Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is Blizzard ruining the World of Warcraft?

(Keep in mind that everything I bring up isn't brand new, I might be writing about old news but still bad news!)

Hello, I've been noticing all the changes Blizzard is implementing in their patches, like in the patch 2.4.3 they lowered the cost and level for the basic level 40 mount, to level 30 and from about 90g to 10g.
    And the barbershop? "Oh that guy has a cool beard and haircut, I'm gonna change mine so I can look just like him!", the character appearance is what is making all characters unique, even if there aren't many options to change, but still.

And resililence is what ruined PvP (Of course the loss of World PvP in TBC and WotLK contributed.) since now you have to have full season 6 gear to beat a player in full season 6, but in Pre-TBC the raid gear and pvp gear was sort of equal, you could PvP with both as they were about equally good.

But today I read the patch 3.2.0 patch notes and I'm shocked that they are lowering the mount costs and required level even more! Level 40 mount at level 20? Level 60 mount at level 40? Flying mount at level 60? Increased flight speed of the first flying mount (60%->150%?)?
    I mean seriously is the World of Warcraft so populated by 10 year olds tired of running for long distances?

The long traveling is a part of the game, in my oppinion the walking is a part of the game, for example the walk from Darnassus to Ironforge with your first Night Elf character, that is one thing you will never forget.

And does Blizzard have to lower the 'difficulty' of the game to a mental level of a retarded 7-year old with ADD? I mean COME ON!

I think they are destroying the game by lowering all level requirements. What's next? Tier 12 Raid Set at level 10? Plate skill at level 5?

They seriously have to stop making the game more suitable for people under 12 years old, it's after all a game dominated by people 15 years and up, otherwise people will stop playing World of Warcraft and move on to another MMORPG only to return to WoW, then notice all the new level requirements nerfes only to leave WoW again, it's a evil circle and Blizzard must do something about it.

It may not be the best writing, marvellous spelling and a good story but it's my oppinion of World of Warcraft today. (And keep in mind that it's written by me, a Swedish 14 year old boy.)

Peace out.

Is Blizzard ruining the World of Warcraft?
    Rocker's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, plain and simple Blizz is dumbing down the game for stupid 5 years olds to play.

mindlessy's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Fintie123 View Post

And resililence is what ruined PvP (Of course the loss of World PvP in TBC and WotLK contributed.) since now you have to have full season 6 gear to beat a player in full season 6, but in Pre-TBC the raid gear and pvp gear was sort of equal, you could PvP with both as they were about equally good.
    Did you play with pvp gear at this time ? the blue pvp set was very hard to obtain and quite weak in comparison to t1

Resilience concept = bad though.

But today I read the patch 3.2.0 patch notes and I'm shocked that they are lowering the mount costs and required level even more! Level 40 mount at level 20? Level 60 mount at level 40? Flying mount at level 60? Increased flight speed of the first flying mount (60%->150%?)?
    I mean seriously is the World of Warcraft so populated by 10 year olds tired of running for long distances?

The long traveling is a part of the game, in my oppinion the walking is a part of the game, for example the walk from Darnassus to Ironforge with your first Night Elf character, that is one thing you will never forget.
    When you look at it this is not so bad of a change, I hated long walks with a passion lol.
    Though I agree with you on the fact it destroys the experience of the once lvl 40 mount, where you had to save your money despite all the cool weapons on the AH and borrow money from your ingame friends to get the mount asap

---

WoW is really declining though...

Fintie123's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by mindlessy View Post
    Did you play with pvp gear at this time ? the blue pvp set was very hard to obtain and quite weak in comparison to t1

Resilience concept = bad though.

When you look at it this is not so bad of a change, I hated long walks with a passion lol.
    Though I agree with you on the fact it destroys the experience of the once lvl 40 mount, where you had to save your money despite all the cool weapons on the AH and borrow money from your ingame friends to get the mount asap

---

WoW is really declining though...
    Well in Pre-TBC all people wasn't in t1/t2/t3 gear, most people was just in blues and a few epics and that was pretty comparable to the rare PvP set (blue).

And of course you loved the moment you had to loan money from your friend to afford the level 40 mount and then delightfully strut around with the mount.

K A K A's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    for once the game has become less boreing
    Elopro wtf..You posted in giveaway section for giveing away a frozen acc? -Pms the info-
    Elopro - You said you would give me a gamecard

raze1225's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    no offence but your guys are the minority im 95% positive that just bout every1 will be continue playing and when theyre leveling an alt or gearing up a fresh 80 they wont qq about these changes

haxito's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yes, they are doing it.

at least for players that are a bit hardcore and not just casuals.

I suppose cassuals will be happy with the "new wow"

Gunzarles's Avatar Active Member

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also think its a stupid idea with changing the lvls for mounts.
    Running around on your feet till lvl 40 was annoying, but that just made it more special to get there!
    Also the long leveling time will keep the small impatient kids away from Raiding which there makes the older and more mature players happier.
    And whats up with the reduced XP they made at 30-69, and RAF(Recruit a Friend) is just stupid.

Also some of you might remember the start of TBC with the PUGs, you never had to ask for proof if people actually had tried that instance.
    Today in WOTLK even people with gear and/or achievement will most likely suck.

So basicly:
    Fast leveling = Lots of kids/idiots/impatient people
    Slow leveling = Lots of mature/patient/smart people
    Last edited by Gunzarles; 06-23-2009 at 03:50 PM.

Cardell's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree I remember when I was new to WoW and MMORPG's infact, and if i saw a players with a mount, ild be like "Woah hes rich" and when i finally worked my way up for one, a week later it was cheaper and for level 30, i was more annoyed than ever, but guess i carried on, but yes, WoW is going to end up like city of heroes if anyone played it, basically even a new players could get to the top level in a matter of days.

devilman590's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK i should tell u this my oldest brother works for blizz and only reason they are making everything easier is because to many people were complaining how hard it was... abou the resilience they made that for strict pvp beacause of pvp servers they would were raid gear and get ganked by the oppisite faction during a WB and if you got to complain about the game on this site just dont bother if you dont like it then dont play it plain and simple

spectre123's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And does Blizzard have to lower the 'difficulty' of the game to a mental level of a retarded 7-year old with ADD? I mean COME ON!
    I lol'ed at that.

[Ban Hammer]'s Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Blizzards ruins the game for every hardcore player out there.

Blizzard improves the game for every moron out there.

End of story.

Link34543's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I see what's going on here, Blizz is going to dumb down Warcraft so hardcore players get sick of it.
    But before the hardcores leave, Blizz is going to release that new mmo they're working on, and it's going to be targeted at the hardcore players!
    Then they're going to rake in profits from WoW and their new mmo! Those fiends!

[Blackstorm]'s Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Damn right I will never forget that . Omg that was such an awesome trip back in pre-BC.

Blizz IS ruining WoW....when Southshore and Tarren Mill was never safe...where hundreds gather around normal mounts...where thousands would gather around epic mounts....deadmines was f***in awesome the first time i came in there, now when i enter new instances in wotlk im just like "okay i just want my goddamn quest item from here". i dont see the EXPLORING part of this game anymore!

imo its World of Touristcraft

Fintie123's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finally some people who understand that Blizzard Entertainment is ruining the game for hardcore / Pre-TBC players and making it better for the people below the age recommendation!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast