0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone else get banned today?

Just received a temp ban for hacking. I haven't used any hacks since before 4.2 so I'm just wondering if anyone else got banned for it as well. Seems they would have had to go back a few weeks to find that. Hopefully its just me.

Anyone else get banned today?
    Synris's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Didn't even know they had the ability / could be ****ed to go back and find out what you were doing.

Traxex84's Avatar Contributor Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    1/25
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Synris View Post
    Didn't even know they had the ability / could be ****ed to go back and find out what you were doing.
    Generally they know you have been hacking for a while and try to ban people in waves for bots and hacks (I assume that's why he is asking) so right now you could have a flag next to your account to ban you at an x date.

Anonie's Avatar Knight-Lieutenant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what were you using?

bobo's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was using WoWExt. I've also used lazybot for a long time but have never had any problems with it and as far as I know have never been reported botting. I always babysit when I bot. Here is a copy of the reason from the email.

Reason for Action: Terms of Use Violation -- Exploitative Activity: Unauthorized Cheat Programs ("Hacks")

This suspension happened because one or more characters on this account were identified using an unauthorized cheat program, also known as a "hack.". These programs provide character benefits normally not achievable in the World of Warcraft. Such benefits include, but are not limited to, increased speed, teleportation, or running through walls/boundaries. Use of these unauthorized programs harm the game environment because they offer an unfair advantage over other players and superscede the intended limits of the game.

Anonie's Avatar Knight-Lieutenant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    were you exploring and going to gm island? and/or just zipping around and questing/arch?

bobo's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mostly used it to travel around for Archeology. That said I play a rogue and always stealthed before teleporting and always fly either really high or below the ground. I also use it to teleport to old bosses to farm mounts. I never used in BG's and I've never been to GM island.

Not sure if Blizz monitors how fast you get to bosses in dungeons or if they pay attention to how fast you collect Archeology. Just a few things I've thought of that they may monitor.

---------- Post added at 04:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:44 AM ----------

Alos, it says its only a 3 day ban but I know they can change that to permabans after reviewing activity. I accept if the account is lost just putting all this out there for anyone else that may have used WoWext to watch out or lay low if they feel the need.

minihansen12's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fuuuuck you guys scared me! I was botting, and i got dc'ed so i thought i got banned ... All those " I got banned " thread atm? wtf?