Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How do the Chinese mail the entire WoW server? Can you help me do it?

Hello,

It has been a while since I have posted, but I have been reading from time to time.

As almost all World of Warcraft gamers would know, the Chinese tend to send out scam mails to the entire WoW server via the ingame mail.

I want to be able to do this, too. It wont be for scamming, it will be to promote some gold I want to sell on my server. I wont be continously spamming time and time again, it will only be on one server and one faction - not the entire community. I have morals and dont want to annoy everyone.

Can anyone help me or point me in the right direction for a method or way in which to do this? I am confident the way they do it is all automated and no one is sitting there doing it for them.

I would be happy to monetarily assist anyone who can help me reach my goal. Please reply here or PM.

Kind Regards,
    Krzysiek

How do the Chinese mail the entire WoW server? Can you help me do it?
    Zakeok's Avatar Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    3 letters l o l.

Danne206's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Zakeok View Post
    3 letters l o l.
    Great post, good job.

I haven't seen such a bot that's not private - you best bet would probably be to use one of theese whisper bots.
    Search it on here, you'll find lots.
    Dahnniel [DOT] s [AT] gmail [DOT] com

Zakeok's Avatar Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry i relay lold RL so :P & why would u do this? U need several accoutns cus many is gonna report so on and ul get banned.

Danne206's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry i relay lold RL so :P & why would u do this? U need several accoutns cus many is gonna report so on and ul get banned.
    Read his post again? He said clearly why he'd need this. He might have alot of accounts, we don't know, nor it is our buissnies, since he only asked for help, not our speculations :wave: .
    Dahnniel [DOT] s [AT] gmail [DOT] com

stoneharry's Avatar Moderator Harry

Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    151/146
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's a macro to message everyone on your who list a certain message. Dunno about mail.

Unholyshaman's Avatar ★ Elder ★
    Thanks G/R
    20/20
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    3 letters l o l.
    Please try keep your posts informative and useful. Otherwise they are just spam or post count farm.

Därkness's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I spose you'd need a way to collect character names, since /who doesn't show many, so possibly either make buy or find a bot that say sits in dal and does various /who commands and collects a database of names, and then get some variety of whisper/mailspam bot? That way you could mail people who werent online, and your messages could be set constantly so more out before you get banned.

All speculation, the hard part would be getting the character names as it would either take a long time if you uses say bitmap maskes to 'read' it off the screen, and it would be rather retarded and hard to implement, or find someone who can dump the names directly out of the game data. I wonder if a addon could do this..... hmmm.

"I shall call him Tufty," - Raest, Malazan Book of the Fallen.

krzysiek's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey guys,

Can I say.. very active and supportive around here!

As I mentioned in the first post, Im not worried about getting banned etc (I know it will happen and if it doesnt work for me then I wont be doing it for long) but I do think if I could get it working - it would help me out a lot.

I am familiar with some forms of those whisper bots, and I have used one to some extent before but I think they tend to generally annoy people a bit more, because they directly stop someone during their game time to get them to read / reply to you. We already get enough spam via whisper. If I cannot find what I am looking for though, I will gladly accept that as an alternative though.

I know that what I am looking for exists though, because we all have experienced people sending us mass mail to our internal wow mail accounts and many of us likely received them on more than one character - implying a name databse has been built up over time. I would just like to know how they go about doing it - but I doubt I can easily get in touch with them.

If there are any more suggestions I would gladly accept them, for now.. I will look into those whisper bot / macros you guys mentioned and see how they work (they were very rare back when I first tried to use the whisper bot, it was just a simple macro that was meant to invite people but modified to whispers - so you can see that it would have been quite dodgy)

Again, thanks for all the supportive replies. I will do my best now to rep all of you.

krzysiek's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    **UPDATE** (sorry for double post) I gave out as much rep as I could. I went from my post (above this one) up the page, so if you didnt receive I will add it for you soon.

Zakeok's Avatar Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ye sorry then : /
    Well There is a BOT that goes from 1-80 inving people to a guild. U can set the bot up to wisper them Like " Join my guild " but it can prolly be setup to Remove the ginv and just wisper il see what i can do u can find the bot here: http://www.mmowned.com/forums/wow-gu...ild-quick.html
    Last edited by Zakeok; 03-23-2010 at 04:49 AM.

Zylin's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ye sorry then : /
    Well There is a BOT that goes from 1-80 inving people to a guild. U can set the bot up to wisper them Like " Join my guild " but it can prolly be setup to Remove the ginv and just wisper il see what i can do u can find the bot here: http://www.mmowned.com/forums/wow-gu...ild-quick.html
    He already said he doesnt need it to whisper.
    But i guess for getting character names you could have a bot crawl the armory, and collect names from "x server" however about the mailing itself, i am unsure.

Därkness's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey again ^^ I have never ever even looked at trying to make a addon b4 lol, but ive been looking into dumping the names from WoW's who API. So far ive had successes, so im going to try and make a simple program to convert it into a list that is usuable and has extra data like level, and I have an idea to get around the who limit from server. Anyway i'll keep this thread posted, I can't work on it much though so don't hold ur breath xD.

EDIT: Btw if i manage to make a program that can dump names it shouldn't be hard to make a mail spam bot with just clicks and colour searching, although a more advanced one would take skill im lacking xD
    Last edited by Därkness; 03-23-2010 at 07:05 PM.

"I shall call him Tufty," - Raest, Malazan Book of the Fallen.

SaraQde's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    xD xD xD
    have nothing to say, just walk by...

joepromo's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would be interested in a mass mailer =)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast