Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Challenge] Master of Climbing

Introduction:

Last week I was leveling my mage together with Hurricaanz, when we got bored in Sentinel Hill and decided to climb the walls surrounding the village.

After spending some time figuring out how to climb the walls, we finally managed to do it (on lvl 20 toons), and we realised that it felt extremely refreshing. It was no big feat. It was no great achievement.. But it felt good

We thought we'd share the joys of climbing challenging places with you guys, so we come up with an idea.

Everyone enjoys the MoE challenge threads, and so do we. So we thought of making another sort of challenge thread.

But.. How could we make it work? People could easily cheat in this kind of challenge, so I took my time to boil up some rules.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rules:

1: When making a challenge, you must post either a video or screenshot showing the entire area in which the climbing will be happening.

2: When making a challenge, you have to post proof that you have reached the ending of the climbing stage.

3: When making a challenge, you must point out the ending point of the challenge. (and preferable also a starting point, though this is not required.)

4: When making a challenge, you are allowed to make up your own rules for example: No mounts allowed, max. character level allowed: 40, no mage abilities allowed, glider is not allowed, etc. etc.. But ONLY if you followed these rules yourself while completing the challenge.
    If the rules seem absurd, and people demand proof that you completed it yourself under your conditions, you will have to explain yourself or deliver the proof until your fellow challengers are satisfied. If doing so makes the challenge too easy, it is up to you whether or not you wish to change the rules or challenge, or just give the tip away.
    If you do not do anything about your challenge, it will be disqualified.(Related to^)
    Also: Adding rules such as "Only mages are allowed" is not allowed. Even if it's only possible for mages, everyone should be allowed to give it a shot. Who knows? They might end up completing it anyway.

5: When completing a challenge, you must have footage of how you did it as to prove that you didn't cheat. Either have someone else record you, or record yourself. This footage must contain you completing the challenge in 1 go without any editing. Imagine having to start over every time you fall. That's how I want it to be. Flying back up to where you got to, or just fading the video all the time, is not allowed.

6: When completing a challenge, you have to post a new challenge within 24 hours.

7: If a challenge is disqualified, the previous challenge will become the current challenge once again.

8: There are no restrictions as for the maximum difficulty allowed. (Unless it is impossible)

9: Only climbing challenges are allowed. Please keep in mind that this is a climbing thread, not a general exploration thread

10: Macro-climbing is not allowed. But it's up to you, how or if you want people to prove, that they aren't using a macro, when you make your challenge.
    Originally Posted by SoNET View Post
    First one to post their picture wins

Need a reason? Okay!

Some of you might have slow internet or a slow computer, and so, even if you get there first, it will take time for you to render your video and upload it. Or maybe you want to add music to it? I don't want the reason for someone's loss to be their computer specs, or their internet connection.

Though, of course, if you take way too long, someone else will probably be allowed to have a go at it.

Edit: I believe you guys won't abuse this to cheat your way to become the first person to complete something. It'd be mighty awkward if you ended up actually being unable to do it as well Be a fair player!

Edit 2: After further consideration, I have decided that this is how it will stay for now. If we experience any complications with it further on, I will add a complicated rule to avoid the abuse of this rule.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On a side note:

I understand that these rules can be complicated to a certain degree, and that it's a lot of work for a single challenge, but I've seen how dedicated you people are, and how much passion you put into exploration. I am certain that at least some of you will love to make a great deal out of your posts with videos and such.

Also, please note that this post is not meant for brainless posting that hasn't been taken care of properly. Please take your time with your challenges, and make your posts as good as can be

The point of this thread is to improve everyone's exploration skills, as well as giving everyone a good time. Even if you don't manage to be the first person to complete the challenge, you can still go back and do it just for fun

I hope everyone will be pleased with this thread and show some support. I believe this kind of challenge could become a great new addition to our community

If you have anything you want to add or point out, please don't hesitate to do so. (But be gentle. My heart is very fragile<3)

From SoNET and Hurricaanz to all of the community!

On to the first challenge!

As mentioned earlier we got the idea from our climbing in Sentinel Hill, so of course we'll start out with that one

Place:

Starting at the green circle. Ending at the red/blue/green flag.. We'll just call the flag the OC flag from now on, okay? (Yes, ofc you can use it!)

Proof:

Rules:

Max level allowed is 20.
    Ground mounts are allowed.
    You're not allowed to get help from anyone above your level, but apart from that you can be as many as you'd like.
    You can use any item available to your character/level.

Remember to record it
    Last edited by SoNET; 03-31-2014 at 03:16 AM.

[Challenge] Master of Climbing
    Ziozi's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds awesome i'll give it a go!

btw - is it okay to post the challenge and wait like a few hours to come up with a new challenge as you gotta go and do something entirely new (the MoE is just finding a screenshot in your folder)

Dante's Avatar M.L.G. ╰ ╯╰ ╯ ╰ ╯ ╰ ╯ CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    132/141
    Trade Feedback
    5 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a perfect wall to climb, as shown in your post of battlegrounds Ziozi Will give this a go and please sticky this if it is a sucess!
    I don't have a skype account. Contact me through pms or through discord.

Hurricaanz's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    1/12
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Ziozi View Post

btw - is it okay to post the challenge and wait like a few hours to come up with a new challenge as you gotta go and do something entirely new (the MoE is just finding a screenshot in your folder)
    Yes, as long as you wont take TOO long

https://www.youtube.com/user/Codescafter

SoNET's Avatar Contributor Sha of Happiness CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Ziozi View Post

Yes, that is perfectly okay. I'm sure we'd all much rather have to wait a couple of excited hours, rather than having a boring challenge which will be completed in 2 minutes

Edit: Added it to the rules
    Last edited by SoNET; 05-14-2013 at 08:41 AM.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here it is!

Rule diden't say anything about hunters ^-^

New:

This is a fairly easy challenge as i thought i would find something quick to get this thread kicking
    Rules:
    Only thing allowed here is 60% mount (AKA be under lvl 40)
    you can not get help from any1 above your lvl
    and you are not allowed to use any class specific designs, only walk and 60% mount!
    Last edited by Ziozi; 05-14-2013 at 09:26 AM.

Elektropop's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    10/5
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love this thread! +rep
    I just finnished the first challenge solo using the non class specific way SoNET used (His picture got some clues in it for those who are interested in reaching it themselfs ) and I'd love to jump into Ziozi's aswell.
    Climbing this brought back some memories from Wotlk exploration outside of instances and I loved it!
    Hope it's okay if I post my own pic aswell:

I know I'm 27, but I got no level 20 around atm and my method works no different than it would on a level 20. This is just a personal feat anyways, sence the challenge has already been solved.
    I might level one to compete with future challenges though!
    Naww

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah i'm actually also lvl 29 but that doesn't really matter! I dont see the diffrence between lvl 20 and 39?

but i might just lvl one to lvl 20 just for that..

WizardTrokair's Avatar <Walks Through Walls>
    Thanks G/R
    192/148
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to SoNET again."
    +7 rep for Hurricaanz for sharing this challenge with the community!

A wonderful idea for a thread. Absolutely brilliant! Looking forward to being able to participate... even though my climbing skills are shit.
    ...and looking very forward to Mista Katz eventually shutting down the thread with his Magic Glue Shoes.

skipper1's Avatar Legendary
    Thanks G/R
    56/22
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Will post video when its done rendering. Too easy Ziozi :>

Will post new challenge in ~10 mins
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails [Challenge] Master of Climbing-wowscrnshot051413172636-jpg  
    Last edited by skipper1; 05-14-2013 at 11:19 AM.

Woona's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/3
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just posting for fun. Skipper still needs to put up a new challenge

[Challenge] Master of Climbing-wowscrnshot_051413_175711-jpg

Hurricaanz's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    1/12
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Elektropop View Post
    I love this thread! +rep
    I just finnished the first challenge solo using the non class specific way SoNET used (His picture got some clues in it for those who are interested in reaching it themselfs ) and I'd love to jump into Ziozi's aswell.
    Climbing this brought back some memories from Wotlk exploration outside of instances and I loved it!
    That is the main reason we wanted to create this thread I'm glad you guys liked the idea! Looking forward for some awesome climbs

https://www.youtube.com/user/Codescafter

SoNET's Avatar Contributor Sha of Happiness CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm overjoyed to see all this positive feedback

Originally Posted by WizardTrokair View Post
    ...and looking very forward to Mista Katz eventually shutting down the thread with his Magic Glue Shoes.
    But this scares me..o.o

skipper1's Avatar Legendary
    Thanks G/R
    56/22
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ill pass it over to Woona!
    Last edited by skipper1; 05-14-2013 at 12:32 PM.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Me and Woona just did your challenge Skipper - gonna go fraps it now!

Page 1 of 23 12345 ... LastLast