Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

PvP'ers Handbook Must Read!(Lacey)

I hope you like
    I DID NOT WRITE THIS

Core rules
    These are the rules that a serious PvP'er should live by and uphold.

1) Start young. Starting a PvP career as level 70 is a battle lost in advance. Though you will gain more honor, it is a big plus to start young due to the lowered Honor points you get from Battlegrounds. Being low level also means decreased survivability. You are less gear dependent as a low level, meaning that Skill comes before Gear. This will of course change at the higher levels where Gear becomes the thin red line between "Make it or break it".
    Starting young will also get you accostumed to your class, and your prefered PvP style. If you do not know your class, you cannot PvP.

2) Hotkeys. I cannot stress how important it is to have additional hotkeys. Not only does it provide above-average playstyle but also keeps your arsenal within the reach of your left hand. There is no need missing out on vital spells just because the basic action bar does not have enough spaces. I personally use the lower Right and Left action bar, and the Upper right action bar. My keys are currently bound to (Shift) 1-10, Shift (& ctrl) q-w-e-r-a-s-d-f-z-x-c-v. This might seem like overkill, but do not forget that these buttons can be used to both Macro's, Trinkets, Potions, Item Abbilities. Having ALL (and i do mean all) your options within the reach of your fingers is vital if you want to maximize your playstyle.

3) Common Sense. Common Sense is often that which you define the situation with. Regardless if your Raid leader or Raid paticipent. Do not rush into the middle of 3 enemies if you are alone. A good thumb rule is You go alone, You die alone. Assest the situation, look at what classes you are up against and try to find the best strategy to neutralize your opponents. A Druid cannot in a million years solo flags in WSG if the enemy has two hunters on defence, thus he needs support.
    Common sense also involves sticking to the plan. If your flag runner says he needs help, HE NEEDS HELP. Don't run off trying to farm Honor Kills as you don't get any honor after killing an enemy four times, or being in a group that kills said target four times.

4) The Raid and You. Obviouslyas you start off PvP'ing, you will join up with what is called PUG's (Short for Pick-up-groups, this will also change at level 60). You might not know the people you are PvP'ing with, and/or might not like them particular much. Well here's only one thing you can do Get over it. A dysfunctional raid is a loosing raid. Teamwork and Tactics win any battle, but if one dislikes the other and refuses to help, it hurts not only that player but the rest of the team. And Battlegrounds are All about Teamwork.

5) Communication. Communication the most important thing. I cannot stress how important this is. Why is it important? Because people need to know where to go, if your flag has been taken and the flag carrier is running on the east side of Warsong Gulch. If half the raid runs west instead of east, your likely to loose. If your flag carrier runs into your Flag Room, thinking he's safe but runs into 4 enemies waiting for him cause the defence didn't relay that single piece of important information, you are likely to use. If a base is under attack in Arathi Basin, getting from point A to B takes time, and they will not be able to get help if they do not inform anyone that they are under attack. I think you get the picture.

6) Hardcore PvP? Go Horde! Why? Because it's a simple and common fact that the Alliance to Horde ratio is 31 on most (if not all) servers. This is important because for one, You'll (as Horde) always be facing more enemies than you have allies. This means that, while the Alliance has to wait in line, you are likely to come in everytime due to the low numbers of Horde vs. the high numbers of Alliance. the high Alliance to Horde ratio also means that the Horde players will gain honour easier due to the lack of competition (I.E. Lack of PvP'ing Hordes)

Rank System
    The Rank system is fairly simple. You gain honor by 3 ways

1) Kills. Each time you kill an opponent within 10 levels of you, you get a pre-calculated amount of honor, based on His rank versus your Rank. How much damage you do to him (If multiple people are hitting same target) And of course your level versus his level. You will find that off-Battleground PvP'ing pays very well for solo kills. For each time you kill a person, you get 25% less honor from said target. Max Kills 4.

2) Battleground Bonus Honor. This differs from Battleground to Battleground. so i will note both three.
    A)Warsong Gulch You gain Bonus honor for each time your team captures the enemy flag. 3 x Bonus honor per battle.
    B) Arathi basin You gain Bonus honor for ever 200 point score your team collects. 10 x Bonus honor per battle.
    C) Alterac Vallet You gain bonus honor for every time you destroy an enemy structure or vital component.

3) Battleground Marks. You gain 1 or 3 Battleground Marks. 1 if you loose, 3 if you win. These Marks can be turned in at the Warmaster for Reputation from Mark faction and Bonus honor. Note that Double Reputation Weekends only affects the reputation gained inside of the Battleground, and not from the reputation gained from turning in Marks.

Quest Items

Ethics 101
    While Battlegrounds are battlegrounds, and the ultimate goal is to hurt your opponent, there should still be some base lines as to how one can act. While WoW may just be a game, doing a /spit, or mocking your opponent one too many times, may make the person gain a personal hatred towards your character and yourself.
    Amoungst the things you just don't do is

1) Graveyard Camping. All battlegrounds have Graveyards. Though in the Alterac Valley, these are capturable, they are not in the Warsong Gulch, nor Arathi Basin. Nor is it fair to camp these graveyards, because the people resurecting there will be unbuffed, cought flatfooted, and mainly discourage them to fight against you again (I.E. Less battlegrounds for you!) And may if they so wish, take it a step further and slander you on the Realm Forum. Do not think that graveyard campers can hide behind the new Naming & Shaming politics. You can only get so much honor out of one target.

2) Respect. Respect your opponent cause they spend their real life time to fight you, win or loose, it is still of their choosing. Do not call them stupid for trying to achive what you desire. They might just one day find out what they are doing wrong, and it'll be you who's left with the short end of the stick. If you are 15 inside Arathi Basin against 5 enemies, show kindness towards them, and do not kill unless attacked. If they try to beat you, they desirve death, but otherwise leave them alone and do alittle /dance.

3) Stay in one Battleground!. This is a particular touchy area. Blizzard added a feature to the game that will let you queue multiple Battlegrounds (For what reason i have no idear) And this has caused a wave of "Lets join WSG, but if AB comes we join that" meaning that half the raid instantly disapears to go to Arathi Basin, in the middle of a Warsong Gulch game. This shows complete and utter lack of respect for your fellow players as you leave them to be horribly farmed by the opposite team. Not only does it hurt your own but also strenghten your enemy. They will be left facing "X" amount of enemies more than themselves which, trust me on this, builds up personal resentment towards those who leave the battlegrounds. Afterall, in a team game, there's no room for unreliable people.

If you dont like my guides please tell me

:wave::wave:
    Last edited by lacey639; 06-17-2008 at 04:30 AM.

PvP'ers Handbook Must Read!(Lacey)
    soslol's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    good, very good
    i agree
    +rep and yeah we do have almost every spells key-binded :PPP
    btw who's the girl in the pic? :P ~.^
    Last edited by soslol; 06-16-2008 at 01:54 PM.

hoboonaparkbench's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is copy/pasted from someone's thread from pre-bc. Read the text.. continual references to lvl 60 being the lvl cap.
    You got Teleph-OWNED.

lacey639's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nope i have put together this guide over a while so some pre-tbc parts il change now

Ty for the feedback btw

noes's Avatar Contributor

Thanks G/R
    3/8
    Trade Feedback
    6 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whats up with pvp guides? U cant learn it by reading text. Its by finding it out by urself and experience.

U can learn PVE. U cant learn PVP

poche's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No!?! you cant learn what tactic to use against "X" class? new to me, sorry but go the class forum in wow and you'll see numerous tactic against other class.

The only point i agree with you is you cant learn with guide how to be fast and good in teamwork.

Btw nice guide for kindness in pvp, i faced many time alliance camping the GY and i only dont res so i piss them more because they dont get honor and waste their time while i drink a cofee

shadowbladex's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-=Swift=-'s Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol!

When you ask us to tell you if we like your guides I asked myself what guides, I don't see any of your guides here.
    Last edited by -=Swift=-; 06-17-2008 at 02:10 AM.

What? Not banned just never allowed to login, ever again...
    I make graphics, sigs, and flash websites for the MMOwned community.

[Soul Eater]'s Avatar The God King of Tails
    Thanks G/R
    3/22
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TBH, I really disagree with this guide. Respecting the enemy? No GY camping? Staying in ONE Battleground?

Those things are typically not my type of playing style, especially the staying in one BG , seriously would you stay in a BG that you lose every time? I mean, do you really also think that enemy players "respect" you?

TBH I just find it very funny if they are even making posts about me on the realm forum, that means that I'm either feared or either they want to gank me hard. Also, that means that your faction side actually respects you more ceause they think things like "WOW, the X-faction are complaining about him, he must be knowing how to slaughter them!" . Really, I don't care if I am hated by the opposite faction, in fact, that's just the basic idea. Isn't horde and alliance enemy of each others?

O well, this is my opinion about it. BTW, it's a game so if you are respecting players and things in BGs...then you are just role playing imo.

Do the impossible, see the invisible
    Row row, Fight the power.

laren's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    this is older (posted in 2006)... and seems to be the original

The PvP'ers Handbook - Core Rules | World of Warcraft Pro

0-0-7's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    2/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by laren View Post
    this is older (posted in 2006)... and seems to be the original

The PvP'ers Handbook - Core Rules | World of Warcraft Pro

Ouch... /owned ?

Please give credit to where you got it from.