0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LuaNinja Shadow Priest DPS macro

Hey, just got into this whole macro thing, and i've made up a dps macro for my spirest. This is only the 1st version i plan on expanding it to deal with lag much better as well as multi target dps and dealing with fights that need a dps burst on targets such as jaraxxus or saurfang. Please leave comments or suggestions if you have any.

Code:
    /run if _G["VT"]==nil then _G["VT"]=GetTime() end;

/run local s,_,_,_,_,_,_,_=UnitChannelInfo("player"); if( s=="Mind Flay" ) then StopMacro(); end;

/run i=1 while(i<=40) do a={UnitDebuff("target",i)} if (a[1]=="Vampiric Touch")and a[8]=="player" and a[7]-GetTime()<1.2 and GetTime()-_G["VT"]>2 then _G["VT"]=GetTime(); CastSpellByName("Vampiric Touch"); StopMacro(); end i=i+1; end

/run local d=0; i=1 while(i<=40) do a={UnitDebuff("target",i)} if (a[1]=="Vampiric Touch")and a[8]=="player" then d=1; break end i=i+1; end if d==0 and GetTime()-_G["VT"]>2 then _G["VT"]=GetTime(); CastSpellByName("Vampiric Touch"); StopMacro(); end

/run local d=0; i=1 while(i<=40) do a={UnitDebuff("target",i)} if (a[1]=="Devouring Plague")and a[8]=="player" then d=1; break end i=i+1; end if (d==0) then CastSpellByName("Devouring Plague"); StopMacro(); end

/run if (GetSpellCooldown("Mind Blast") == 0) then CastSpellByName("Mind Blast"); StopMacro(); end

/run local _,_,_,n,_,_,_,_,_=UnitBuff("player","Shadow Weaving"); if( n>=5 and not UnitDebuff("target", "Shadow Word: Pain",unitCaster~="player") ) then RunMacroText("/use Nevermelting Ice Crystal"); CastSpellByName("Shadow Word: Pain"); StopMacro(); end

/run i=1 while(i<=40) do a={UnitDebuff("target",i)} if (a[1]=="Vampiric Touch")and a[8]=="player" and a[7]-GetTime()<2.4 then if (GetSpellCooldown("Shadow word: death") == 0) then CastSpellByName("Shadow Word: death"); StopMacro(); end end i=i+1; end

/run i=1 while(i<=40) do a={UnitDebuff("target",i)} if (a[1]=="Vampiric Touch")and a[8]=="player" and a[7]-GetTime()>2.4 then CastSpellByName("Mind Flay"); break end i=i+1; end

LuaNinja Shadow Priest DPS macro
    Viral Fly-by's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice macro SinterBlu...it looks like you have a good start there.

One thing I see in your macro you use this code:
    Code:
    not UnitDebuff("target", "Shadow Word: Pain",unitCaster~="player")
    I'm not sure who invented that syntax...but it doesn't work. I've tested it extensively on live and that does not work at all. You check for the debuff the way you are doing VT and Devouring Plague...that is the correct way to check for debuffs.

I notice you've got a hard-coded 2.4 in there...I'm guessing that is your Mind Flay channel time in your gear. Well it is possible to determine the exact time programmatically. That allows it to change as your gear changes...but more importantly, it allows the macro to function correctly during Bloodlust which is important. I've got a few macros that account for haste correctly like that if you want to see. I'll be starting my own thread soon so you can look there. =)