Thanks G/R
    14/8
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can GM see if multiple tickets are made by same account?

Hello, stupid question but I don't know anything about what GMs can do, so I ask.

I have a problem, I need to report a player but first GMs barely log on, second, a single ticket won't make much attention, so I was thinking about opening a ticket with every charater in my account to report a player that is hacking in arena and is getting rating day after day, he is ruining arenas because he has like 5-10 shadowpriests/balance druid flyhacking + speedhack and its impossible to kill them/him, and he is online 24/7 almost.

I don't know what to do, the gm logged some minutes ago, I whispered him about this guy and he logged off without replying to me, and without banning the guy obviously. I wrote to the other gm on skype and no reply from him aswell.

Its almost a week no one can join safe some arenas, because this d.ickhead is always ready with some priest/druid to snipe everyone, specially players at high rating, to make sure he will win the season. He has the main in top 5 and other char are getting closer to the top 10.

So in case I open multiple tickets, does the gm see they are from the same account, mine? I don't want to look stupid and alone... but a mass-ticket about a player is the only way to catch a gm's attention..And I can't do it alone and even with some friends i can do like 3-4 tickets..

What you think, is it a good idea to do multiple tickets on every char of same account or do I need to rely on community and ask every players to report the hacker?

Can GM see if multiple tickets are made by same account?
    TommyT's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    17/54
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What are you talking about whispering GMs? is this a private server or retail you are talking about ?

dealerx's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    14/8
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry I didnt say it, it's a private server.

Ortivin's Avatar Member Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    2/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello, dealerx.

Game Master's can see which account name you sent the ticket from, so it does not really matter if you change characters.
    If the GM have high enough GM Level (basically ranks to access more commands) he can see all characters on all account that you have created on your current IP address.

To simplify everything I wrote.
    Yes, any GM with access to the .pi (player information) command can see if you are sending a lot of tickets with multiple characters. (pretty much every GM Level have access to ".pi")

If the server have a forum just make a report on the player and attach a SS on your post of the guy flying as proof.

I hope I helped you out a bit,
    Have a great day!

5. Thanks dealerx (1 members gave Thanks to Ortivin for this useful post)
    Jaladhjin's Avatar Contributor Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    246/138
    Trade Feedback
    16 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by dealerx View Post
    Sorry I didnt say it, it's a private server.
    That's a huuuge detail to have left out ;-)

I would think about that like this..

Those private server "GMs" are a couple dudes in their homes..

After they wake up from a night of drinking.. eat a breakfast burrito or a cheesesteak.. bang either their girlfriend or the girl they brought home from the party.. send her off on her way.. maybe take a shower.. hit the bong a few times.. decide which hat to wear today..

They get on their computer for awhile & notice huh.. a single / few / bunch of messages about people cheating on our wow server..

Now then.. armed with that knowledge of player reports they have a decision to make.. from even 1 report.. do we care ?

Some definitely do.. & are proactive about stamping out cheats.. 1 report being as valuable as 10..

A far more effective thing you might do is post on the community site if they have one.. or any place they have threads about the server.. maybe even here discussing how people are ruining arena with fly / speed / etc

If they want to do something about it they will try.. if not.. idk what to tell yuh friend

To answer your specific question though of course they'd know if they cared enough to look into it..

7. Thanks dealerx (1 members gave Thanks to Jaladhjin for this useful post)
    dealerx's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    14/8
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for replies, the gms are so lazy, they log like once at month, for 2-3 minutes then log off, they never read tickets, never reply on skype, talk their own language which is not english and allow every kind of s.hit on their server. I had a ticket 2 months old and still not read by them, also i wrote to a gm on skype attaching a YouTube video with a clear proof of a guy flyhacking, I was frapsing, and all he said was "on my server?" then I replied "yes", obviously... and guess what? After 3 weeks he is not banned yet. Actually I don't care much because it was a video of an idiot flying in battleground, so even if it's lame I don't care unless he plays 2v2/3v3 where rating is involved and can be very harmful to players, specially high rated one because they loose a huge amount of points.

I'll open a ticket with my account 1, then change IP and open another one with account2..and then I will try to say everyone to report him, because now the situation is very sad, everyone is afraid of joining arenas and hes dominating the ladder with all his flyhackers shp/moonkins.