0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LV 80 Warlock destro PVP Spec - comment

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=IZbxcuMZVbGqrMuAoAcot

The deal behind this:

This is more fire orientated rather then shadow, the chaos bolt there is just for the fun, and it can be useful against those pesky rogues that clos or stupid shadow priest that got their shield up.

Damage rotation would be something like, curse of elements, succy doing her charms, soul fire>ready to cast shadowfury, then when shadowfury has been casted immediately fear and then incinerate, then fear is broken I think but if it is a caster just cast immolate and time conflagrate, when it is melee just let the melee come at you, just cast immolate, and when the melee is close cast shadowflame for the lulz and then death coil him. If they ever trinket out of seduction, just death coil > fear them , and when they are out of fear apply seduction again and dps the hell out of them.

This is just a test spec and the dps rotation could be very different, it depends on the player himself, now with the changes of 3.0.3 with seduction an instant cast, pvp warlocks could be considered "better" on 1v1 but I don't know how they work out in 2v2 or even 5v5, the destro talent tree is far from better and since the recent nerf with soul link and such, warlocks are just too weak in PvP in my opinion so they have to rely on burst damage rather then survivability. Hence using succubus for seduction, at least that will give a form of CC and whenever they will trinket out of it, you don't need to worry anymore that they will trinket out of your fear. But then again, almost all classes now got some anti-fear TP's , like fear reduction tp, feral can also get immune for fear etc. So it's a bit tad risky to rely on fear for the CC, and on the other side, the reason why I went for fire is because shadow isn't that good, like I said, the destro talent tree is far from being good since it actually supports fire moreoever then shadow, if you want to go for shadow, affliction is the way to go.

Do the impossible, see the invisible
    Row row, Fight the power.

LV 80 Warlock destro PVP Spec - comment
    prdtr's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

badamss's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    id personally spec demonology get metamorphis then go in the destruction tree, cus metamorphis jhust kicks

( + my rep please i need to get 5 to post my own thread!! )

cinderella's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    K I know this is a little old. But I'm looking for help.

I currently am playing on a server ( no pets/summons) So a lot of builds are shot right there.

Please suggest a build, also a little help on how you think it would be good would be nice.

Thanks

kkuro's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by [Soul Eater] View Post
    Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft

The deal behind this:

This is more fire orientated rather then shadow, the chaos bolt there is just for the fun, and it can be useful against those pesky rogues that clos or stupid shadow priest that got their shield up.

Damage rotation would be something like, curse of elements, succy doing her charms, soul fire>ready to cast shadowfury, then when shadowfury has been casted immediately fear and then incinerate, then fear is broken I think but if it is a caster just cast immolate and time conflagrate, when it is melee just let the melee come at you, just cast immolate, and when the melee is close cast shadowflame for the lulz and then death coil him. If they ever trinket out of seduction, just death coil > fear them , and when they are out of fear apply seduction again and dps the hell out of them.

This is just a test spec and the dps rotation could be very different, it depends on the player himself, now with the changes of 3.0.3 with seduction an instant cast, pvp warlocks could be considered "better" on 1v1 but I don't know how they work out in 2v2 or even 5v5, the destro talent tree is far from better and since the recent nerf with soul link and such, warlocks are just too weak in PvP in my opinion so they have to rely on burst damage rather then survivability. Hence using succubus for seduction, at least that will give a form of CC and whenever they will trinket out of it, you don't need to worry anymore that they will trinket out of your fear. But then again, almost all classes now got some anti-fear TP's , like fear reduction tp, feral can also get immune for fear etc. So it's a bit tad risky to rely on fear for the CC, and on the other side, the reason why I went for fire is because shadow isn't that good, like I said, the destro talent tree is far from being good since it actually supports fire moreoever then shadow, if you want to go for shadow, affliction is the way to go.
    Only thing I would recommend is a combat text mod that says when your spells proc, etc, in order for rotation to be spot on (since it isn't the average, 1. shadow bolt, 2. repeat 1.)

and the look of PvP right now is burst damage, the more the better. I'm surprised that destro locks aren't the top of the PvP chain.