0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How to spend your scammed PayPal money

Just skip past this if you don't care about legalities and whatnot. The guide itself is right after the block of bolded text. Thanks. :wave:

This is my first guide on MMOwned, and although the information contained therein is accurate to the best of my knowledge, it should be taken with a grain of salt (or more). All information in this guide is purely hypothetical and does not reflect the views of the author or anyone else. This guide is for amusement purposes only and is fictional. Do not attempt the information contained in this guide unless you are willing to do so at your own risk. The author takes no responsibility for any physical or legal harm you may come to as a result of carrying out any of the acts mentioned in this guide.

Ok, some of you may have heard about those scams where you basically open a new PayPal, post a 70 character ad on an account selling site, and pretty much take the buyer's money and run. How you do this is your own business; I'm not going to go into detail about exactly how fast your PayPal gets locked, instead I'm going to tell you what to do to spend the money before your PayPal gets locked.

I'm assuming you live near a Safeway/convenience store that sells giftcards.
    You're going to want to do this before you scam someone....Go to the aforementioned Safeway/other store, and look for a Visa Greendot/Visa Simon Mall giftcard...it MUST be a Visa. Don't use Amex; I tried and it didn't work. Just make sure it says something on the back about spending it online. Just buy one with the smallest denomination possible. You're going to be losing most of it. Actually, try to buy a $50 one. I'll explain why later.

Once you're back at home or wherever your computer is, log on to the online account management thing that it tells you on the back of the card. Assuming that you followed my directions in the last paragraph, there will be a website on the back of the card.

When you get to the online account management thing, put in some fake details for the name/address of the card owner (you). This is to minimize the chance of you getting ****ed over. Finish registering the card for online use or whatever it tells you to. Once you have finished this step, your card is now ready for use online.

Sign in to the fake PayPal that you've made.
    (a real one works too, but if you had a real PayPal, why not do more stupid sh*t and use a real CC as well?)

Once you sign in to PayPal, click "Add New Credit Card". Follow the on-screen instructions, and fill in the card information from your newly bought prepaid Visa.
    Make sure to fill in the fake name/address details from the online registration....
    Click "Add Card".

Ok, now you've got a confirmed (but fake....so it doesn't matter) address for your PayPal. This will obviously not be your shipping address for mailing scammed goods to your house. This will not be a problem unless you're buying from an eBay seller/other online retailer that requires a Confirmed address. Whatever. It doesn't matter.

What you have done is that you've put a spending limit on your PayPal account. It's not very much, but unless you plan on scamming $2,000+ and landing your ass in a Federal prison, then it's enough for what we are trying to accomplish.

If you had a value of around $50 on your gift card, it is recommended that you follow this step. Now that you have the card in your PayPal, go on to any gamecard/cd key selling website, and buy some keys that come up to $50. I guess a WoW + TBC set would work, but it's your choice. Keep the keys and save them or use them. I don't care what you do.
    -------------------------------

Either you've used or you haven't used your card balance. At this point you now have an actual spending limit on your PayPal. Follow one of the many WoW PayPal scamming guides, and spend the money as soon as you get it. Alternatively, you can wait, but the money may get disputed. The faster you spend it, the better.
    Last edited by dronevil; 04-20-2008 at 10:57 PM. Reason: typos

How to spend your scammed PayPal money
    Raage's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulation. You've been fed to the ass-****ers. You honestly think, that people can get away with it? Really, you gotta be dumb then. An account in a game is much more different, than real cash.

Anyway, if I was you, I'd start sitting on something very very hard, cause your ass gotta get used to it

Good luck.

Zim619's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea.. That comment was completely unnecessary and comepletely arrogant.

You're putting in FAKE details for a prepaid visa, then using the same faked details for a paypal. Now, assuming you have any intelligence at all you'll be using a proxy. You're practically invisible. Fake details, masked ip.

Besides the fact, you put in a lot of, unnecessary commas, which made the read like listening, to someone stuttering.

Anotherfox's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whilst I applaud your eagerness to contribute I would maybe suggest that a person doesn't do this.

Ripping of a company for real money isn't a wise thing to do as they have a whole host of people that you dont't see (Lawyers, Debt Collecters, Data Trackers etc) and something may go wrong.

On another note berating someone because of their over-use of grammatical punctuation makes you sound extremely flippant and as such makes you sound arrogant as well.
    Just a thought.

dronevil's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Meh, you're not ripping anyone out of money except for the person you end up scamming. PayPal takes their fees as usual, so they're happy. They don't give a **** about people getting screwed over as long as money moves, and they get their cut of the money.

On another note, do not use a proxy (at least, a public one....paid VPNs work as far as I know, but they cost money.)
    PayPal will immediately detect your use of a proxy and limit your account. (!)
    This also holds true if you let someone else use your PayPal. As mentioned before, try paying for a VPN (virtual private network, google it).
    A good VPN will keep you anonymous as well as keep your PayPal safe from being Limited. Use common sense along with other computer/network knowledge, and you'll be fine. I personally never use a proxy with PayPal; it's simply too much of a hassle. Buying and selling accounts is against Blizzard's Terms of Use anyway, and all WoW-related things are their property anyway. This means that any legal action would have to be filed by Blizzard's legal team, and there are simply too many PayPal scammers out there for them to even deal with. Hope this helps...
    Last edited by dronevil; 04-21-2008 at 07:09 PM. Reason: added the bottom section.