Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[5.0.5b][Engineering] Easy Way Out of Grim Batol for Engineers

Afternoon Ownedcore Community!

Now before I get into anything, I did end up finding this myself, and in hindsight I probably should have done a search before hand to make sure this wasn't a repost. Now, Dellion released something similar to this at this link Grim Batol Exploration. So credits to Dellion for initially finding it, and this way is easier using MoP items.

Items needed:

Engineer at least 550 level.
    Gnomish Gravity Well
    Goblin Glider Cloak Tinker

Basically follow what the video does. It is very simple, use the Gnomish Gravity Well right int he middle of the room that the quest givers are. When you get over the top of the ceiling in the area, use your Goblin Glider and glide towards the outside area of the instances (in the general direction of the instance portal, but not directly though it.)

Once you are out, I found out that you can actually mount on some flying mounts. The cloud serpents work, as shown in the video. I am sure some of the mounts that drop in DS will work as well. I am not sure if this was possible pre-MoP, since Dellion never actually mounted on a flying mount. I would like to see what you guys find with this as well, it might just be with the cloud serpents only. My theory: it is because you can fly on the mounts in the beginning of the instance. They had to enable flying in the instance are the beginning area to allow for that script to happen. As shown in the video, you can see I actually get dismounted and cannot use both the cloud serpents or the Gnomish Gravity Well anymore, hence being out of that flying area. When in the area you can fly, it is a good idea to use the Goblin Glider again to get to the areas that you cannot fly to.

So enough text, here is the video! Enjoy!

Thank you for viewing the video, be sure to visit my channel in my signature for more of my explorations! I would also like to encourage people see if we can find other instances where the Gnomish Gravity Well can be used in. It is a powerful tool, and in rare occasions such as this it can be used in instances.

Until Next Time...
    Teryaki
    Last edited by Teryaki; 10-11-2012 at 06:05 PM.
    My Exploration Channel: Teryaki's Channel
    Teryaki#1806

[5.0.5b][Engineering] Easy Way Out of Grim Batol for Engineers
    WizardTrokair's Avatar <Walks Through Walls>
    Thanks G/R
    192/148
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Teryaki2 again." You absolutely rock. This is wonderful stuff man!

Dellion's Grim Batol exploration (linked above) was honestly one of my top three favorite things ever posted on OwnedCore. I think that the Gravity Well discovery, at the time he discovered it, was pure exploration genius. The thing that made the find so significant in my eyes was that it only worked right at that one spot by the portal. It never seemed to work anywhere else inside that instance, or in any other instance (and I certainly have looked since then). Very impressed that you discovered it on your own.

What you're showing here is Gravity Well use in the quest-giving room. I have never known it to work in that room, so I find that new information wonderful! The Cloud Serpent mount working outside the instance is also completely new information. I am ashamed to admit that I have never made it to "the tree" on a live realm. I fail the wall jumps that Dellion makes in that video and my patience betrays me. It will be so bittersweet, but I can't wait to finally visit the tree once I get one of these Serpents.

I do believe that this should have been posted in Dellion's thread, and still think asking a mod to merge the two threads wouldn't be a horrible idea... but that is one Wizard's opinion (and a biased one as stated above).

Teryaki's Avatar Legendary Explorer CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    103/82
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't really explore much past where I go dismounted. I will have to revisit this tree you are talking about. I will also see if I can get ahold of a mod to merge this with Dellion's post. The more I think about it the more I agree it should be merged. I will report it for merge when I get out of class (posting in class, such a bad person I am :P)

Posted using my iPhone.
    Teryaki#1806

OverLordErIcH's Avatar Explorer / Exploiter
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When did they make it so you could use that item in instances?
    Wowgamerxx119 exploit life

www.youtube.com/user/overlorderich

Thanks G/R
    103/82
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can't use it in most instances. I think this is the only one you can use actually. I tried in all the new instances and it says "You can't use that here."
    Teryaki#1806

HI5's Avatar ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Some Random Leacher
    Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    542/299
    Trade Feedback
    217 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dellion's thread is to old to merge it under it, its enough if Tery will give him credits and link to his thread in this case.

Thanks G/R
    103/82
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok thanks for clarifying HI5. I wasn't entirely sure.
    Teryaki#1806

WizardTrokair's Avatar <Walks Through Walls>
    Thanks G/R
    192/148
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting update on this phenomenon is here:

http://www.ownedcore.com/forums/worl...our-winds.html (You can fly inside raid Throne of the Four Winds!)

Sorry if this has been posted before... but clearly the issue / glitch stems from the flying ability for this particular mount only.

Thanks G/R
    103/82
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for pointing that out Trokair. I did see it in the elite exploits section about a week after release and didn't mention it for that reason. These are the only two instances where I could get them to mount and fly.
    Teryaki#1806

Elektropop's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    10/5
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Teryaki2 View Post
    Thanks for pointing that out Trokair. I did see it in the elite exploits section about a week after release and didn't mention it for that reason. These are the only two instances where I could get them to mount and fly.
    I was planning on releasing a video of this earlier but I honestly had no time uploading it. The Cloud Serpents can be mounted inside the Halloween verision of Scarlet Monestary. You get dismounted a second after cast ends but with Lag7 you can fly around for 20 seconds and easily reach all of the wings without use of the Bottled Tornado trinket.
    Naww

Thanks G/R
    103/82
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting. I know you can use them in the Scarlet Monastery instance now (not the Scarlet Halls, today's version of Graveyard) but didn't know you could use them in the Halloween version of it. +rep for this information.
    Teryaki#1806