0/7
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Arena][Druid] Restoration Druid - Q&A

After releasing 3 guides on this site here, I decided to go for a question & answer thread instead of another guide as I want to help people in every comp and any bracket and not just in 2v2 with a specific lineup.
    I was gladiator in every season since S3 and was always in the top10 of my battlegroup. Most of the time I was #1 lineup-wise in EU or worldwide and currently we are #1 in our battlegroup/ #5 in EU (all lineups).
    my recent guides:
    http://www.mmowned.com/forums/world-...our-mates.html
    http://www.mmowned.com/forums/world-...ids-arena.html
    http://www.mmowned.com/forums/world-...uid-rogue.html

If you have any questions about skills, lineups, glyphs, specs, ANYTHING...just feel free to post them here I hope I can help you!

[Arena][Druid] Restoration Druid - Q&A
    Ruudvan's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I play resto druid / blood dk and we have a minor problem with rogue teams, often we decide not to go for the rogue, and that leaves it to me to CC the rogue and later on DK to peel him, but the thing is it is very hard to cc the rogue, got any tips on CCing / kiting /peeling a rogue for DK/resto druid?

Jackie Moon's Avatar Elite User
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Blood spec would be your problem.
    Check out my YouTube: SkeetzGaming

Pepeh01's Avatar Corporal
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice guide

Classicclean's Avatar Constructeur de lá Fotz
    Thanks G/R
    0/7
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Ruudvan View Post
    I play resto druid / blood dk and we have a minor problem with rogue teams, often we decide not to go for the rogue, and that leaves it to me to CC the rogue and later on DK to peel him, but the thing is it is very hard to cc the rogue, got any tips on CCing / kiting /peeling a rogue for DK/resto druid?
    At first I suggest you to let your DK spec unholy as it's far superior to blood.
    Against rogue teams I wouldn't go for the rogue as recuperate is just to strong and nearly every rogue partner is a better focus target and you can prevent more dmg cc'ing the rogue than cc'ing the mage for example, as the mage won't deal that much dmg with a dk on him
    Most of the time the rogue will stick on your DK, so you can freely cc him. Just make sure you fake out counterspells if the rogue plays with a mage/lock. I also suggest you to never cyclone/root more than 2 times in a row. Just root him 2 times, cyclone him then or wait. The last split seconds (with double DR up) won't do much. Only do that if you are sure you can get a kill now. Otherwise you will leave him with more "free time" as you have to wait for the DR's to go. Also, cover your roots with fearie fire/insect swarm if he plays with a dispeller so the dispeller who is under pressure anyway, has to waste more globals to get his mate out of the CC. I hope I can help you and if you still have some open questions, just feel free to post them here.

Ruudvan's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks alot for the answer so fast ! What do you think about Resto druid / frost mage / dk? We are doing okey (about 1800) as both resto druid / frost mage and as resto druid / dk but but in 3s we are struggling alot. We really want to play this combo since we are all IRL friends. Got any tips? Would be greatly appreciated.

Ps thanks alot for the other macro guide, very useful !

---------- Post added at 06:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:41 PM ----------

Sorry for the miss, my mate is unholy!

Classicclean's Avatar Constructeur de lá Fotz
    Thanks G/R
    0/7
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Ruudvan View Post
    Thanks alot for the answer so fast ! What do you think about Resto druid / frost mage / dk? We are doing okey (about 1800) as both resto druid / frost mage and as resto druid / dk but but in 3s we are struggling alot. We really want to play this combo since we are all IRL friends. Got any tips? Would be greatly appreciated.

Ps thanks alot for the other macro guide, very useful !

---------- Post added at 06:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:41 PM ----------

Sorry for the miss, my mate is unholy!

I played this comp in S8 for a short time, we were #2 in our bg in no time with a winratio over 80% and I can see this comp working now, too. I think the lineup is fine and you shouldn't have that much problems apart from melee cleaves and rmp maybe.
    You have to make sure that you cc alot to take out the dmg, tell your mage to cc a dd when youre ccing a healer and rotate your sheeps, cyclones and roots to keep your opponents out of the fight. Try to get cooldowns while zerging a good focus target (mage, warrior, even dk with softcounter -> df) and if the target won't die make a quick switch on the healer with death grip -> strangulate -> gnaw. Quick switches are the key in this lineup

Ruudvan's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you, we have now switched the frost mage to a enhanchment shaman trying some new combos, so far its working out really good, fast switches against rmp have been our key so far

RockDon99's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm a multi-Glad holy paladin, so the basics of arena play are already ingrained in my style. I'm a master of LoS and position, however, I've decided to take on a more powerful arena class by playing druid. Just dinged 85 and am preparing to run MLD,WLD.

My problem is now going to be, since I'm moving from pally(No CC) to a druid(with clone/roots) How do you go about using your CCs without leaving yourself open for a major swap?

I have to play a more active role now instead of just defensive paladin style.

feliprex's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello classiclean, first thanks for your guides, they have done a big improvement on how I play Druid/warrior.
    But there's a comp that we cant beat(im playing still WOTLK on AT); ShamanELE/Lock Affli. Its just impossible to beat them, if my warrior stays on the lock, the shaman root him, frost shock, meanwhile the lock LoS, doting the warrior always putting pressure on him, and the same happens with the shaman, it keeps running with wolf+earthbind. If I fakecast something to throw a cylone/roots, always come the grounding or they LoS them.
    If im near the lock, I get feared every single time, on 1 fear my warrior gets killed, so i have to trinket it. I dont know what to do, plus, in heroism the shaman dispel all the hots I throw on my warrior.
    Any help would be very useful, thanks.