Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

xC4t's Guide on How To Sell WoW Accounts without Being Scammed.

Well ive got about 2+ years experience with selling accounts, and scamming.
    The two go hand in hand like pb & j.

But you want to get PAID phat for your Game Account.

Heres a List of things that will help ease the process of selling, and hopefully prevent you from getting scammed.

( Things you will need )
    - Markeedragon.com Forum Account ( its free )
    - Trust Who Verification ( not required, but it helps ALOT to weed out the scammers from the legit dealers. )
    -Verified Paypal Account.
    - Grammar Skills.
    - Patience

What to do:
    Step 1: Now that you've got this Phat new MD Forum Account, you wanna make a post on how you want to sell the account you have.

Make it have a flashy title like (EDIT: Ty Royal for posting this)> ( < WTS [H] Rogue | 5.3k GS | Proto-drakes | T9 + S7 Gear | Alts + More!|> )

Make sure to include Screen shots of the character your selling, and a mywowarmory.com link to your chracter. ( NEVER POST YOUR WOWARMORY.COM ARMORY, BLIZZ CHECKS MD FORUMS AN SOMETIMES BANS ACCOUNTS THAT ARE BEING SOLD SO ALWAYS USE MYWOWARMORY.COM! until you get pmed or are asked by a potential buyer. )

Dont forget, Blotch out the character name in paint or photoshop, to protect your characters idenity!. I know people who have made this mistake an lost an account with rare mounts and Warglaives of Azzinoth.

No the owner QQ's to no end. ( dont be a fool )

Step 2. Make The post Look Proffesional.

- include stats
    - Titles
    - rare Mounts
    - Rare Acheivements
    - Gearscore ( it helps to show your char is a badass in the battlefield )

Once all this is all written, make sure near the end of the post add your aim name or msn e-mail so users can contact you with offers, and underneath that put " Post Here Before Contacting " So you can see who is trying to buy it from you, if they have no positive ratings, then dont even acknowledge them! 99% of the time if they have no pos. rating, or havent been a member for longer than 6 months they're trying to scam you )

Step 3: How To Make The Deal Succesfully.

- Make sure your buyer is willing to receive a phone call from you on their home number, ( you can check if its theyre number through yellowpages.com )
    If the Buyer isnt willing to do anything over the phone, find a new buyer !

( THERE IS NO REASON SOMONE SHOULD NOT BE ABLE TO ANSWER THEYRE HOUSE PHONE TO VERIFY THEY ARE WHO THEY SAY THEY ARE )

- Also Ask for theyre Paypal e-mail and check to see if they are verified by paypal. It helps to get a copy of their ID to be able to match the name and address to their paypal. For Most people this shouldnt be an issue.

- Now once youve verified that the buyer is who they say they are, You can proceed to the very delicate part of the deal.

Step 4. HOW TO TRADE THE INFO FOR MONEY!
    create a money request and send it to the paypal you want to receive money from (do not under any circumstances just go "kk, here is my paypal, please send me XXX" - you will get scammed for "item not received".

Now in the details of the transaction on paypal make sure to add this

"digital delivery of an intangible world of warcraft item - by accepting, buyer waives paypal buyer protection policy"

So in the off chance they try to scam you and Dispute the payment, paypal will lean in your favor, an let you keep the $$.

If they ask for info first, dont be afraid to give them the username and pass ( granted they are Trust Who verified ) if theyre not trust who verified, get the payment first , then give them the info )

Well This is my Guide, its never steered me wrong, took alot of trial an error in the Selling world to get this far an not get scammed

Thanks go to Markeedragon.com
    And Marcklam of MD for the Paypal Payment Description
    Last edited by XC4T4LY5TX; 01-22-2010 at 01:08 PM.

xC4t's Guide on How To Sell WoW Accounts without Being Scammed.
    DragoHorse's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    10/2
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like a good guide to not get scammed.
    Though i'm not going to use it, thanks anyway for sharing your guide =)
    +Rep

XC4T4LY5TX's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Np Just a Guide, dont use it if you dont need it, its mostly N00b And L33Cher friendly :/

Zylin's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In denmark our phonebooks rarely match if you have moved for the past 2-3 years. Also a scan of their ID, isnt that a bit dangerous considering that it could be used to steal your whole identity?

Btw: I have never traded wow accounts, so im not sure i understand how it works, thats why i am interested.

colincancer's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks! Just what I was looking for!
    +rep
    #JODYS'WATCHiN

x Royal x's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty decent guide. I just have 2 suggestions.
    1. Posting a thread with the title < WTS Super Awesome Account - LOOK INSIDE FOR MORE INFO > screams noob all over it. As a scammer, that'd be my #1 victim.
    "Intelligent" thread names really make scammers think twice about their victims. When I'm scamming, I look for idiots as for the most part only idiots can be scammed.

< WTS Super Awesome Account - LOOK INSIDE FOR MORE INFO > vs
    WTS [H] Rogue | 5.3k GS | Proto-drakes | T9 + S7 Gear | Alts + More!|

Is a no brainer. The secondary thread tells me, as a scammer, that person is more experienced and I shouldn't be wasting my time with him. In addition, it tells a potential buyer that the person has been on MD for a while or atleast knows how to sell, even though it may be their first ever post.

2. Even better than requesting is gifting. Have your buyer send payment to you via gift. I have seen some people who have still been able to recall their money although I followed your exact steps. Gifts cannot be recalled.
    ]

colincancer's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by x Royal x View Post
    Pretty decent guide. I just have 2 suggestions.
    1. Posting a thread with the title < WTS Super Awesome Account - LOOK INSIDE FOR MORE INFO > screams noob all over it. As a scammer, that'd be my #1 victim.
    "Intelligent" thread names really make scammers think twice about their victims. When I'm scamming, I look for idiots as for the most part only idiots can be scammed.

< WTS Super Awesome Account - LOOK INSIDE FOR MORE INFO > vs
    WTS [H] Rogue | 5.3k GS | Proto-drakes | T9 + S7 Gear | Alts + More!|

Is a no brainer. The secondary thread tells me, as a scammer, that person is more experienced and I shouldn't be wasting my time with him. In addition, it tells a potential buyer that the person has been on MD for a while or atleast knows how to sell, even though it may be their first ever post.

2. Even better than requesting is gifting. Have your buyer send payment to you via gift. I have seen some people who have still been able to recall their money although I followed your exact steps. Gifts cannot be recalled.
    thanks for the tips!
    #JODYS'WATCHiN

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Zylin View Post
    In denmark our phonebooks rarely match if you have moved for the past 2-3 years. Also a scan of their ID, isnt that a bit dangerous considering that it could be used to steal your whole identity?

Btw: I have never traded wow accounts, so im not sure i understand how it works, thats why i am interested.
    Well see, when your dealing online with WoW accounts you have to provide an ID just incase the person buying your account wants to change info on it, they need a copy of your ID to do so, as for the idenity theft thing, lol ID's dont do much for idenity theft, SSN numbers do lol

Troys's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i just got scammed the other day >.> wish i would have read this earlier im getting the account back from blizz anyway
    Pals 4 Life

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    :/ that sucks bro, well at least youve got this cool ass guide to help you out from now on

Henessy's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honestly, all I have to say is ......................................
    No one needs obvious information posted over and over again.

Originally Posted by Fallenparadox View Post
    another great idea is to sell it to multiple gold companies. simple and easy:

sell to company for their jewish prices, wait 2-3 days or so call blizz say your account got hacked yadda yadda your accounts back, sell to next account company rinse and repeat(i do not suggest doing this on normal people simply because its rude, however if toonstorm offers you 50$ for your fully geared account tell them sure )
    And no one needs to hear your shit about Jewish people.
    Last edited by Jchunx; 01-23-2010 at 07:18 PM. Reason: Double post

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Then dont read it you flamer

kentril's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nice guide man, +rep

meh's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As a serious noob to selling, and very protective of my account. Can you go into detail how/what steps you trade info? As original owner of the account what should I provide? All 3 cd-keys, (pictures? or are they bound into a battle.net account now?) Email address, since it's through battle.net now, what's the best method to switch emails? secret question and answer, should this be the last thing? or should it be changing emails? What's the turn around on getting your password reset if you give out email address + current password?

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1. If your dealing with a Trust Who Verified Memeber, you can give them your info first, Anyone else, ask for half of the payment first, then give them account name and password. then get other half of the payment, then give them SQA an
    2. CD-Keys Are not Required, but they help when selling your account.
    3. Switch e-mails through battle.net, and you cant change ur SQA without a long process dealing with Blizzard.
    4. if you think your getting scammed, an they have the info, an havent sent the rest of the payment, instantly change the e-mail and password. e-mail first so they cant login anymore.

Hope this helped u

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast