0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Warlock Pvp (arena)

If anyone has any questions due to lock pvp (arena) , send me a message on here and i will love to help any of you guys out....

Warlock Pvp (arena)
    Grande's Avatar Corporal
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by zayix View Post
    If anyone has any questions due to lock pvp (arena) , send me a message on here and i will love to help any of you guys out....
    Mate if want to tribute to the community please make a good opening post with helpfull information.

if we then have any questions we will find you're post with all the information that we need

but that is just my twocents

Bladestorm's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hay how 2 play warolck idk lol!

smileyuan1016's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    which talent of warlock is best in pvp?

ryanlist's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    depends on comp (if in arena) but affli mostly (5's prolly destro)
    bg's prolly destro so u can bust down a enemy b4 next one arrives xD compared to fear spam next arivves dot and fear that one (u kinda get overwhelmed)

mindoftw's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dont really understand what OP is trying to ask, are you asking us if we want to know how to PVP with a lock to send your a PM?

Tuckerboy5's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by smileyuan1016 View Post
    It depends really, I normally like to play affli with felhunter, you can also play destro with void. In bg's its personal preference. Demo is a big nono

omnisi's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Affliction is usually a bigger threat and more useful if you're playing lock healer in 2s, but an awesome double dps setup would be lock mage due to the seperate CC DRs and double CSs. But obviously destro would be best here as affliction would mess up poly. In 5s, affliction can be amazing if you start blowing UA on everyone during BL. Your team is guaranteed a full 40 second BL as a priest cant mass dispel. Well, obviously he can, but he'll blow up in the process.

Darays's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why is Demo such a nono? I have used that as my leveling spec to 80, and currently use it fr heriocs and started raiding. I have enjoyed moderate results with it in pvp, and enjoy the perks that spec comes with. Also can't afford Dual Spec atm. Any thoughts on how to improve or gear more towards demo for pvp?

Chsle's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey... I started to play my lock again.. atm i got 1.1k resi and 2.6k sp(abit low ye) and 650 haste.. but im like stock at 1200 rating.. i play LSD, as affli.. wich is a strong setup.. but seems like every match.. ppl just target me and boom dead.. i portal and HS and use void shield.... any surgestions? please..
    and thanks for making the thread

BaboonX's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Chsle View Post
    Hey... I started to play my lock again.. atm i got 1.1k resi and 2.6k sp(abit low ye) and 650 haste.. but im like stock at 1200 rating.. i play LSD, as affli.. wich is a strong setup.. but seems like every match.. ppl just target me and boom dead.. i portal and HS and use void shield.... any surgestions? please..
    Here's a few things you could do to avoid dieing.
    • Your druid needs to prehot you. He should know if they're going to be on you, it's easy to get a hang of what teams are going to target you most of the time.
    • Use Demon Armor. This is something you don't see low rated warlocks doing, but demon armor actually increases the healing done to you by 20%, along with increasing your armor. Defiantly game breaking.
    • Your shaman should hex against teams that don't have a curse dispel. For example, against TSG (Warrior, DK, Paladin) he should hex the warrior to get his trinket. Ounce you get there trinket, your druid should cyclone them.
    • Your shaman will probably need to heal most of the match, until you can get CC going and force momentum on your side. Shamans are all about controlling the match, and ONLY bursting when your team mates are.
    • Against Beastcleave (Shaman, Hunter, Paladin) your team mates need to get tremor (or send your pet in to kill it) before you fear. It will help you out a lot.
    • Have a strategy! Learn how you should beat the team, and then do it. For example, let's give you a strat against TSG when they go on you. Early hex on the warrior to get his trinket, then cyclone him - ounce you can't cyclone, try to coordinate a fear on paladin with roots on the warrior. Dot up the warrior and try to kill him (I don't play your set up, was just making a example)

One thing I really suggest you do is go to arena junkies and see if someone is playing your set up. You can watch what they do.

Another tip, depending on what team you are having problems against wizard cleaves, switch to destruction. It soft counters other wizard cleaves that don't have a destro lock. Ounce you get the hang of beating melee teams, and you are farming them, you should go destruction. Something high rated players do is spec according to what teams they have problems against. IE, a Priest Mage owns Warrior Druid, so there's no reason to spec improved armor talents. Instead, the priest should spec into less spell damage because most of the teams that beat you will be double DPS set ups, and warlocks.

Hope this helps, I don't play a warlock - but I understand all there abilities and actually played a friends lock to only about 2k :P
    Last edited by BaboonX; 06-28-2010 at 10:16 AM.

Chsle's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks alot BaboonX. Really nice answering :>

Grif's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Combat Maces rocks!

Robi13's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Chsle View Post
    First of all a few things that may be common sense but are too important to miss out on.

• If you are getting blown up that much i would say you should go destruction. As Destruction you got nether protection which helps against all targets that deal magic damage (so everything except BM hunter, warrior and SHD rogue pretty much) and Molten Skin.
    • Regarding pet choice you should always play with felhunter out. Only exeption is fel domination into voidwalker sacrifice to survive. Don't forget to not have Devour Magic and Spelllock on auto cast. Use macros to trigger them.
    • Get Addons to help you! Gladius, Interruptbar, Tidy plates with the Plugin Threat Plates Beta, XPerl, Quartz, DiminishingReturns and Lose Control are the addons that come to my mind when thinking about the most important.
    • Get the most important macros for warlocks (quotation marks are the macros, a slash is always at the beginning of a new line): "/focus" (to set a target into focus. most of the time you will focus the target you want to spelllock), "/petattack [@mouseover]" (for killing totems), "/cast Devour Magic [@NameofyourHealer]" (for removing CC from your team mates), "/cast Spell Lock [@focus]" (to spelllock your focus target. for target simply remove the @focus), "/cast Fear [@mouseover]" (to fear without changing targets. also works on the gladius frame! of course you shouldn't be clicking to use this kind of macro)

Now for LSD in specific:
    Your goal is to survive so long that you can get a full cc on 2 members of the other team and burst the 3rd one. For the beginning let your Druid cyclone what is in range. 2 Cyclones most of the time as a third one will nearly always be wasted. Get a mouseover UA macro ("/cast Unstable Affliction [@mouseover]") to protect the roots cast by your Druid or Shaman from being dispelled if you are playing affliction. If you are Destruction (as i recommend to you) simply burst the target that is in Line of Sight of both you and your Shaman. Call all Target switches and CCs of you out in Vent/Skype. Say if you need heal so that your shaman can heal you too. Simply try to not die and wait for an opportunity to fear one, hex/cyclone another and burst a third target.

Dunno if this helps you a bit but if you use the tips from BaboonX and these ones you should definitly do better.

Chsle's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks alot.. really helpfull stuff..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast