0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Scholo, room by room!!

The Scholomance Guide.
    A room-by-room guide to beating Scholo.

Before I go into this instance, there are a few things I�d like to clear up.
    1. LOS. The Line of Sight basically means casters need to see their targets to hit them, whether it is with a healing or damaging spell. This is untrue for mages� Arcane Missiles, which will continue casting even if the target moves out of range/LOS (but that�s a bug). LOS can be your worst enemy, or your best friend, it all depends how you use it.
    2. Aggro. This belongs to the warrior, let�s keep it that way. The ever-popular Taunt causes no aggro, damage causes a bit of aggro and special abilities like Sunder Armor and Revenge cause a bunch of aggro. Since tanks are to take damage, healers may ask them to use a shield. On fights where the tank needs to hold aggro, it helps if the team also does their best. Instead of using their most powerful attacks, they may want to use attacks that give less threat/aggro, and they may pause a few seconds between attacks.
    3. Magic vs. Melee. High armor really helps against melee mobs. However, it does nothing against magic. Be aware of this, especially in Scholo, where half the instance is against caster mobs. If you really want to be prepared, stock up on shadow, nature and frost resistance gear.
    4. Tactics. Agree on tactics before each fight. My proposed tactics are not the �right ones�. Nor are they the wrong ones. ALL tactics can work if the entire team follow them. The usual downfall of a tactic is someone who refuse to go along with it and use what he thinks is right.
    5. Know your class. Special skills and why your team picks you over another class. Being a paladin, I expect a lot from other paladins. We are brought for the buffs. Some like to heal, some to deal damage, but all should keep their buffs and auras straight at all times.
    Know your class, and if you will need reagents, bring them too. Hunters should never run out of ammo, paladins should always have symbol of kings and symbol of divinity, warlocks should have a handy supply of soul shards and so on and so on.

The run

The first room you enter will contain 4 skeletons. These are fairly easy to beat. The first two can even be pulled separately and soloed by a lvl 60. Kick their butts!

The next room will have two large stairs down. This room, as well as the next two rooms will be filled with mainly caster mobs. Paladins, stop that Devotion Aura, 1k armor isn�t gonna help at all. Put on Shadow Resistance Aura instead (I once met a man who ran Retribution Aura�cute idea, but again useless vs. casters).
    One skeleton patrol walks a route by these stairs, wait for him and take him out.
    The humanoids in this room use fear. And all humanoids in general run away at 10% health. I suggest getting the entire team back in the first room, then pulling the mobs up. The puller should aggro the mobs and run around the corner. Because of the LOS, all these casters will run up to the top of the stairs until they see the puller, then stop in nearly the same place for AoE spells or single-mob killing. Their fear won�t cause a threat anyways.
    Some groups like to shackle, sap and sheep. I�m no big fan of sheep. I like to control the battle, and a sheep can easily run into additional mobs, aggroing them.
    The spectrals can also split up into many tiny spectrals. They are one-hit kills, but the main spectral heals for the duration of the split. I recommend having a paladin or mage AoEing them right away.
    If you are in a raid, you will want to go straight for the door to the left in this room. Quest-runs will probably go into the room to get the first of the four deeds. Just keep pulling them up, and you�ll be fine.

Next up is the feared Summoner room. 5-man groups wipe, raids wipe. And on the easiest mobs in the game to beat.
    First clear the patrols. They can be pulled one by one to your doorway. Then get the ranged group (warlocks, hunters, mages, caster druids and shadow priests (assuming they are not healers on that run)) into the doorway. The real threat is the Dark Summoner in each group who will, if left alive, summon skeletons to defend himself. I�m not talking one or two, wiping groups often see 20-30 skeletons. In addition, they run away if you get close.
    Have a member of the melee group pull a Neophyte back to the stairs. These should all follow to that place if no ranged member hits them. It�ll give the rogues, paladins and warriors something to do.
    Meanwhile, the ranged group should all attack the summoner. He�ll go down in no time, and will stand still since noone is close.
    Some groups like to polymorph/sheep the summoners. Again, I�m not a fan. The groups don�t kill you, the adds do.
    To the right in this room is the balcony where you summon Kinthoros the Herald. If anyone in the group has Blood of the Innocents (you get this from doing the Scholo quest chain, takes 3 successful runs), use it here for 5-man quest, or just general loot.

Next room is very straight forward. Take it slow and kill everything in sight. You will now reach an intersection where you can choose 3 ways to go. To your left is the Viewing Room. To the front you have The Great Ossuary, and to the right is the Sunken Catacombs. In the corner of this room, you�ll also find the second deed if you are 5-manning the instance.

Let me paint you a picture of this part of the instance:

For the sake of writing a guide, let�s head down to Jandice�s room, the Sunken Catacombs. Most groups bypass this. The room contains primarily 2 types of mobs. Green bastards who emit a foul poison cloud when they die (nature damage btw, hunters should use nature resistance aura), and the trash mobs who have no health, but are very resistant to magic.
    Paladins, run Devotion Aura, lots of melee here.
    The green clouds can kill a player quite fast, so don�t let anyone be close when they die. One way of doing this is letting a paladin tank it (Righteous Fury and a lot of holy spells should hold aggro fairly well here). He can then stun the mob at 10% health or so, run away and throw a Hammer of Justice on it. Most groups clear only a small path to Jandice. I prefer to kill all mobs in the block closest to her as well. Again, most groups wipe due to adds, not what they are supposed to fight.
    When you finally get to Jandice, be prepared. You may want to make a macro with the line �/target Jandice�. She will split up during the fight and give you 10 mirrors of herself to hit. That macro can let you target her directly. You can also hit all the mirrors melee (AoE spells do not work against them, don�t waste your mana) to make them go away.

Back into the last room, you�ll now set your sights towards Rattlegore. He holds the key to the Viewing Room, where all the nice loot is. The first thing you�ll need to take on is a bunch of dragons. Use the LOS to your advantage. Have one person pull them by shooting first, then running to the side of the door. All the aggroed mobs will need to go to the same spot to see this person, which makes AoEing them very easy.
    You should not fight in this room. You may be knocked back and down to the room below, or you may even aggro one of the mobs below and pull an army of them up to you.

When done with this room. You�re ready for Rattlegore. This is a melee room, so Devotion Aura, pallys. Even one add in here can wipe the group. Use a priest to shackle if you have a bad pull. These guys hit very hard, and Rattlegore himself is crazy. Start by pulling the left mob, then the one to your right, then Rattlegore. He may bring up to two adds, but one is the max if the puller is awake. He will drop the Viewing Room key. Only one person gets this, and it can be used only once. That means is some idiots picks it up, and then leave the group or refuse to use it, the raid is effectively over now. (F�bian of Affinity is on our guild blacklist for doing just this)
    When you�re done with Rattlegore, you can do the paladin event in this room. This is the exact same as the mount quest for paladins, and can be started by paladins who have or have completed that quest. It works with 4 waves of spectrals to beat up, each with an aspect boss. After the 4th wave, a boss will summon. Kill him and grab his loot. This event is optional, and most groups don�t bother with it.

Going back to the room leading to the Viewing Room, watch for respawned patrols. The room with the Viewing Room Door is pretty much the same as Jandice�s room. Tackle the green guys with the same tactics, and you should be fine.

Congrats, Viewing Room�you�ve reached the fun part of the instance. Here, you�ll hear someone saying �Don�t talk to the students, they will aggro.� This is untrue, nothing happens if you talk to them. The only way to aggro them is a direct attack, which doesn�t happen by accident.
    You can also plant a Dawn�s Gambit to turn all the students into easy-to-kill skeletons. This require a bit of questing in Burning Steppes, UBRS and Winterspring, but gives 2 extra Corruptor�s Scourgestones for the group.
    The door in the far right corner leads to Ras Frostwhisper and his Laboratory, the left door leads to the 6 mini-bosses and Headmaster Gandling. Go right for now.

After clearing the 3 simple groups of mobs, you will face off with Ras. Paladins, it�s up to you whether you want Devotion Aura or Frost Resistance Aura, I�d recommend the latter though. Most groups give the tank a few seconds to build up aggro. Even after that, I wouldn�t want a caster to go all out on him. Remember, there�s nothing what so ever to gain from being highest damage dealer. Apart from his knockback and random frostbolts, he�s a fairly simple fight. If you are doing this 5-man, someone may wish to turn him human. In this case, let the tank keep him busy while someone turns him. Don�t do damage, he�ll get all the health back when he turns anyways.
    Warlocks will need this room for its lab, and the third deed is also located in this room.

Backtracking to the Viewing Room and beyond into the only untouched door, you�ll soon see 6 small rooms. Go downstairs first. I�m only going into details on boss fights down here, it�s THAT simple. The only thing to watch out for on the first boss is her Mind Control spell. She may make one of the players her minion. Don�t kill the player, kill her. Player can be feared or sheeped, but the best would be priests using Dispell Magic on them.

Second room, in my opinion the hardest fight in Scholo. The killer here is the boss� nasty aura which does damage to all in his range and interrupts spellcasting. Most groups call for shackling one add, entire groups killing the other, then killing the shackled add, then the boss. I don�t like it�by that time everyone has suffered at least 2k shadow damage from aura, leaving them vulnerable or the healer out of mana�either way it�s not good. I prefer having a hunter do massive aggro on the boss, then running to Ras� room. When he gets there, he should Feign Death, which should make the boss run back to the group. By the time he�s back, adds should be dead, no one seriously harmed and healers at near full mana. Surprise!
    This room also has the final deed.

3rd room has a very basic fight, just tank and kill.

Now, we�re going upstairs and starting with the room that has 100 dead guys. Tanking here is impossible, the trick is slowing them down. Mages with imp. blizzard is great, though they are quite slow anyways. Keep running around up there and AoEing when you get to a relatively safe distance, you should get them down without taking a single hit.
    Boss is a joke.

The Doctor�s room is harder. I recommend having a priest handy to shackle if you pull adds. Keep in mind that you should get away before the green guys die, and you should be fine.
    Boss fight is hard. He hits very hard, and he likes to forget all about who�s holding aggro. That means if the healer throws a heal at just that time, it gets all his aggro and will die in one hit. Same goes for mage. Tanks and hunters need to be aware of this and take aggro straight away if this happens. To the left and right are also corpuses to burn in quest runs.

Final room has caster humanoids. The special thing about them is that they can turn into shades at 20% life, which makes them immune to melee damage. All warriors and rogues should skip straight to the others when this happens. The rest can nuke them with magic.
    Boss is a joke.

When all the 6 minibosses are down, the headmaster appears in the middle of these rooms. You should get everyone out onto the ledge above him before starting the fight.
    Mages/druids should be aware, he will curse one to be a skeleton, often the tank. This will reduce some stats. Decursing is a good idea.
    He will also teleport random members alone into one of the 6 rooms with 3 elite undead to guard them. Kill these solo. Never mind their levels, they can be soloed by any class from 56 and up. (Basing this on my 56 holy priest doing it. If a holy priest can, you can!) Kill them quick and rejoin the action.

When the headmaster hits the dirt, you�re done. Congrats.

Scholo, room by room!!
    Shanaar's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sure all of these are from Allakhazam...
    http://wow.allakhazam.com/db/guides.html?guide=526