Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Account] Multiple Users?

Hello everyone.

Me and my friend are currently in a tricky situation. She has a WoW: Cataclysm account, and she wants to share it with me. I know that there are a lot of guild members, etc. that use this to help each other one separate accounts, so I know it is possible.I have been using it for a while now, but recently her account has been getting locked, and they are threatening with a ban. I haven't used the account for about 3-4 months now, so I figured I would try it again, and take the right precautions to using her account. We live about seven hours away, so obviously our locations are not close, so I guess that is why they were locking me out.

I was wondering if there was a way for me to mask my IP, or to hide that I'm using someone else's account?

If there is a program, my current operating system, is Mac OSX Lion.

Thanks .

[Account] Multiple Users?
    Remus3's Avatar Hobby 3D Character Artist Ex-Super Mod CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    3/7
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The reason you are getting her account locked is strictly because of the difference in her ip and yours, masking it will do nothing to solve the problem

Blizzard has used this on multiple times on me(and i dont share often or risk being watched etc.), went to a buddies house maybe half mile away; to even a buddy in the UK and it locked me out with anything i tried for suspicious access. at least the reset password process is simple enough.

I personally don't know a way around it.

Think before you post. You can only get smarter by playing a smarter opponent.

ChemicalZero's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    These are the kind of things that annoy you, when cash-obsessed companies like Blizzard, can't spare 15$ a month. I'm sure there is some way around it, I know of people who get around it.

DK1989's Avatar Knight-Lieutenant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by ChemicalZero View Post
    These are the kind of things that annoy you, when cash-obsessed companies like Blizzard, can't spare 15$ a month. I'm sure there is some way around it, I know of people who get around it.
    It's not about the money, I spoke with a few GMs on this situation back when I was into buying/selling/leveling wow accounts for friends. Its purely a security thing where they don't want you to say "I leveled that level 85 warrior and I want my own account now, give me my warrior!" or "I'm mad at her and I want to play my warrior and she wants to raid at the same time". Since you cannot transfer toons across accounts that you don't own (obviously because of toon selling) they refuse to transfer anything. This is mainly just to save a ton of headaches.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by DK1989 View Post
    It's not about the money, I spoke with a few GMs on this situation back when I was into buying/selling/leveling wow accounts for friends. Its purely a security thing where they don't want you to say "I leveled that level 85 warrior and I want my own account now, give me my warrior!" or "I'm mad at her and I want to play my warrior and she wants to raid at the same time". Since you cannot transfer toons across accounts that you don't own (obviously because of toon selling) they refuse to transfer anything. This is mainly just to save a ton of headaches.
    Then again, that is a true statement. I guess it just causes trouble eventually. Oh well, hopefully someone here can still provide me with an option around it.

Angerfist's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Terms of Use forbids sharing your login information.
    So I hope when they locked you out or threatened with a ban u didnt reply, or u acted like u had no idea what they ment.

IF SO; my advice is to make a ticket/phone blizzard and come up with some kind of story that ur parents are divorced recently or something similar.(Use your imagination why u log different IP's :P )
    This do means that u cannot play on the same days as ur friend, or atleast 7 hours later. And if the acc ever gets suspended u always have the back-up story that u once phoned them or made a ticket about it in the past explaining the situation.

IF NOT; They will probably be on to your acc sharing activities and that will make it difficult.

Anyway i wish you luck!

Oh, and u could always get your own acc bequz playing together is much more fun!

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Angerfist View Post
    The Terms of Use forbids sharing your login information.
    So I hope when they locked you out or threatened with a ban u didnt reply, or u acted like u had no idea what they ment.

IF SO; my advice is to make a ticket/phone blizzard and come up with some kind of story that ur parents are divorced recently or something similar.(Use your imagination why u log different IP's :P )
    This do means that u cannot play on the same days as ur friend, or atleast 7 hours later. And if the acc ever gets suspended u always have the back-up story that u once phoned them or made a ticket about it in the past explaining the situation.

IF NOT; They will probably be on to your acc sharing activities and that will make it difficult.

Anyway i wish you luck!

Oh, and u could always get your own acc bequz playing together is much more fun!
    That sounds like an excellent idea. I will do that, and post back to tell you how it works. Thanks mate .

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It seemed to work just fine . I have been using the account now for a bit now without any further interruptions. Thanks .

Angerfist's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well that's nice m8
    Glad it worked out for you!