Trade Feedback
    15 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arena disqualification

Hello,

I am one of those that got disqualified this season and im wondering if making a ticket saying I was playing at work where there is a different IP with VPN and proxys to US / UK would work out. Or if they have really good evidence in cases like this where they actually tracked the IP from the pilot etc. Also wondering if anyone has had any success trying to dispute the disqualification. Here is the mail I recieved from blizzard;

Account Name: Anonymous
    Action: World of Warcraft Arena Disqualification
    Violation: Exploitive account sharing

One or more of your World of Warcraft characters have been disqualified from arena participation and rewards following the above violation of the World of Warcraft Terms of Use: (http://www.blizzard.com/company/about/termsofuse.html). The abuse that took place was an unacceptable detriment to other players, the integrity of the game world, and the quality of our service as a whole. Whether or not this violation occurred as the result of your own activity, you are held responsible for all activity associated with your game license.

Blizzard will not transfer or compensate any subscription time, purchases, or in-game value lost as a result of this disqualification.

Regards,

Customer Service
    Blizzard Entertainment
    https://battle.net/support

Arena disqualification
    CreativeXtent's Avatar Moderator Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    242/148
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you purchased any service, consider it impossible.

Kind of lucky they did not perma ban you.
    "the true wow experience is Maclone"

Incontrol's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    4/5
    Trade Feedback
    15 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by CreativeXtent View Post
    If you purchased any service, consider it impossible.

Kind of lucky they did not perma ban you.
    I did buy a pilot, sorry for not being more clear on that. Why do you consider it impossible?

CreativeXtent's Avatar Moderator Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    242/148
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if they got on your account and saw the IP they guy used. they can track all the accounts with the similar IP and will basically tell you to bad so sad.
    Last edited by CreativeXtent; 07-14-2015 at 05:13 PM.
    "the true wow experience is Maclone"

Thanks G/R
    4/5
    Trade Feedback
    15 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by CreativeXtent View Post
    if they got on your account and saw the IP they guy used. they can track all the accounts with the similar IP and will basically tell you to bad so sad.
    So how are people selling boosts in RBGs / Arenas gonna make money now? are they doomed or just rolling the PVE side of the business?

Aes's Avatar Former Staff CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    7/8
    Trade Feedback
    60 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    they dont DQ you by your IP. they DQ you because you went from being a 1750 player to a glad in 1 season.
    ( ͡°( ͡° ͜ʖ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ʖ ͡°) ͡°)

Thanks G/R
    4/5
    Trade Feedback
    15 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Aes View Post
    they dont DQ you by your IP. they DQ you because you went from being a 1750 player to a glad in 1 season.
    Wrong, I was actually good in TBC and have glads from that time, I was also a glad S14 and 15. So they must be tracking something else.

Thanks G/R
    7/8
    Trade Feedback
    60 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Incontrol View Post
    Wrong, I was actually good in TBC and have glads from that time, I was also a glad S14 and 15. So they must be tracking something else.
    probably got reported then. or the company you used dont take security measures like no vpns used or the same vpn for multiple boosts.

If one person got pulled for going 1550/1750-glad in a season and got checked out, and they find that 1 IP has 6 different accounts theyll just DQ all of them

Smitten's Avatar i want to believe who even plays wow anymore 🤔
    CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    909/1036
    Trade Feedback
    5 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you got DQ'd, you bought from bad piloters who weren't taking the appropriate precautions to protect your account.

There is next to zero chance of getting your title, I don't recall a case of a DQ ever being overturned.

Your best bet is to try and get a refund from the providers. All reputable piloters should give you a refund if you get DQ'd.

Good luck!

Thanks G/R
    7/8
    Trade Feedback
    60 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by 4096 View Post
    If you got DQ'd, you bought from bad piloters who weren't taking the appropriate precautions to protect your account.

There is next to zero chance of getting your title, I don't recall a case of a DQ ever being overturned.

Your best bet is to try and get a refund from the providers. All reputable piloters should give you a refund if you get DQ'd.

Good luck!
    Yep pretty much this. Dont pick a booster for the price. pay that little $100 more for something reputable and well known

Stevy's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/6
    Trade Feedback
    11 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    everyone who bought a glad / r1 boost this season got reset also a vpn & proxy does nothing its just something people say to give customers a false sense of security

Thanks G/R
    7/8
    Trade Feedback
    60 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Stevy View Post
    everyone who bought a glad / r1 boost this season got reset also a vpn & proxy does nothing its just something people say to give customers a false sense of security
    a vpn/proxy makes all the difference if you are selling arena boosts. If you are boosting 20 people in a season from 1 IP and one of them gets reported, IP checked, the rest will also go down. I have bought and sold many arena boosts before and saying a vpn/proxy doesnt work is a lie. It isnt the ONLY thing you should be doing, but its definitely something you should do.

really the only time a vpn/proxy doesnt matter is when you are mass botting or doing something like that, linking the accounts used is very easy without using IP as one of the data used.

Stevy's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/6
    Trade Feedback
    11 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Aes View Post
    a vpn/proxy makes all the difference if you are selling arena boosts. If you are boosting 20 people in a season from 1 IP and one of them gets reported, IP checked, the rest will also go down. I have bought and sold many arena boosts before and saying a vpn/proxy doesnt work is a lie. It isnt the ONLY thing you should be doing, but its definitely something you should do.

really the only time a vpn/proxy doesnt matter is when you are mass botting or doing something like that, linking the accounts used is very easy without using IP as one of the data used.
    websites who sell CD keys all have software the pierces proxies & vpns to pinpoint a customers real location to avoid fraud i really doubt blizzard doesnt use something like that aswell ?

Thanks G/R
    7/8
    Trade Feedback
    60 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    websites who sell CD keys all have software the pierces proxies & vpns to pinpoint a customers real location to avoid fraud i really doubt blizzard doesnt use something like that aswell ?
    Haha umm, if you have a GOOD proxy and have everything set up well that wont happen. And blizzard will not waste their time and resources trying to crack someones proxy over a title. Its a simple ip check, maybe a few other small things and probably their previous arena ratings.

Smitten's Avatar i want to believe who even plays wow anymore 🤔
    CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    909/1036
    Trade Feedback
    5 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No they didn't, I have no idea where you would have heard that. It just comes back to Incontrol's piloters not using the necessary precautions with his and their accounts during and after the pilot.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast