0/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Feral DPS Rotation

I will be developing my own LUA script which I hope to share in the near future for almost perfect feral DPS. My first step is finding the PERFECT rotation. (AKA the best one). Please give me your feedback on what the best rotation is, what I should include etc.

Example:
    Stealth if not in combat, if target is between X and X distance feral charge cat then use pounce and ravage. When target is casting use skullbash. If focus is set, use cyclone on predatory strikes.

I need EVERY detail. This will be extremely helpful in the development of this script.

Current Development:
    0% - [ |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| ] - 100%

Red - In-Complete
    Green - Complete
    Yellow - Testing
    Last edited by joboy_67; 07-14-2011 at 08:47 PM.

Feral DPS Rotation
    QtDemon's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    50/14
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmmm. Stealth if not in combat, always, Feral charge if between 5-25 yards (Range on feral charge cat), open with pounce, mangle, tigers fury, then apply rake, ravage, shred if below 5 combo points, then rip. Faerie Fire on low energy. (Allow ravage, rake, and rip to benefit from tigers fury). Now Skull Bash... this is a tough one, skull bash focus target of main target? I was thinking maybe skull bashing whichever is casting? (If no further then 13 yards). The cyclone focus on predatory strikes is a good idea, but remember Diminishing Returns, you can only cyclone 3 times. Perhaps, after those three (Unless 18 seconds have passed since the last cyclone, 20 seconds to be 100% safe) you could use predatory strikes on instant healing touches. Back to the rotation, after the first opener, getting rip off... If Rake, Rip, Faerie Fire and Mangle are all up with a decent duration... (Probably 4-6 seconds + on each, guessing) then shred, keep shredding until said duration, then re-apply whats necessary, priority would be Mangle first, then rake, then rip, if possible, apply these while under the effect of Tigers Fury, then back to shredding. About bite, it does massive damage in 4.2 so you reallllyyyy wanna push it in there somewhere, maybe a longer duration then the 4-6 seconds mentioned above, perhaps... bite if 10 seconds left on all DoTs and 5 combo points?

Also...! If rooted dash or stampeding roar maybe?

Hopefully this helped, just a quick brainstorm of feral rotation, pvp wise anyway, should work fine in pve too, just remove pounce and add cooldowns. 320 days, 17 hours played as feral druid typing this, 99 days 2 hours played at level 85.

joboy_67's Avatar Active Member Super Wiener CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    0/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Demongorgon View Post
    Hmmm. Stealth if not in combat, always, Feral charge if between 5-25 yards (Range on feral charge cat), open with pounce, mangle, tigers fury, then apply rake, ravage, shred if below 5 combo points, then rip. Faerie Fire on low energy. (Allow ravage, rake, and rip to benefit from tigers fury). Now Skull Bash... this is a tough one, skull bash focus target of main target? I was thinking maybe skull bashing whichever is casting? (If no further then 13 yards). The cyclone focus on predatory strikes is a good idea, but remember Diminishing Returns, you can only cyclone 3 times. Perhaps, after those three (Unless 18 seconds have passed since the last cyclone, 20 seconds to be 100% safe) you could use predatory strikes on instant healing touches. Back to the rotation, after the first opener, getting rip off... If Rake, Rip, Faerie Fire and Mangle are all up with a decent duration... (Probably 4-6 seconds + on each, guessing) then shred, keep shredding until said duration, then re-apply whats necessary, priority would be Mangle first, then rake, then rip, if possible, apply these while under the effect of Tigers Fury, then back to shredding. About bite, it does massive damage in 4.2 so you reallllyyyy wanna push it in there somewhere, maybe a longer duration then the 4-6 seconds mentioned above, perhaps... bite if 10 seconds left on all DoTs and 5 combo points?

Also...! If rooted dash or stampeding roar maybe?

Hopefully this helped, just a quick brainstorm of feral rotation, pvp wise anyway, should work fine in pve too, just remove pounce and add cooldowns. 320 days, 17 hours played as feral druid typing this, 99 days 2 hours played at level 85.
    This is good but 1 thing, the skull bash I was intending to be on your focus target. AKA you can set a healer to focus and then attack a diff char and it will auto cyclone the healer whenever it gets the change. Then after wards I would need it to go back into Cat form. Anyways I'm going to start this script later tonight, it won't be finished very soon because I am going on vacation tomorrow lol.

Thanks G/R
    50/14
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by jonni67 View Post
    This is good but 1 thing, the skull bash I was intending to be on your focus target. AKA you can set a healer to focus and then attack a diff char and it will auto cyclone the healer whenever it gets the change. Then after wards I would need it to go back into Cat form. Anyways I'm going to start this script later tonight, it won't be finished very soon because I am going on vacation tomorrow lol.
    Ah makes sense. :P Sounds good to me, i'd use it. xD

Have fun on your trip btw.

Ultraviolence's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How's it going? It seems like this will be a PvP oriented script, so I'm looking forward to it. I guess I could always try my hand at one thanks to the stuff Demongorgon posted. I wish more people would lay out the logic like that for other classes.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've decided to start scripting this myself. Demongorgon, could I ask how you manage self-heals?

joboy_67's Avatar Active Member Super Wiener CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    0/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got home yesterday, and to my surprise my grandfather passed away. I did some work and I have a skeleton ready, I just need to insert bulk stuff but it is no where to release and I don't know how much more work will go into it so I can't really write the % lol. The Feral PVE script was a good guide to get things rolling but I have yet to figure out how to get a behind target function working. I checked yours out but it's not that efficient.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, we just need to figure out how to monitor combat log events like the many addons that already do that.

Thanks G/R
    50/14
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Ultraviolence View Post
    I've decided to start scripting this myself. Demongorgon, could I ask how you manage self-heals?
    Sorry haven't checked this thread if a few days! D: Self heals... um, usually instant cast Healing Touch, also the glyph of Ferocious bite, which heals you for 1% of your health for each 10 extra energy used is nice, if its really necessary i pop out of cat form to toss a rejuvenation and a few stacks of Lifebloom then get right back into it. I don't see how you could put that into a script though, but i don't know! :P Thats usually what i do, i rarely ever hard cast healing touch on myself just because i usually rely off of all the automatic self healing abilities we ferals have. (Leader of the pack, Glyphed Bite, and Instant Casts)

I know a bit about other classes, but nothing compared to how much i know about ferals and druids in general. If you need any more questions feel free to ask, if i don't reply shoot me a PM. ^.^ Good luck, hope this helped.

demisehi's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Demongorgon View Post
    Sorry haven't checked this thread if a few days! D: Self heals... um, usually instant cast Healing Touch, also the glyph of Ferocious bite, which heals you for 1% of your health for each 10 extra energy used is nice, if its really necessary i pop out of cat form to toss a rejuvenation and a few stacks of Lifebloom then get right back into it. I don't see how you could put that into a script though, but i don't know! :P Thats usually what i do, i rarely ever hard cast healing touch on myself just because i usually rely off of all the automatic self healing abilities we ferals have. (Leader of the pack, Glyphed Bite, and Instant Casts)

I know a bit about other classes, but nothing compared to how much i know about ferals and druids in general. If you need any more questions feel free to ask, if i don't reply shoot me a PM. ^.^ Good luck, hope this helped.
    It is easy to do in a script. Check your player health, then Shift out, cast the heal, shift back. The framework is already supplied in my feral script.

Thanks G/R
    50/14
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by demisehi View Post
    It is easy to do in a script. Check your player health, then Shift out, cast the heal, shift back. The framework is already supplied in my feral script.
    Wow that's amazing! Hoping to see it soon :P