0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New Starcraft 2 Beta Scam

So Blizzard has announced that they're giving away Starcraft 2 Beta Keys on twitter, randomly to people who use the hash tag #SC2Fan

Their Official Account is here: StarCraft (StarCraft) on Twitter

What makes this eligible as a Scam is apparent if you read their rules here: Blizzard Entertainment - Twitter® StarCraft® 2 Biggest Fan Sweepstakes

All Sweepstakes winners will be notified via Twitter.com’s “direct message” system with instructions for claiming their respective prizes.
    Blizzard could not have made this easier for scammers to take advantage of... The rest is pretty self-explanatory, make an official-looking Starcraft 2 account on twitter, use twitter's search to find people using #SC2Fan, or if you're lazy, here: https://twitter.com/#search?q=%23sc2fan , then just start direct messaging them with a link to your phisher. Here's the bit I came up with.

Congratulations! You have been selected as part of the #SC2Fan contest as one of Starcraft's biggest fans! Just visit [PHISHER SITE HERE] to redeem your code!
    K so I actually got down to trying it and found out a few things.

1: that message is too long for twitter, so modify it however you feel fit.
    2: Twitter does not allow Direct Messaging to someone who is not following you, so you need to either @reply them or just do it to the tards who are following you (a few are with mine already)

Yes I know it would take a certain level of stupidity for someone to fall for this, but this is about as easy as distributing your phisher is gonna get!

Feel Free to leave constructive criticism below.
    Last edited by troidy; 08-15-2009 at 04:40 PM. Reason: quick update about DMing

New Starcraft 2 Beta Scam
    linkkid's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, huge idea. If I'm not too lazy I'll have to give this a try.