Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Spin on the AH scam (tested successful)

-----)(Please leave the copyright text intact)(-----
    This post is copyright by the user posting it and MMOwned.com - World of Warcraft Exploits,Hacks, Bots and Guides, where it was posted. You may not copy or reproduce this information on any other site without written permission from both the poster and MMOwned.com

Alright, this takes the simplicity of the AH scam but puts a spin on it to make it more believable/reliable.

The original AH scam goes as follows (credit to whomever posted it first.)

1. Create an alt and place an item (we'll refer to as X) in the AH for an overpriced.....price. (we'll set the amount at 20g)

2. Go on another alt (preferably high level or something with "bank" in the name if you don't have a high level available to you) and spam the trade channel that you want to buy X for some higher amount. (we'll say for 30g)

3. The trick of the scam is that the people browsing the AH should see the spam, search the AH for the item, find it for less and want to sell it for your amount to pocket some change. When they buyout the auction, that's when you have them. Logout and delete the alt, or /ignore if you're using a high level.

4. log onto your other alt and collect your auction money.

**This is a decent scam, and is rather harmless considering they buyout the item for their own benefit/personal gain**

Now my version of the scam is a little more ruthless: do steps 1 and 2 from above, but this time making sure to set the auction to 2 hours time; make the bid some odd number, the buyout a nice, clean-cut number, and do as follows:

3. Use that alt and /who a major capital city to find a victim. Try to pick a higher level so they'll more likely have money, but not too high or they may catch on from their time/experience of the game.

4. Spam your "target" and ask them if they could "do you a quick favor and check a bid for you in the AH" They will most likely do it for you, being that they're in the city anyway.

5. When you tell them the item to check, they will, of course find it. Ask for the bid price, when they tell you it, say something to the effect of
    "Dang it....that guy outbid me again! >_<"

6. Ask how much time is left in the auction; it will, of course read as Medium because the auction was set to 2 hours (if you really want this to be believable, wait until it says Short, or they may tell you to go to the city and do it yourself later on. Keep reading!)

7. Now is when you ask them the buyout price. When they tell you, reply with something like "Hmm, that's not too bad. I really need this item for [insert reason.]

7. Now say something to them that may go something like this:
    "I don't normally ask this of people, but if you buyout the auction for me so the jerk doesn't get it, we can meet up at [insert place] and I will tip you an additional [insert money amount] for the trouble. (I usually use 5g. It's not too big to be suspiscious, but not too little to be worthless.) Once they buyout, logout and delete the alt, or continue to the next step.

**This next/last step is optional, but I recommend it so the person doesn't realize it's a scam. Word travels very fast in big cities.**

8. When they buyout the auction, wait a few seconds and say to them, "Aw shoot man, I really have to get going, is there any way you can hold onto that [item] for me until tomorrow? (You can offer them a little more on the tip for the cause.) Now if they've agreed to everything up until this point, they will more than likely agree to holding onto it for a while, especially if you add onto the tip. Now just logout, delete the alt, and you scored some cash guilt-free. (sort of)

I've tested this personally, and 90% of the time it does work. Who wouldn't want to make an easy sum of money just for delivering an item? The 10% that didn't work was simply because they either had to leave or they didn't have the money for the buyout.

Good luck, People!

Your day will come.

Spin on the AH scam (tested successful)
    vamnon's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Spin on the AH scam (tested successful)

You could also ask them if the could CoD it to your alt then never pick it. That would work well if you have a special character in your name.

Flying Piggy's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/5
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good improvement on the AH scam .
    +rep .

Harrisaa9's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nice i will have to try this tonight

wtfx's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very nice, Just did this on some low level enchanting recipe:

Me: Hi, can you do me a favor?
    He: Sure, what can i do?
    Me: Could you check the auction house for [Item i put up the AH]
    He: Ok, its there for 2g 45s buyout.
    Me: Ok. I dont usually ask people this, but can you buy it for me and cod it to my main for a little more?
    He: Sure, whats the name of your main?
    Me: [Name that is offline and i dont know him]
    He: Ok sent, Good lucK!
    Me: Bye and thanks [Log off delete char and go on main]

Internet Sensei's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is.. flawless.

Dragonshadow's Avatar ★ Elder ★
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah. If only I had some free char slots.
    Look at your post, now back to mine; Now back to your post, now back to mine. Sadly, it isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate content, it could look like mine. Look down, backup, where are you? You're scrolling through threads, reading the post your post could look like. What did you post? Back at mine; It's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again and the reply is now diamonds.

Anything is possible when you think before you post. The moon is shrinking.

nightmare's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

instead of /ignore or delete char (they can always report you since you said its your main) say "Oh sorry, i brought it from another person a few seconds ago. Very sorry, bye!" ^.^ i usally do that

Solera's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im a total moron, but i dont understand the
    put something in AH for a higher amount then its worth (the 30g part)

if u wanted money, why would you have anything that even looks like its worth 20g?

my "main"
    is poor, and the only reason he is even near rich is cuz he gets a billion instance runs for rare drops... so... I basically have nothing that even LOOKS like it would be worth 30g
    Yeah, I r sekcz.

sineater213's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you dont get it Solera you buy lets say a krol blade for 50g you put it up on tha ah for 100g then you whisper someone saying that ur main is still being transferred but you really need that krol blade so they can cod to you for 150g. so you end up making ur money back and 50g