0/0
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

incoming ban wave????

My friend told me i should be scared because its a ban hammer in every year and they'll ban tons of botters permamently without any final warning.
    I thought they cant ban you permamently without sending a final warning before the perm.
    What he told is it right or my friend is just stupid?

incoming ban wave????
    Pdey's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    4/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    they can do everything.. last time a Gm told me some bots are known and supervised for more knowledge about bots to find/ban them easier

so: don't use honor buddy for gathering or so.. the mechanics of this bot are known to blizzard and not longer save

watch out for an bot which was less known
    Last edited by Pdey; 07-19-2013 at 05:52 AM.

Thaadevil's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    1/9
    Trade Feedback
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everything is safe, people that get banned for botting shouldn't bot anymore, the rest of us can continue.

CryptoCombat's Avatar Contributor #define ME 0x1337 CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol, honorbuddy is your best bet outside a private bot. I have used it for years without issue. Just make your own profiles if you're skilled.

esp3rae's Avatar Knight-Lieutenant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes they can but :

I got perma ban for Abuse of the economy / trade with gold selling companies without warning before, there are one week, just write a good request to explain your behavior and ask for a lesser sanction.

I got a deban, the GM explain me that my account was scammed, but its false, i really made business with gold selling companies and sold a lot of gold with this account.

Enjoy

PS : Bot it's not safe, so you can have a ban at all times, but try to make your bot less suspicious (take pause, change zone and gather materials with your own hands

healzzz's Avatar Knight
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Pdey View Post
    they can do everything.. last time a Gm told me some bots are known and supervised for more knowledge about bots to find/ban them easier

so: don't use honor buddy for gathering or so.. the mechanics of this bot are known to blizzard and not longer save

watch out for an bot which was less known
    honorbuddy is probably one of the safest bots there is. it just is also the most popular one, hence the number of people getting banned is huge compared with other bots. Its like comparing the number of bluescreens/crashes get from Windows 7 and Free BSD. Of course there will be more with Windows.

Sklug's Avatar ★ Elder ★
    Thanks G/R
    209/221
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes... Honorbuddy is quite good... don't fear it. You just need to be smart... Don't just blanket BOT for 12+ hrs... you should be interacting in /1 General when you can... maybe doing your Tillers farm everyday/... occasionally dailies and or a dungeon every once in a while. Also, if you use a lot of community profiles sooo many others are using them too and possibly are flagged. Also, it is very likely blizz has some decent character analysis software if your account gets reported for botting that can probably figure out things like "hey, this person does the exact same loop for hours and hours... not very human like" So, make your own mega profiles so it takes 2+ hours to do a single loop across multiple zones.

You just need to be smart about it which I understand has a learning curve so I hope this helps.

In regards to the ban hammer, your friend doesn't know. There usually are mass bans because it's easier for blizz to ban people in huge numbers rather than ban a few and the problem is fixed by the bot companies. So ya, mass bans can and do happen. The thing is, if it was coming in 2 days, you would have already been flagged and will be banned no matter what even if you stop now. Reality is your friend doesn't know though so don't get scared lol

Jacksquat's Avatar Corporal
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honorbuddy is protected legally by Germany's foreign laws which is why it's still running at full force. There will be no banwave, it's just empty threats to keep new botters in the dark. Can't vouch for any other botting software though. Honorbuddy changes it's offsets the hour of a new patch or hotfix with automated systems, it's impossible for Blizzard to detect you using it in-game. They will never actively watch your character, Blizzard fired or moved their in-game GMs to save more money. All of the in-game right-click report features aren't actually reporting anything, they're just there to appease the reporter to diffuse the situation. This is the main reason why it's very safe to bot BGs endlessly. The only time you will be investigated is when a player realizes the right-click report feature doesn't do anything and proceeds to make a live ticket anyways, or makes a phone call. As you can imagine this is rare due to the misconception that the right-click report feature is doing anything, and players don't want to take the time to make a ticket for the usual bots in BGs.

Now if you're buying gold I don't know how to minimize the risk of that because I just don't buy it. I would assume you need a $5 battlechest alternate account and rent a proxy server for a couple bucks but maybe not I don't know.

Sklug's Avatar ★ Elder ★
    Thanks G/R
    209/221
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Jacksquat View Post
    Honorbuddy is protected legally by Germany's foreign laws which is why it's still running at full force. There will be no banwave, it's just empty threats to keep new botters in the dark. Can't vouch for any other botting software though. Honorbuddy changes it's offsets the hour of a new patch or hotfix with automated systems, it's impossible for Blizzard to detect you using it in-game. They will never actively watch your character, Blizzard fired or moved their in-game GMs to save more money. All of the in-game right-click report features aren't actually reporting anything, they're just there to appease the reporter to diffuse the situation. This is the main reason why it's very safe to bot BGs endlessly. The only time you will be investigated is when a player realizes the right-click report feature doesn't do anything and proceeds to make a live ticket anyways, or makes a phone call. As you can imagine this is rare due to the misconception that the right-click report feature is doing anything, and players don't want to take the time to make a ticket for the usual bots in BGs.

Now if you're buying gold I don't know how to minimize the risk of that because I just don't buy it. I would assume you need a $5 battlechest alternate account and rent a proxy server for a couple bucks but maybe not I don't know.
    Umm.. this is not really true. I have a RL friend who works in Customer support for blizz and those reports are not there to appease people lol as they are actually investigated... The catch is that there are SOOO many reports that individual GMs don't investigate, but it flags them for software analysis review. This software only runs server side and only on those reported for botting. The reason of the mass layoffs was because they went from 12 million customers to 8 million... a 1/3 drop in customers means a need to adjust the number of support reps as well...

Castseven's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honorbuddy is protected legally by Germany's foreign laws which is why it's still running at full force. There will be no banwave, it's just empty threats to keep new botters in the dark.
    I don't know what you're smoking, but German law will NOT protect users of Honorbuddy from getting banned if they are caught.

Honorbuddy changes it's offsets the hour of a new patch or hotfix with automated systems, it's impossible for Blizzard to detect you using it in-game.
    Yeah, you really don't know that. I know you think you do, but you don't. I'm not saying Honorbuddy doesn't have a great track record, but presuming that it's "impossible" for Blizzard to detect is a fallacy. In software & technology, nothing is impossible, just less practical. It's all a question of time, money, and resources. (Just because you can't think of a way they'd be able to detect it, doesn't mean it's impossible - and I'm not saying it's likely either - just saying it is not "impossible")

All of the in-game right-click report features aren't actually reporting anything, they're just there to appease the reporter to diffuse the situation. This is the main reason why it's very safe to bot BGs endlessly. The only time you will be investigated is when a player realizes the right-click report feature doesn't do anything and proceeds to make a live ticket anyways, or makes a phone call. As you can imagine this is rare due to the misconception that the right-click report feature is doing anything, and players don't want to take the time to make a ticket for the usual bots in BGs.
    Absolutely false. Now you're just making stuff up and trying to sound like you know what you are talking about.
    Last edited by Castseven; 07-23-2013 at 05:34 AM.