0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Taking WoW Account, Advice Needed

So I am looking to take an account that I have the login/pass for. The person gave me it, to let me use it and play around on it. He uses it still too.

So what i'm thinking of doing is changing his password, spoofing my email to look like blizzard's. Send him an email from blizzard saying the account was closed for account sharing. Now he has a guild, with a guild bank FULL of stuff...So i'm thinking of taking what I can for loot from the gbank, sending it to some of his alt chars and stuff so that its all gone from the bank. Then I will pay the cost to have the name change done.

If he thinks that the account is permenently closed, the chances of him contacting blizzard are slim to none you'd think.

Anyone have any advice? I need an email from blizzard that says the account was closed for account sharing. If someone can provide that, that would be great.

Taking WoW Account, Advice Needed
    XxKajxX's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't do it. If he gave you the account information, that means he trusts you. Now if he did something to screw you over or anything like that, I'd say go for it. But if he hasn't done anything to you just leave it alone and don't jack his account.

tsincaat's Avatar Contributor

Thanks G/R
    2/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Try and find out his email if you don't already know it, and compare it to the first letter of the email you can see on the WoW account management page. Then see if he's using the same password for it. If he is, then request an email change, and log on his email and accept the change. Then the only way he'll get his account back is if he phones or possibly emails blizzard.

Sending an email like you said would be good after you had the account, as he might assume that the account information becomes invalid when the account is banned.

turgeon's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the advice. I think everything has been covered besides clearing out gbank. He has around 3-5 tabs full of stuff. These tabs are like what, 98 slots per tab?

I was thinking of just doing /gdisband but then its all mailed to that char. If i do a name change, nothing can be in the mail.

Mailing like 300+ items will take a long, long time

Selfcleaningmug's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So this guys got a really good character with his own guild?

I think hes going to phone blizzard and find out what a sort of mate you are, also he'll be talking on msn/vent/teamspeak to members asking him why hes cleaning out the guild bank, and disbanding the guild,

Step 1, Login
    Step 2, Transfer the character to a new account (and realm)
    Step 3, Change the name of the character and your sorted,

In the end he'll still get it back,

turgeon's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes he has his own guild, its a small one. The character is in pretty crap gear, but is a 70.

What im trying to do is minimize his chance of calling blizzard by sending him that email saying the account was closed for account sharing. He knows that he has been sharing it, so he's caught with his pants down. Hopefully he wont call.

As for gdisband, im guessing he will probably think becasue the GM account was banned, the guild is closed.

Yodam's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    tbh thats a pretty big dick move. then again the ****er asked for it by giving his account info. IM pretty sure blizzard states that u should give ur account info to anyone. so legally, there are stating that they will not do anything about it.