Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[SPOILER] Cataclysm, The Grimtotem

Massive update will be up soon
    In patch 3.3, and 3.3.2 a few intresting things were added. Let me sum it up.

New tauren skins for all ''Grimtotem'' Npcs.
    In patch 3.3 all the Grimtotem npcs got new skin displays, with with white tattoo's forming a skull on their head and some markings on the arms, here is a picture:

[ame]http://img12.imageshack.us/slideshow/player.php?id=img12/3585/1266353897w47.smil[/ame]

New tauren gameobject Display Ids added in 3.3, and 3.3.2.

I'll get a picture, and display + names when I get home, but at the moment I can tell you that it's a GrimtotemTotem, and a huge ''Tauren Druid Tent'', and to inform those who dont know.
    All display IDs added to the DBC is going to be used in-game, this only applies for object ids added after Wrath, as before wrath lots of objects was made, but was later replaced by WMO's added in the game creation tool.

[ame]http://img62.imageshack.us/slideshow/player.php?id=img62/3172/1266356454kfi.smil[/ame]

Cataclysm & Lore

Magatha Grimtotem - WoWWiki - Your guide to the World of Warcraft

Magatha is the elder crone of the Grimtotem, and their leader. If you know quite a bit of lore you'll know she wants to murder Cairne Bloodhoof, to take lead of the tauren, as we've got to know that Cairne's son is taking over for him in thunderbluff this makes me curios on what's also going to happen, we've also seen that it is a instance in the flooded Thousand Needles, so maybe all this ''Grimtotem'' updates is about that.

Thousand Needles in Cataclysm:
    In World of Warcraft: Cataclysm, Thousand Needles will be flooded and retuned as level 40-45 zone.
    (It's possible two new instances, one raid and one dungeon, will be added. My taught is that this is possibly related to the Grimtotem.)
    Taken from Wowwiki

Speculation:

Continued from ''Thousand Needles'' instance is 40-45 as far as I've understood and it is a rumor that Gnomeregan is being replaced for a gnome city, so then they have to make a new instance for low levels, as a replacement, Gnomes are getting Gnomeregan! Hah! The speculation was confirmed.
    Read up on Mmo-champ, or wow.com for info about this.
    Players have also been speculating about tattoo's and other cosmetic customization for our characters, as all other tattoo's that we've seen ingame at the moment is just shirts (Many dont know this) And can be found in the DB on Vrykul npcs, and added as items for private servers)
    But the difference here is that these Grimtotem Tattoo's ain't a shirt, this is a skin, a part of the npc, so we may sit down and scratch our head until the beta, or release of Cataclysm.
    (The picture that started the speculation about tattoo's is on the Cataclysm main page where an orc got the same tattoo's as the vrykul of northrend has Link:
    World of Warcraft: Cataclysm - Media - Screenshots )

Links:

Grimtotem tribe - WoWWiki - Your guide to the World of Warcraft

World of Warcraft: Cataclysm - WoWWiki - Your guide to the World of Warcraft

Thank you for reading, I hope you enjoyed it.
    Last edited by ximen; 03-03-2010 at 11:36 AM. Reason: Some of my speculation is maybe right? Patch 3.3.3 Comfirms this.

[SPOILER] Cataclysm? The Grimtotem
    grassynole's Avatar Elite User
    Thanks G/R
    1/6
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought this was pretty interesting +Rep

U might want to fix the link of the tattoo'ed Orc tho

World of Warcraft: Cataclysm - Media - Screenshots
    Every1 knows Jesus was a shaman, think about it the reincarnate, the waterwalking... comon he was cc'd d for days!

Tobblish's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah nice info and looks like you have spent some time on it +Rep

ximen's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you;)

Thank you for your replies, Adding some more pictures now

ximen's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, Fixed a slideshow showing all the tattoo colours.

justBrando's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very nice. This is very intriguing. I hope things like this start to pop up over time to begin the change into the next xpac. I've been super interested in gnomergan and gnome lore since the beginning of this game, so I would love to see changes in there.

I guess we need to all keep our eyes open.

dea's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's pretty cool find : D I guess they'll bring up the tauren content then!

Sploitx's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think that tattoos would be a cool addition to unique customization of characters, nice find and +1 rep for sharing this with the community, gj and keep it up!

Sylcai's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXYPC2yon-w[/YT][ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXYPC2yon-w"]YouTube- World of Warcraft Gameplay Trailer 2004 e3[/ame]

at about 44 seconds, you see that 'druid tauren tent' you call new...
    Last edited by Sylcai; 02-18-2010 at 07:36 PM. Reason: also without tags, as it wasn't working...

ximen's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    at about 44 seconds, you see that 'druid tauren tent' you call new...
    If you read what I've written you'll see that it's now added as a gameobject, So it's a big diffrence. Please get your info right before you flame.
    That means you can spawn it In-game with commands, and you dont need a custom patch, or anything like that to see the change, the WMO have been there since the alpha of the game, and dont you think I'm aware of that? But there havnt been a Gameobject Display anytime before 3.3 when it was added, wich means it will be used somewhere in-game.

Kkthxbye
    Last edited by ximen; 02-18-2010 at 08:13 PM.

Fellgraa's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is very interesting. I Like the bit about the tattoos, some more customization options would be VERY interesting indeed.