted to share what I had some fun with

Got the settings quick, I use :
    reserve (100g)
    maxprice (10g)
    maxprofit (10g) <trying to keep Auctioneer from bugging and making a real bad deal
    minprofit (1.5g)
    I don't use enchant crap now that they have added skill to d/e
    minvendorprofit (30s)
    minseen (5 count)
    I have my safety net at 20g atm but I'm not quite sure if this is a good idea

This is all I have screwed around with right now, the more money I make the more I increase my settings, I started on basic. I'm really still testing to see what works for me and what dosn't, I'm not much of a gambler =P 100g just arrived in mail btw, another day of succesful auctioneering and this time I spent no time what so ever really looking at crap... I am considering using a mouse clicker to buy everything but just considering ATM.
    Last edited by Maverike; 03-27-2007 at 07:40 PM.

pesa's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

+rep just got another 60g!!! some guy put up 10 16slot bags for 4g each resold em for 10g each

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Man I told ya this mod is the new soap-on-a-rope glad to see you playing the market!

dibbs's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow im def going to try this and hopefull ill make some cash fast ty + rep

xps980's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i already posted a guide extremely similar to this, but, still good guide
    i had over 300g using this addon frequently by the time i was level 40
    emag eht tsol tsuj evah uoY

Snitch's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another auctioneer guide, another -10 rep fan club. Oh the shame. Next you'll be telling me Brian Kopps and Joana's guides are posted frequently by different people, what? They are? OMFG.

Snitch

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure what you are trying to do with your post Snitch, I was just trying to help out, and from the responses I got apparently I did. Maybe Im taking it wrong but that seems like an unconstructive comment.. which arent to rare on this forum either.

Yano's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally Posted by Snitch
    Another auctioneer guide, another -10 rep fan club. Oh the shame. Next you'll be telling me Brian Kopps and Joana's guides are posted frequently by different people, what? They are? OMFG.

Snitch
    Don't be an ass. His guide provided means of using auctioneer that I had not known about.

+rep, sometimes reposting things with added info is a good thing. Quit crying about reposts.

RaZZi's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can you be more specific with the addons it comes with ?

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can try my best =D Theses are all part of auctioneer and hardly different mods but can be used by them selves or not used at all.

Beancounter: BeanCounter is a mod which works with auctioneer to track the items you purchase and list for sale. The information it collects can be viewed on the Transaction tab of the Auction House interface. Basically it lists all your purchases and transactions.

Enchantrix: Remembers the values of the DE mats of items, tells you what chance you have of getting what item (ie. 30% for small brilliant shard) and lets you know if an item is worth more to DE then to sell. You can make some good money buying items "of the whale" and such that go cheaper but DE to the same mats.

BottomScanner: Detailed in this guide, basically just looks for scans AH for cheap items.

Hope that helped any =D

Ozrien's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Auctioneer technique of making money can be found on almost any gold making guide site with a lot more description than this one, but a decent effort

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast