0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Free" lowbie runs for your alt

First off, this isn't a HUGE scam, but for those of you that have many alts and hate finding groups/paying for a run, it's not bad.

I use this sparingly so as not to bring the names of my characters into "/2 ____ is a scammer, don't help him" and also because I have started 4x Multiboxing since doing it, but I tried it the other night and it still worked. It's not for everybody, but I have alts I very rarely play and it's fairly easy since nobody knows them or remembers them. My method:

Occasionally (at least on high population servers), you get high levels asking in /2 (trade) or /1 (general) to exchange runs of alts in ___ instance. I usually log onto my alt send them a tell, and can usually arrange to get my character run through first.

Get your exp/loot, and log. Then do one of two things:
    1. Stay logged out for a minute or two, then log back into your alt and apologize "Sorry, I forgot which toon I was playing, my 70 mage/whatever is actually on Stormrage/whatever realm". This one is a bit more hit and miss, since after doing it a few times, your name does get out there.
    2. Login your high level character, and then start the run. Load up VE Desktop (see the old Never lose an arena match exploit thread), and push your lag through the roof. Eventually the game becomes unplayable and you will inevitably wipe him. If it doesn't look believable in game, load up another copy of WoW (that'll chew up your RAM and lag your character's steps/actions). The other guy may get frustrated, and either give up, or (if you're lucky) give you another run if you explain your other character was fine. Submit a GM ticket, and go back to your alt saying he plays fine. Go back to the start of 2 once you're done, and eventually he'll give up.

"Free" lowbie runs for your alt
    buddhistgrandma's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are people who give free runs, you do know that, right?

tomaine's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yea how about we try and help people instead of always finding ways of ripping people off.. On my 70 i post in trade all the time saying i will run xxx instance and whoever wants to go there will be a no charge. People love it and they know after the first 10 kills or so you arent trying to rip them off and i even let them loot everything... geez what happened to being nice?

vi6six's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by buddhistgrandma View Post
    There are people who give free runs, you do know that, right?
    Of course, but I don't always want to wait, asking to trade runs in /2 tends to be quicker

Originally Posted by tomaine View Post
    yea how about we try and help people instead of always finding ways of ripping people off.. On my 70 i post in trade all the time saying i will run xxx instance and whoever wants to go there will be a no charge. People love it and they know after the first 10 kills or so you arent trying to rip them off and i even let them loot everything... geez what happened to being nice?
    Even living in Canada, I know not everybody is nice, and getting personal benefit at the expense of another is extremely common. A lot of the stuff in WoW Scams here seem to follow this principle, so I thought this was appropriate...?