0/3
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by WizardTrokair View Post
    I'd be more patient. Some challenges around here (like in the HM thread) have taken up to 4 months to solve.
    Let it sit for a while.
    The thing is that a challenge of this difficulty is what killed the thread last time. The vast majority of people simply can't do it and don't want to spend hours or even days just to get lucky and make it. It basically means this thread is going to hop back and forth between a couple of people who solve eachothers challenges, rather than a large group of explorers all chipping in (like the challenge threads).

[Challenge] Master of Climbing
    WizardTrokair's Avatar <Walks Through Walls>
    Thanks G/R
    192/148
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Understood and agreed... but I think there needs to be some middle ground between waiting 3 days and 4 months. One is impatient while the other is languishing.
    I'm not the OP, and the OP doesn't visit / post often, so people can do what they will... but he didn't call the thread "Climbing Game for Everyone To Play".
    Personally think that a thread titled "Master of ____" should be dominated by... masters.

(It used to be people won a trophy for being the best... nowadays the coddle-culture seems to be "include everyone or someone will be upset". Catering to the vast majority is part of the problem with this entire planet, IMO.)

MylesCore's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    2/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Understood and agreed... but I think there needs to be some middle ground between waiting 3 days and 4 months. One is impatient while the other is languishing.
    I'm not the OP, and the OP doesn't visit / post often, so people can do what they will... but he didn't call the thread "Climbing Game for Everyone To Play".
    Personally think that a thread titled "Master of ____" should be dominated by... masters.

(It used to be people won a trophy for being the best... nowadays the coddle-culture seems to be "include everyone or someone will be upset". Catering to the vast majority is part of the problem with this entire planet, IMO.)
    This gonna try this challenge when i get some gametime
    Last edited by MylesCore; 11-01-2014 at 08:34 PM.
    Who needs a map.

SoNET's Avatar Contributor Sha of Happiness CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aye, though I rarely ever reply, I still do check up on the thread every once in a while. Hi.

I agree with Trokair's statement. I did not create this thread for newbies, to get a nice introduction to the way of the climbers, nor did I make this thread, so casual explorers would have something to do in their free-time.
    As the title of the thread suggests, the point is to find the true masters of climbing.

The OP of a truly difficult challenge will be the one to decide if, and when a new challenge is required to replace the "impossible" one.

Cheers~

asdfx123's Avatar Elite User
    Thanks G/R
    39/36
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As announced, here an alternative challenge. Anyway, you can still do the previous one if you want to. I just want to give you the opportunity to choose which challenge you would like to do. Here it comes:

[Challenge] Master of Climbing-wowscrnshot_102814_185744-jpg

Start: Green mark
    End: Red mark
    [Challenge] Master of Climbing-wowscrnshot_102814_185704-jpg

[Challenge] Master of Climbing-wowscrnshot_102814_185148-jpg

Rules: It CAN be done only with 100% mount and a few optional normal jumps. However, you are allowed to use whatever you want, no restrictions this time.

- Jaburius

Thanks G/R
    39/36
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another week passed... here my solution for motivation: [Challenge] Master of Climbing - Zul Farrak (2) - YouTube
    It's a bit longer because it was something like a "freestyle" climb without path.

I hope that someone solves one of the two open challenges (Zul Farrak + Dun Morogh Waterfalls) soon... (-:

- Jaburius

Thanks G/R
    39/36
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nobody wants to solve my challenges as it seems. I would like to offer a new one which is quite a bit easier. That might motivate more people to try it.

Challenge: "Escape" the DK starting place (WALLCLIMBING ONLY)

Start: You can start wherever you want.
    End: Simply get behind the invisible walls that covers the area. (So that you are able to drive to Stratholm for example)

Allowed: Everything. However, the challenge is to wallclimb behind the invisible walls and not to use any other glitches.
    Hint: There's a gap in the invisible wall (located in the mountains).

You can still solve one of the old challenges if you want.

- Jaburius
    Last edited by asdfx123; 11-23-2014 at 08:47 AM.

skipper1's Avatar Legendary
    Thanks G/R
    56/22
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I might look into either one of those later today and see if I can come up with something new

Hazzbazzy's Avatar wannabe hackerlol Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    244/484
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it's also because WoD came out; exploration is a thing I tend to do when I have a free moment, I do like to play the game normally sometimes :P
    "HOLY TIME MACHINE BATMAN! it's 1973!"
    https://youtube.com/Hazzbazzy

Zulch's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    10/5
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really impressive stuff!. I have never been the walljumping crack but I love challenges, so I'll try to beat the waterfall one
    Last edited by Zulch; 11-26-2014 at 07:21 PM.

Thanks G/R
    10/5
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, so today I finally managed to get the Dun Morogh Waterfall Challenge on tape. Note that I basically started with Walljumping when I stumbled onto this thread some days ago, so it's not ideal and includes some fails. (Also it took me way more than 3 1/2 minutes, but I figured this restriction got removed earlier)
    Beside that I didn't use any class abilities or macros and as a bonus I carried a friend all the way up there. Thanks to Nitorious for accompanying me.

Thanks Jaburius for the challenge and for introducing me to walljumping
    Also I have to admit that my attempt is based on your sample solution, hope you dont mind.

Thanks G/R
    39/36
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Zulch, I love your version of the climb! Very well done. And you said you are not so good at climbing?! This truely was a good wallclimb.
    All my rep for your achievement. I'm looking forward to your challenge.

In hope to see more amazing climbs from you,
    - Jaburius

WizardTrokair's Avatar <Walks Through Walls>
    Thanks G/R
    192/148
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +9 to Zulch for completing this difficult challenge! Welcome to the community.
    That was one hell of a climb. I still can't get the more difficult jumps completed. That back-and-forth stuff gets me every time.

And you've got my DJ mix playing in the background! How can I not love it.
    The mix is Nugato City, here's a link to the full version for anyone that likes that sort of thing:
    https://soundcloud.com/frantic/nugato-city

Thanks G/R
    10/5
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well thank you for the warm welcome and the reps
    Still searching for a good next challenge, will host it this weekend!

And you've got my DJ mix playing in the background! How can I not love it.
    Yeah I heard that in one of your videos and had to look it up, really great tune!

Thanks G/R
    10/5
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Figured out a new challenge. It's more based on precise jumps and creativity than on actual climbing. I hope you like it thou

Menethil - The floor is lava!

Overview:

Start/Goal:

Rules:
    - The water and ground (ground means some soil/grass/ground texture, you might enter buildings thou) is lava! You are not allowed to touch it at any time!
    - You are allowed to stand and move on any solid hitbox like the sandbags lying around, aswell as houses, walls and so on.
    - No items or class abilities of any kind!
    - No flying mount!
    - 100% ground mount is allowed and necessary.
    - The goal is to stand on top of the shown lantern.
    Last edited by Zulch; 11-28-2014 at 08:01 AM.