0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Details of Recalling and/or Keeping an Account

Hey guys, this basically explains recalling, how you secure scammed accounts, and how people can take them back. Note, all of this pertains to WoW US, and information be different or wrong for WoW EU accounts/players.

All of this should be common knowledge to a lot of scammers, but a lot of the newer ones may not know the details of recalling and securing an account. So, if you're new to scamming, or if you'd like to learn more about recalling

Recalling

After you scam an account, the person can simply do a password retrieval and get the account back almost instantly. But, this doesn't work if you change the account's email to your own, which you do by recalling it.

First off, an explanation of the word "recall."

Recalling an account is the act of calling up Blizzard's Billing & Account Services Department (also known as just "Billing") and saying that you want to update your email. If you can provide the account's first and last name, answer to secret question, and its phone number when you still had it, then they'll be able to set the account's e-mail to your e-mail. Recalling is generally supposed to be used if you get hacked, but it can be used to scam people or to get an account back after a scam.

Essentially, whoever owns the email owns the account, so this is a very important part of scamming.

Here's an example of how the conversation will go when you recall a WoW US account. Note, it may not go exactly like this, but it'll most likely go very similarly (if you are recalling a US account.)

Courtesy of Flawz. This example was written by Flawz and edited slightly by me.

-Blizzard: Hello this is Dave from Blizzard Billing and Account services. Can I have your phone-number first?
    -Me: 928-123-4587 (Tell them the number you're calling from, not the number on the account. Also, they may not ask this question.)
    -Blizzard: Alright thank you. How can I help you today?
    -Me: I'd like to update my WoW account's email. It appears my email account was deactivated when I changed ISP's and I'd like to change the e-mail on my account.
    -Blizzard: That shouldn't be a problem. I'm just going to ask you a few things.
    -Me: Okay.
    -Blizzard: What is your account name?
    -Me: <<Tell them the acc name you scammed>>
    -Blizzard: Alright, what is the registered first and last name on the account? (Note, they may simply say "what is your name." The point is, you're pretending to be that person. If they say "what is your name?", give them the name on the account.)
    -Me: <<Tell them the full name on the account you scammed>>
    (While you do this, you should spell out the name, letter-by-letter.)
    -Blizzard: (This next question is not always asked; I'm not exactly sure why. Basically, they'll ask what the current email on the account is. If they do and you know it, give it. If you do not know the answer, say that the email account was deactivated a long time ago and you don't remember it. If they then start asking you more questions, seem very suspicious, or refuse to go further, just hang up, wait a few minutes, and call again.)
    What is the current email on the account?

-Me: <<Tell them the email.>>
    -Blizzard: Alright, I need to know the secret answer to the secret question. <<Asks you the secret question>> If you don't know the answer to the secret question, they will probably ask for the original WoW CD-key, and/or the BC CD-key, and/or the last 4 digits of the credit card number recently on the account, or if it's a game card, the game card code.)
    -Me: <<Tell them the secret answer you scammed>>
    -Blizzard: Thank you. That is correct. What do you want the e-mail changed to?
    -Me: <<Tell them the e-mail you want it changed to...an e-mail address that you own and use>>
    -Blizzard: Done, is there anything else I can help you with today?
    -Me: That should be everything. Thank you very much. Bye.
    -Blizzard: Good bye.

To sum it up, they'll probably ask for phone number, then the account name, then the first and last name on the account, then possibly the current email, then the answer to the secret question (SQA), then they'll ask what email address you want it changed to.

Keeping the Account

Unfortunately, though, even if you do that (recalling the account), the person you scammed can simply call Blizzard's Billing and Account Services department and say they need their email changed, in short, they recall it back. All someone needs to know to recall an account is the first name, last name, and SQA of the account.

What I am about to explain is the most effective way of "securing" an account from being recalled after you've scammed it and have got the email changed to your own. This is for accounts that you want to keep for a while, or potentially permanently.

First off, keep in mind that you cannot get the name on an account changed.

What you have to do is scam Account A, get the e-mail changed to yours and get the last name. Then set up a second account, Account B, with Account A's last name. Transfer the character from Account A to Account B, then use MountainClimber or Cheatengine or whatever to get Account A banned. Then, send a fake ban email to the victim.

Getting the email changed just means that the person won't be able to instantly retrieve the password. Instead, they'll have to call Billing. Billing usually has a long hold line, and they're off on holidays on weekends. This is what you need to do to buy time for yourself so you can do what you need to do.

If you've understand what you've read, though, you'll see that securing an account from being recalled is not an easy task. You will have to go out and get WoW original, WoW BC, and pay for the transfer. That's about $30+$30+$15 (depending on where you are and where you get them...some places sell WoW for cheap) just to do all this. And if you don't have a lot of money, then that may be a problem for you. What I suggest is that you try to either win the CD keys in contests (unlikely), or go to a big trading site and scam them. Just make sure you don't give a too-good-to-be-true offer. Someone who's trading a BC CD key will be quite suspicious when you offer him a 70 full T6 Undead Warlock with a Netherdrake. Offer something that sounds good, but not too good. I recommend something like a level 62-67 character with just normal instance gear.

Anyway, once you've got the CD keys, you must make the account with Account A's last name. You can only transfer characters between accounts that have exactly the last name. So, don't go spend tons of money on WoW and BC unless you're absolutely sure you've got the correct last name on Account A.

And don't be worried about account B getting banned when you ban account A: They rarely ever ban multiple accounts, but when they do, it's almost always by payment information. As long as you use different credit cards (or just use game cards) for both accounts, you should be fine. I'd recommend you use different emails, too, though, just to be safe.

If both accounts have game cards or different CCs, and different emails, I guarantee you'll be fine.

Then, send the person a fake ban email from a site like www.fakemailer.net. If you're US, make it come from [email protected], if you're EU, make it come from [email protected].

Unfortunately, though, the person can still get their account and character back if this happens to them. To you scammers out there on MMOwned: this explains how your victims would be able to get their account and character back. There is no way to 100% recall proof an account and/or a character.

If someone has been scammed and their character has gone through this process, you follow these steps:

A. Call Billing and get the e-mail of Account A changed back to yours. They may do it and tell you it's banned, they may not do it because it's banned, or they may not mention anything at all. I'd suggest you say on the phone that you found a keylogger on your computer, your account got hacked, and you need help. They'll hopefully assume the ban was a result of the hacking. If they still won't change it, they'll tell you what you can do, which is begin dialogue with Account Administration and explain the situation to them. This may take time, but through this process you'll be able to get the e-mail changed back to yours.

B. Once the account is back in your possession, you send an e-mail to Account Administration ([email protected] for US, fill out this webform for EU: World of Warcraft Europe -> Support Webform) and explain your situation. You got hacked, you talked to Billing and got the e-mail changed back to yours, but you now see your account is banned. If it looks good enough, they will unban the account. If you've traded accounts in the past, or if you've bought powerleveling, or if you've done anything else suspicious like that, they also may conclude you willingly gave your account info and they might not unban the account. But, I'd say most of the time you'll get it unbanned, because you essentially were hacked.

C. While talking to Account Administration, say that one of your characters was transfered off of your account. List the character name and the realm it was on before it was transfered off. If the transfer happened within a certain time period (about 3 months), they'll reverse it and ban the account it was sent to. If it happened too long ago, they may just choose to do nothing, but it's also possible that they won't restore the character but they will ban the account it was sent to.

If you want to make a character as recall-proof as possible, you must ban the account after transfering the character off of it. This is a priority. Do not think you're in the clear just because you transfered the char off. If the account is not banned, it'll be relatively easy to get the account back, and then one or 2 emails/forms to AA will get the transfer reversed and get the char back on their account.

If you're having trouble finding a program that will permanently ban the account, ask around on MMOwned. Keep in mind that many programs will only give you 72 hour suspensions, and not permanent bans. A 72 hour suspension happening when you need a perma ban can jeopardize the whole plan, so please do your best to find a program that'll definitely close the account for good.

If any of you have any questions about any of this, please feel free to send me an MSN or AIM message, PM me, or reply to this post.

And if you want to read my extremely detailed guide containing this info, info on how to unban an account, and lots of other good things, please read it here: http://www.mmowned.com/forums/wow-ge...rd-policy.html
    Last edited by Verye; 11-01-2008 at 05:47 PM.
    Link to my guide: https://www.mmowned.com/forums/wow-g...rd-policy.html | I'm retired, please don't PM me. Thanks.

The Details of Recalling and/or Keeping an Account
    Flawz's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Want to know more about perfection? Read Verye's full guide on his sig!

Oh and nice guide, obviously, but I've already seen it
    Flawz > You. Discuss.

Phygar's Avatar ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    Thanks G/R
    7/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good one, Verye! Very nice!

jarza's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice guide!

I'm actually doing this right now.
    Last edited by jarza; 04-25-2008 at 07:42 PM.

sassafrass686's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The wall of text raped my soul...
    But +rep...

nothing9955's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can anyone ban an account for me ? AIM: proftang11, message me please

Gundz's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cool , ill give it a try.

Verye's Avatar The WoW Lawyer
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Gundz View Post
    Cool , ill give it a try.
    Don't say it like that. It's not like I invented some sort of new method or something.

This method has existed before it came to MMOwned...it's just a technique many people use to secure characters. In fact, it is the best way to secure characters.

All I've done is explained it in a simple way, and I've explained how someone can get their account and character back if this is done to them.

It's an explanation of a method, not a new method.
    Link to my guide: https://www.mmowned.com/forums/wow-g...rd-policy.html | I'm retired, please don't PM me. Thanks.

yanbo's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wet to the blizzard recall query page thing and gave them all the scammed accoutns details they needed. they then sent me an email saying i needed the last 3 numbers of the credit card used and ID such as drivers liscense or a passport.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yanbo, do you play WoW EU?

Chrommie's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Might i suggest Changing the name to yours and transfering it off to your own account? lol

enis's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    very good info, ill +k when i post this.
    on EU, they dont let you call the accounts admins, there;s a webform to do ur things.
    so just fill it up and it takes ages like 1-2 weeks to get a response!

earthstriker's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i test it later

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Chrommie View Post
    Might i suggest Changing the name to yours and transfering it off to your own account? lol
    You cannot change the last name or first name of a WoW US account without sending in legal papers.

Originally Posted by enis View Post
    very good info, ill +k when i post this.
    on EU, they dont let you call the accounts admins, there;s a webform to do ur things.
    so just fill it up and it takes ages like 1-2 weeks to get a response!
    Yep, I know this. This guide is directed towards WoW US players only.

Originally Posted by earthstriker View Post
    i test it later
    Test what? This technique has been around for years. It's nothing new. I just broke it down and made it "n00b-friendly".

artass's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice guide

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast