0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Twink Guide] Getting the Best weapon for 29 hunters

I take no credit for making this guide but that doesnt change the fact that its really useful for anyone who wants to start a 29 hunter twink
    good luck to anyone out there who wants to get it!
    (Views expressed in guide are not that of myself)
    (except maybe Hunters ftw)

I. Intro
    You're a 20-29 hunter wondering why that opposing hunter is destroying you with amazingly high DPS. You blow all your money on the best blue you can get at the AH, but you're still getting destroyed. The secret is that he has a gun that's even better than your blue. It takes a lot of planning, you have to start a quest when you're lvl28, and you need some high level help, but you can get one too. If you're going to stay in 20-29 for a while and want to utterly own, then this guide is for you. This guide is about how to acquire the Master Hunter's Rifle or Bow.

II. Disclaimer
    I never used this weapon and have not decided whether its use is "fair" (I am anti-twink). But since people on our server do use it, I figure the knowledge of acquiring it should be readily available. I got most of my info from thottbot so feel free to give me corrections. Finally, just having this gun isn't going to make you untouchable in BGs, since enchants and twinks play heavily into DPS too... but it gets you pretty far towards that.

III. Stats
    Master Hunter's Rifle or Bow (I'll call it "MHRifle")
    Master Hunter's Rifle - Thottbot: World of Warcraft
    19.4 dps
    +7 scope enchant

Compare with the best 20-29 blue gun you can get normally --
    Ironweaver
    Ironweaver - Thottbot: World of Warcraft
    17.3 dps
    +5 scope enchant

Note two significant advantages. First, the MHRifle is base 2.1dps higher! Second, you can put a +7 scope on it because it's a lvl40+ item. Compared to the Ironweaver, you're doing 15% more DPS, plus much better damage from aimed and multishot. Compared to the average green bow (i.e. what most hunters use in this bracket), you're doing 50% more base damage just from regular shots!

IV. How to acquire
    This weapon is the reward from a chain that ends with a lvl43+ quest ( Quest: Big Game Hunter - Thottbot: World of Warcraft ). You must be at least lvl28 to get this quest and for the prereqs.

The prereqs are three "Mastery" quests chains where you have to kill Panthers (Quest: Panther Mastery - Thottbot: World of Warcraft), Tigers (Quest: Tiger Mastery - Thottbot: World of Warcraft), and Raptors (Quest: Raptor Mastery - Thottbot: World of Warcraft). Each is a 4-chain ending with killing an elite boss. So you have to complete a total of 13 quests to get your MHRifle.

You get these quests from the Nesingwary Camp in STV, and the rewards for some of the chains are actually pretty good for hunters (i.e. after you're done with this, you'll have not only the MHRifle but also some good armor).

V. Tricks
    There are three main issues:
    1) The quests are much higher level than you, ranging from 30 to 43+.
    2) STV is a heavily contested area where everyone will be higher level than you doing the same quests.
    3) You don't want to accidentally hit lvl30 from the quests, and you want to minimize experience gained so that afterward you can turn in the maximum number of marks of honor from BGs.

Of course, the solution is to bring a high level friend who's patient enough to help you through these. Of particular concern is #3, since it takes approx 40,000 xp to level from 28 to 29, whereas just the xp quest rewards from this chain will grant ~30,000xp (i.e. that doesn't include the 124 high level mobs total you have to kill to complete the quests). My suggestions are:
    1) Make sure you have no rest bonus going into lvl28.
    2) Ungroup your high level friend and have him finish off the mobs after you just tag them (since if you're ungrouped, xp is from % damage dealt).
    3) Get in a group of other lvl28 hunters to do this quest together with. Not only will you all get the bow/gun, but you can share the cost of hiring the lvl60 (if that's what you end up doing), and the mob xp will be split amongst you so you'll get less xp per kill.
    Last edited by Shadowzero; 06-04-2008 at 02:37 AM.

[Twink Guide] Getting the Best weapon for 29 hunters
    dodger's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    31/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uzefull +repz

Clobie7777's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Extremely old, and requires a higher level to obtain the quest now. Impossible to get.

Presto!'s Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Clobie7777 View Post
    Extremely old, and requires a higher level to obtain the quest now. Impossible to get.
    how do you figure?
    Raptor Mastery, Tiger Mastery, Panther Mastery and Big Game Hunter all require 28.

Valkhorne's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice guide mate