0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Guide] How to play Hunter/Druid vs Hunter Warrior

Hello, I posted this in the pvp forum, but it seems that wasnt the place to post guides xD , so I am now posting this on the proper place.

First off this guide is for Hunter/druid VS Warrior/druid, i made this because in my battlegroup at the 1950+ all I see is that combo.

Hey guys this is my first guide to MMowned, and i have been a leecher for quite a while now so i'm writing this to help hunters in their 2v2. I play a hunter on live servers and this combo isn't necessarily hard, it just varies in how long it lasts depending on how they play - defensively or offensively, and on their skill level; it can be a huge pain. Starting off, rush up and drop a freezing trap; they will most likely rush soon. Bait the Warrior into the freezing trap for the chance that he will trinket out of it, essentially wasting his trinket. He will then charge you, and your Druid needs to cyclone him, usually followed by a root. If the Druid isn't out yet, which it probably will not be, start damaging the Warrior to force the Druid out.

Once the Druid pops, you'll get an idea of whether they are good or not. Throw a Viper on the Druid, followed by a Silencing Shot so he can't cast Abolish, if he doesn't go into Bear Form instantly, odds are, he is terrible. Before I introduce the different ways in which to react to differing things the Druid/Warrior team can do, I'll go over some basic CC. You need to communicate with your partner on who is doing what, and when. Against Druid/Warrior teams, the Druid is typically the main CC'er of the Warrior, while you save your Scatter Shot + Freezing Trap cooldown for any time where your Druids' Cyclones and Roots are finished from diminishing returns and your Druid needs any help getting away from the Warrior, or when your Druid gets relatively low on mana. Keep in mind that Viper Sting does not effect Druids that are in bear form.

If the Warrior goes on you, the Hunter, prepare for a long game. You'll be spamming CC on the Warrior while going after the Druid. If the Warrior goes onto your Druid, and your Druid is good on mana, have your druid tank him in bear, while you unload everything you have on him to drain the opposing Druid's mana by making him heal. Aimed Shot is your friend on this comp; it makes their Druid heal twice as much, using twice as much mana. Once the Druid comes out to heal the Warrior, Viper him, and Silence, hopefully getting some of his mana.

Most good teams have the Druid play aggressively, but play styles differ. Whenever the druid is up on your partner or yourself, use Scare Beast, every single time it's off CD. It can get annoying if you let the Druid eat Freezing Traps that were intended for the Warrior. If he comes out of bear to avoid the fear, pop a Viper and he will most likely go back into bear instantly, but know that it costs 600 mana each shift into bear, so you're achieving something either way.

If they play aggressively, the game will end quickly in your favor, if they play defensively, there is no chance they can possibly win because you can reset the fight at any time and you'll be CC'ing the Warrior to death anyway. To speed up this fight, and to defeat great Druid/Warrior teams, you need to watch the Druid very carefully, pressure the Warrior to make the Druid come out to heal, and when he does, have your Druid bash him while casting Viper Sting at the same time. That's actually the only surefire way I know of to make a druid eat viper stings; it is extremely effective.

Your pet should be on the Druid. If he has Bestial Swiftness, he should have no problem keeping up with the Druid on Ruins and Nagrand, you'll still need to keep an eye out for him on Blade's Edge so he doesn't get free bridge-jump drink ticks. If the Warrior goes on the pet, spam CC's on him, and keep the pet alive, especially if you don't have Improved Revive Pet (which you should). Occasionally, Warriors get tunnel vision on your pet and they start to drain your Druids mana dangerously fast by damaging the pet. If this happens, wait for your scatter CD and trap CD to come up, freeze the Warrior, and have your Druid drink, sacrificing the pet if necessary (only if you have Improved Rev Pet). Dismissing your pet temporarily is another option, and so is taking off Scorpid Poison and putting it on the Warrior so you can DPS him. If you do choose to do that, you'll need to have your Druid on their Druid so he can't drink.

If there is any time where your Druid gets low on mana for whatever reason, and their Druid and Warrior go extremely aggressive on him, you need to spam freezing traps, scatter shots, fear beast, and wing clips on both of them, so he can get away to drink a bit. If this happens, it means the game will end soon, if you don't mess up, it will be in your favor. Spamming Moonfire, and shifting forms as often as the Druid will be doing will drain his mana to 0, in conjunction with making him susceptible to Viper Stings.

As soon as the Druid is OOM, you cannot let him drink, and you need to keep putting viper sting on him. If the pet is dismissed, pull it out and put it on the Druid. If the Warrior is on your Druid, DPS him, but if the Warrior starts pillar humping to avoid damage, just get on their druid, slap on your two hander, and spam Wing Clip + Raptor Strike. Don't let him get away, but try to get in ranged damage.

It is really helpful against Druid teams to have a spell alert mod; I use Rupture unit frames. Try to Arcane shot the Druid's buffs down, so when you see the Innervate(s), you can dispel them. Also, be aware that Warriors can taunt your pet, so make sure you're watching for that.

I know its a long post, but if you read it all and understand it it will really help hunters in the 2000+ 2v2 bracket ( 4 red bulls and 2 hours to burn = long guide :P )

[Guide] How to play Hunter/Druid vs Hunter Warrior
    zoidberg891's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    good guide, +rep...tobad i dont have a hunter or druid >.>

Phunter72's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by zoidberg891 View Post
    good guide, +rep...tobad i dont have a hunter or druid >.>
    thanks for the rep!!

Couwae's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is pretty good. add some colour, because it looks boring. +rep though ^^

bobzzzz's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are hunt / war teams popular :P (name of ur post) but nice posst

NRK's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    An addition: with the next patch scare beast will become instant with a 30yards range. This will make it easier to get those annoying runaway druids and shamans.

phgn99's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wall of text crits you for 1337

laggy's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    stolen from arenajunkies

phorentez's Avatar Contributor

Thanks G/R
    1/18
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ye idd. i saw the text and i didnt began read becouse (Big-Time-Wall-Text) makes me cry xD

Modded's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Copy Pasta from Arenajunkies

hakundo's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hunter/Druid beats Hunter/Warrior easy_

# Dont let the pet die!

# CC Warrior with FreezingTraps-Cyclone-Cyclone-Roots-Roots-Trap
    ( you can build in bear charge/dash and scattershot )
    [ when DR on roots & trap is off, you can build a roots-trap rotation= 20sec drinking time ]

# Hunter does dps on druid, if possible: freezing trap helps a lot. Vipern Strings @ lowlife bear/casterform followed by silence shot

# scare beast helps dpsing

# Communicate with each other

= win