0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Full Old School Tutorial...

This is my first EVER video I have made....when I was first getting into exploring...I know its old stuf i.e. top of IF, behind AQ before gate opens, etc. but us real explorers need to revisit our roots every now and then....Again this is my first video so I did not Alt+V. I know I know but it isnt a horrible movie imo. Heres some advice to any starting out explorers:

#1. Roll a Gnome Mage (lawl)
    #2. Always have a nogg/light feather on you
    #3. Get an epic mount
    #4. Try to stay away from haxx i.e. (Wallclimber or speedX.....even though WC is pretty neat)
    #5. Keep real exploration alive. People tend to copy others work, I dont mind if you do everything I do though....exploring gets tough and irritating sometimes.
    #6. Do not fear GM's. There image is bigger than they really are...believe me
    #7. HAVE FUN!!!!!!!

http://files.filefront.com/Gnaughty_.../fileinfo.html
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...67215505592689

its filefront and it might take awhile but its worth it I believe. I have a second movie already made, was finished awhile ago but lets take one step at a time. To all first-time explorers feel free to post in this topic or PM me, im good at helping. Good luck!

Also, im sorry for it not being on google or w/e I uploaded it and its been in the "processing" stage for about 7 hours lol oh well ill get one up
    Last edited by Gnaughty; 09-10-2006 at 10:54 AM. Reason: Auto-merged Doublepost

Full Old School Tutorial...
    tyguy22894's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Full Old School Tutorial...

Please youtube it or google.

Neocloud's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol i'm an explorer so far i've almost gotten to GM island, and got to IF airport, old ironforge,Inside the tram tank,and underneath SW

Gnaughty's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, has a working google link

Relz's Avatar Feed the trolls
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally Posted by Neocloud
    lol i'm an explorer so far i've almost gotten to GM island, and got to IF airport, old ironforge,Inside the tram tank,and underneath SW
    GM island is NOT in the middle of the ocean......its outside the top left corner of the map.
    "Step right up and shake hands with the devil"

Demonkunga's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ya and if your a "true world explorer" (like i used to be, until i learned of hacks, private servers, and model changing) .... model changing (to get to gm island) does not make you a true explorer A true exlporer like me, is the level 30 druid that goes into blasted lands, winterspring, epl, silithus etc...

Gnaughty's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

speak the word demon!!!!

spats's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

winterspring at 30, pfff... i every fp at 20, i list myself among the true explorers, my mage can go and has been everywhere, haha

i think exploring is the only reason i play anymore

Gnaughty's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

anyone even likes the movie?

Nezdragon's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally Posted by Gnaughty
    anyone even likes the movie?
    Filefront link isn't working for some reason, so I will have to watch the video tomorrow sometime...

As for exploration... I have been to IF Gnomish airport and the top of Mount Ironforge, Hyjal (twice), the secret area underneath Deadmines, underneath RFK, underneath Stratholme, underneath and on top of Orgrimmar, underneath and on top of Stormwind, on top of the Stormwind gates, in that area between Elwynn and Burning Steppes with the lake and empty camp followed by the dragon and mountaineers (killed the dragon, no lewtz), inside the walls surrounding the ruins of Lordaeron, the top of Blackrock Mountain, the Caverns of Time (very shiny), outside the instanced Zul'Gurub (the area around it while still inside the instance) as well as the bat priest's cave, the Northern Plaguelands with the tower and ruins, the area where Quel'Thalas should be (cut off halfway by ocean), the area where Gilneas should be (nothing there), the crypt portion of Karazhan tower, the top of Un'Goro crater (ocean side), a few places I can't remember offhand, and countless places not worth mentioning.

I consider myself an "intermediate" explorer. Some of the above were accessed with old wallwalking, some were accessed with different guides on how to get there (Deadmines secret comes to mind), some of the recent ones with the Wallwalking program, but some have been my own innovation, just seeing what was there. I haven't delved into Model Editing, instance swapping, and such past downloading Warcraftstudio, but I'm running out of places to explore!

Not to disparage the above posters, but getting flight paths is basic, true exploration is getting places the normal people can't, which is what makes getting places like Hyjal and Caverns of Time a big deal. Intermediate is the good old wallwalking, the newer haxxors, jumping and using terrain glitches and such; expert is like using instance swapping/model editing, or getting to any of the special islands (GM, programmers, designers islands); while advanced uber godlike 1337 artisian grand highpoobah exploration +2 would be getting to Outlands or the Emerald Dream on a live server.

I'll post about the movie when i see it, your thread is in the process of being hijacked though

~Nez
    *Insert Awe-Inspiring Signature Here*

Nezdragon's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)