11/21
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post your theory how Blizzard is detecging HB

I think its the matching of network IP address, they might have hacked HB clients networks and got ip addresses and then match it with their clients who log int their servers. that is just me speculating, What do you think guys?

Post your theory how Blizzard is detecging HB
  2. Thanks jackdanielsismyvitamin (1 members gave Thanks to Vinshom for this useful post)
    xcureanddisease's Avatar Legendary
    Thanks G/R
    74/235
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think they have a program that detects attached hooks or what not and decided to NEVER give anyone like that the benefit of the doubt which is the cause of so many waves

Jadd's Avatar 🐸 Premium Seller
    Thanks G/R
    81/333
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by xcureanddisease View Post
    I think they have a program that detects attached hooks or what not and decided to NEVER give anyone like that the benefit of the doubt which is the cause of so many waves
    Running fully internal bots/hacks/tools here. No bans.

5. Thanks jaczar, Miksu, Kaito92 (3 members gave Thanks to Jadd for this useful post)
    xcureanddisease's Avatar Legendary
    Thanks G/R
    74/235
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Jadd View Post
    You're either running something you made yourself or are lying. I ran HB for an hour on a new acct just to complete my daily quests and I was banned.. Shortest life span for an acct I've lost thus far but regardless, the ban was warranted because I botted. NOBODY is immune to bans, I dont give a shit how careful you are.

Vinshom's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    11/21
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am not kidding 10 minutes on a new account to make some rotation and I got banned LOL

By the way there are people who bot like Jed and were not banned too.
    Last edited by Vinshom; 11-22-2016 at 02:44 AM.

Sklug's Avatar ★ Elder ★
    Thanks G/R
    209/221
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're either running something you made yourself or are lying. I ran HB for an hour on a new acct just to complete my daily quests and I was banned.. Shortest life span for an acct I've lost thus far but regardless, the ban was warranted because I botted. NOBODY is immune to bans, I dont give a shit how careful you are.
    You are assuming a lot here, and I think it just stems by a lack of understanding on how hooking into memory works. That's ok, most don't understand it well.

All you really need to understand is that not all memory hooks are done in the same place. In other words, HB might be hooking some place and his own, self-made, internal bot is hooking to another place different. There isn't anything even wrong with reading all the memory there anyway. Hell, FRAPS uses this method. Do FRAPS users get banned ever? I never hear of it.

The reality is this. Blizz is going after the "bigger fish." Why expend effort and resources to identify some bot with a low population of users when you can investigate 1 program and knockout potentially hundreds of thousands of users? @Jadd never said he was immune to bans, he is just making the point that he is hooking into memory with his own custom bot and has not been banned, thus the blanket statement that Blizz can detect all hooks and bans on them is likely incorrect.

There are clever ways to disguise how you hook and where you hook and to disguise your action to seem like another action and be more stealthy. If he were to reveal his method then Blizz would know what to look for. With HB, all they need to do is figure out their latest method and then look for everyone doing it, and then they can ban rather easily. But, being able to detect HBs would not magically reveal how every other bot is doing it.

Turaly's Avatar Banned Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got banned on 2 accounts.

jaczar's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    144/84
    Trade Feedback
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reading the link on your location seems to be pretty explanatory... as well as usefull for a lot of other ideas...

xio8up's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    1/2
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Once upon a time. Apoc gave a source code to blizzard. Shortly After weird banwaves started appearing. Then more and more came after.

job.horde's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    blizzard can basicly ban all bot users instantly.
    Pretty sure they can see what ever you run on your pc.
    I multibox myself. once i reported an lag issue that was created by someone.
    And when the gm spoke to me he was saying Seems you have a layout of multiple window instances of wow open, could this not be the causing the lag issue.
    I felt like he could see my screens;-) Basicly i guess they can see everyones screen/pc and see what is open or not.

Just giving my thoughts about it.

gippy's Avatar Elite User
    Thanks G/R
    293/139
    Trade Feedback
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by job.horde View Post
    blizzard can basicly ban all bot users instantly.
    Pretty sure they can see what ever you run on your pc.
    I multibox myself. once i reported an lag issue that was created by someone.
    And when the gm spoke to me he was saying Seems you have a layout of multiple window instances of wow open, could this not be the causing the lag issue.
    I felt like he could see my screens;-) Basicly i guess they can see everyones screen/pc and see what is open or not.

Just giving my thoughts about it.
    Last year i put a ticket in and was waiting for a reply. Anyway i logged in and the window to chat to the gm popped up, we chatted and i said to him that i had been sitting on the log in screen for awhile so he was lucky to catch me online (which i had been, i'd opened wow then went afk without logging in). He replied with yeah i know, i was waiting for you to log in. It was quite strange.

-Ryuk-'s Avatar Elite User CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    38/51
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Jadd View Post
    Same here. I hook several places for botting & hacking purposes, no bans since using private tools(shared with friends).The idea that they are banning for "any hook" is quite frankly nonsense.I'm not sure about other people's private tools, but in my two biggest projects:1) Doesn't use LUA or any LUA functions at all.2) Uses LUA a little, but no via a public method.Personally, I think they are getting you "public botters" via LUA detections & server side algorithms. They could also be using the same method as they do with Diablo3 (&Heartstone?) which I believe hashes programs that have open handles to the game process. (however I haven't had time to look into this yet)
    |Leacher:11/2009|Donor:02/2010|Established Member:09/2010|Contributor:09/2010|Elite:08/2013|

Jadd's Avatar 🐸 Premium Seller
    Thanks G/R
    81/333
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Obviously running something I made myself. Why run anything else?

Valmere's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    16/31
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by gippy View Post
    Last year i put a ticket in and was waiting for a reply. Anyway i logged in and the window to chat to the gm popped up, we chatted and i said to him that i had been sitting on the log in screen for awhile so he was lucky to catch me online (which i had been, i'd opened wow then went afk without logging in). He replied with yeah i know, i was waiting for you to log in. It was quite strange.
    Back in '07 when my first account was banned, I remember sitting in booty bay doing the AH sniping thing since that was the new hotness. I had been getting angry whispers from people about reporting me etc and then a GM whispered me. I can't remember what he said but I remember my Kaspersky going nuts about incoming connections from blizzard. I don't remember how I setup the old version of kaspersky to do that but it was interesting. After denying the connections and saying something to the GM about it he kicked me off and banned the account
    wat

watchmetank's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did a small test i made new account after banwave last week and injected honorbuddy for exactly 1 Second. Banned after 5 days.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast