0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Proof you can change the last name!!!

So I read the post from stans dad about changing the last name on an account. I read Veyre saying this isn't possible ect. So I called up blizz on an account I was wanting to keep and ran through my speel.

I told them my father had passed away and my mom was marrying a new guy and I wanted to change the last name of the account. I told him I wanted to do this in fear of my account being compromised. The funny thing was he said accounts never get compromised and I would be safe, but I could change the last name. Here is the email I was sent on the way to change the account.

World of Warcraft - Legal Name Change‏

Sent: Wed 7/30/08 4:11 PM

Hello,

Each World of Warcraft account may be registered to a single user. Our Terms of Use dictate that only this registered user and one minor child of the user may use the account. This registered user must be over the age of 18 or of the age of majority in the country in which they live. If your legal name has changed, we would like to update the information on your World of Warcraft account to reflect this change.

In order to make a change of this nature, we will need to verify the change to your legal name. Please provide the following information:

1) A legible photocopy of government issued documentation of the name change, or of two forms of government issued photo ID showing your name before and after the change.
    2) A copy of the TOU form (found here: Blizzard Support) completed using your new legal name.

Please fax these materials to our Billing and Account Services department at (949) 725-0701. Alternatively, you may mail these materials to our office at the following address:

ATTN: Account Name Change
    Billing & Account Services
    Blizzard Entertainment
    PO Box 18979
    Irvine, CA 92623

If you have any questions regarding this procedure, please e-mail our Billing and Account Services department at [email protected] mailto:[email protected], or call us at (800) 592 - 5499 (Mon - Fri, 8am - 8pm PDT).

Regards,
    Justin T
    Billing & Account Services
    Blizzard Entertainment
    World of Warcraft Community Site

So I proceeded to read up on creating fake Id's thanks to Veryes thread and faxed in 2 Ids for the name change. I know have a nice shiny tier 6 account. NOTICE ACCORDING TO THE WOW LAWYER ITS STILL POSSIBLE TO GET THE ACCOUNT RECALLED. just very highly unlikely it will happen. pm me if you have any questions thanks.
    Last edited by hootiepoonie; 08-03-2008 at 12:17 AM.

Proof you can change the last name!!!
    Verye's Avatar The WoW Lawyer
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting.

1) A legible photocopy of government issued documentation of the name change, or of two forms of government issued photo ID showing your name before and after the change.
    It's the "or" that seals the deal here. Before, it was required that you send in ID and legal name change documentation (aka government papers). Now it's "or" instead of "and."

This is a change in policy, and therefore, it is now possible to change the name on a US account.

Note, it is also possible to change the name just over the phone if you get a Billing rep who doesn't like to follow rules. I explained that in Stan's thread. I didn't say it was impossible, I said that by current policy standards, Billing reps should not change the name without government papers. But they would anyway.

And now, you don't even need papers. Just IDs.

Nice find. +Rep
    Link to my guide: https://www.mmowned.com/forums/wow-g...rd-policy.html | I'm retired, please don't PM me. Thanks.

Chickensoup's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dont ask for rep

hootiepoonie's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ya sorry verye pmed me about that I edited out hehe sorry

Aelus's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/2
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where can I find this post by him on fake ID's?

hootiepoonie's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    its in verye's guide with everything to do with blizz in his sig. I followed that to a guide on creating the fake id's

Redicule's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmm idiot reposter

hey guys I would like to point out that this guy saw my post and pretty much just copied and pasted except for changing the names in the email I have had this up for a while and I checked and this thread was right above mine on the second page. Please dont award rep because it was my find thanks and please check out my post here:http://www.mmowned.com/forums/wow-sc...d-account.html
    Last edited by Redicule; 08-04-2008 at 12:37 PM.

Saaen's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Please provide a link to your post.(above poster)

Redicule's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    k guys please look at my post now